SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 30, 2010, 09:53 AM
SOARMINDED
United States, OK, Mannford
Joined Jul 2006
410 Posts
Discussion
Ordering from Axel. Who has?? Group buy?

I would like to order a new 1/2 scale pilot from Axel. I would like to talk with someone who has done it, so i do not have any pitfalls or less if i go it on my own. Is anyone interested in doing a group buy? Since a few of us are ordering Bill's KA 50% i am thinking there would be a few
Jerry gnmechanic@yahoo.com
GNX430 is offline Find More Posts by GNX430
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:31 AM
Xroadie
St. Louis, Missouri
Joined Mar 2006
329 Posts
I e-mailed Axel about getting a 1/2 scale pilot for the KA6 a couple of weeks ago. He had not heard of the model, so I sent him a link to the Team Edge website. In our conversation I mentioned to him that I'd like to order a pilot, but may wait till the model is in my hands, to make sure that a 1/2 scale pilot will actually fit in it. I'd hate to order a pilot then have it be too big to fit
xroadie is offline Find More Posts by xroadie
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:56 AM
"Fly"Fisherman
Guntersville, AL
Joined Jun 2004
721 Posts
Bill will know if the 1/2 scale Axel will fit as soon as his prototype Ka-6 arrives. Don't ask me how I know.
Asher
Asher Carmichael is offline Find More Posts by Asher Carmichael
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:02 PM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,688 Posts
Axel takes Pypal now, so it's really simple to order, also a group buy doesn't really add any advantage.
s2000 is offline Find More Posts by s2000
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:29 PM
Xroadie
St. Louis, Missouri
Joined Mar 2006
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Carmichael View Post
Bill will know if the 1/2 scale Axel will fit as soon as his prototype Ka-6 arrives. Don't ask me how I know.
Asher
That's great news Asher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000 View Post
Axel takes Pypal now, so it's really simple to order, also a group buy doesn't really add any advantage.

Yes Axel is easy to work with and PayPal makes things even easier. I e-mailed him about ordering a pilot for the KA6 and got a reply within minutes...of course it helped that he remembered me, from when Robin L. and I visited him back in 1999. I hope to order an instrument panel as well.
xroadie is offline Find More Posts by xroadie
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:08 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Jan 2007
176 Posts
I've used the 1/2 size Axel in my Muller 1:2.3 size KA-6CR and the 40% size Axel as well. Both look fine however, I ended up perfering the 40% option. I would guess/think that the 1/2 size Axel for the new Ka would be more than OK.

Mark

40% pictured
PT Glider is offline Find More Posts by PT Glider
Old Sep 01, 2010, 02:03 PM
Low L/D
New Mexico
Joined Dec 2004
55 Posts
Here is my 2010 timeline on my 40% scale Axel pilot:

February 11: Began serious exchange of e-mails with Axel to choose options
February 13: Ordered via e-mail (I gave the go-ahead!)
February 13: Axel confirms within one hour, noting that he will send the
PayPal details only when he begins my pilot in April
April 21: Receive PayPal details and make payment
June 15: Pilot "Fritz" completed and sent via DHL
(Axel had taken a month-long vacation, thus the delay)
July 12: Fritz arrives unannounced via US mail (all my tracking
inquiries failed to provide any useful information)

And here he is, complete with the same grey beard and greying hair as I have, just as ordered from Axel. He is piloting "Sitz", my 40%-scale replica of the 1927 Stamer-Lippisch Sitzgleiter. Note that it is a tight fit. Fritz' back is rather stiff, but he can bend it just enough to get under the wing center. His legs are adjustable, and there is some play in his arms. Things were a little better once I attached the harness straps to the fuselage in a scale manner and tightened it up. His hands are very stiff and I was afraid of breaking a finger if I forced him to grasp the control knob.

All-in-all, Fritz is worth every (Euro)cent that he cost.

Jim
Cryoflyer is offline Find More Posts by Cryoflyer