HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:07 AM
United States, MA, Hull
Joined Dec 2004
78 Posts
Discussion
Outer panel servo connectors

What is your favorite way to connect the outer panel servos (on 3 or 4 part wings) to the extension? I'm looking for a way to make "automatic" hookups when I slide the outer panels on. Also looking for center panel/root panel to fuselage connector for 4 servo wing. What are you guys doing for these connectors?

Thanks
soaranator is online now Find More Posts by soaranator
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:37 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Jan 2010
163 Posts
I use the green, 6 pin Multiplex connectors for both outer panels and center section hook ups. They are reliable and durable. I just use normal wiring with slack, rather than any 'automatic hookups'.
banjo328 is offline Find More Posts by banjo328
Old Nov 13, 2014, 01:20 PM
Joensuu, Finland
Joined Mar 2002
1,506 Posts
6-pin Multiplex is an exellent choise, although a little bulky for the tip/center section break. I have never had any problems with a standard 3-pin servo extension plug for tip connection. I have one half of the connector pair fixed to the structure, the other is free with plenty of slack on the cable. I don't trust the wing attachments to be rigid enough to eliminate mechanical stresses if both connector halves were fixed. Rigging is easy enough without auto-hookup, as I can put the wing panel on the joiner, leaving a gap of one inch or so between parts, then plug the connector, then slide the panel fully home.
jkettu is offline Find More Posts by jkettu
Old Nov 13, 2014, 03:32 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,575 Posts
Three pin Deans, or, get the crimper sets and you can make your own normal connections that are like the ones that come on normal RC servos, etc. I use them to shorten leads on servos for connection to wire harnesses (saves weight) and the crimp connections are less stressful of the wire conductor.

Marc
R.M. Gellart is online now Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:55 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkettu View Post
6-pin Multiplex is an exellent choise, although a little bulky for the tip/center section break. I have never had any problems with a standard 3-pin servo extension plug for tip connection. I have one half of the connector pair fixed to the structure, the other is free with plenty of slack on the cable. I don't trust the wing attachments to be rigid enough to eliminate mechanical stresses if both connector halves were fixed. Rigging is easy enough without auto-hookup, as I can put the wing panel on the joiner, leaving a gap of one inch or so between parts, then plug the connector, then slide the panel fully home.
This is exact system I have on my 3.6 pulsar,, it's very quick and easy,, and robust and reliable,, in the past I've used it on many slope planes,, have never had a failure
( fingers crossed ;-))
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74