SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:02 AM
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Discussion
Composite Flying Wing Design (SolidWorks)

Just for fun a flying wing fpv platform I have been working on. If ever made, I plan to use nylon and epoxy with the help of someone I know. The design isn't fully completed yet, still unsure where to place the batteries, ignore the current places they are in. I am considering making a big compartment in the fuselage place for them. All other electronics are also yet to be decided on positions. I have heard that the vtx needs to be as far away as possible from the servos and to avoid jitter. The motor mount would use double stick tape along with a ziptie, I am curious if this has been done before. This wing is meant to be sturdy for speed and pulling high Gs. It will probably use multiple spars to hold the wings and fuselage together. The control surfaces, as shown, are elevons. Let me know if you want the solidworks parts and assembly.

-2 rectangular prisms = batteries (3s for fpv, possibly 4s for everything else)
-thing on left wing = modeled vtx without antennae
-on the very bottom of the first image theres a servo and my modeled hobbyking fpv camera

EDIT: easier to see motor mount setup, holes for ziptie.
Altitud3 is offline Find More Posts by Altitud3
Last edited by Altitud3; Jan 04, 2013 at 02:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts