HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:47 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
Wait, wait, we KEEP Piers Morgan, and send them Joy Behar and Whoopie Goldberg. Sounds equitable to me.
Throw in Debbie "What'shername" and I'm in.
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:53 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Throw in Debbie "What'shername" and I'm in.
Done, and done.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
Wait, wait, we KEEP Piers Morgan....

No, we keep Captain Morgan.
Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:42 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
I will say it again, ANY law that so much as slows you down on the way to ANY gun that can be used to protect yourself and others is an infringment and therefore defies the Constitution...
I'm with you. I think I can get a good deal on this one!
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:58 PM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
I'm with you. I think I can get a good deal on this one!
Well, certainly, that is NOT a DEFENSIVE weapon. We're talking protecting you and your family, not obliterating the town next door.
D W is online now Find More Posts by D W
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:02 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
As soon as all the bad guys agree to only muskets, I will too.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:16 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:27 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Well, certainly, that is NOT a DEFENSIVE weapon. We're talking protecting you and your family, not obliterating the town next door.
Where in the 2nd Amendment does it say that bearing arms is only meant for defensive use? From my recollection, the only other thing mentioned was a well regulated militia. And believe me, if I had that baby, the militia would be well regulated.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:24 AM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
How do we know that blunderbusses and muskets weren't the "High powered handguns and assault rifles" of their time ?.
High powered weaponry of the day might have included the privately owned cannons that were used by the colonists against the british......
Dave Campbell is offline Find More Posts by Dave Campbell
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:01 AM
Omnipote
Louisville, KY
Joined Apr 2001
665 Posts
I haven't owned a gun in almost 10 years but I have made so much money off the NRA fueled paranoia.

I'm a lifetime member of the NRA and everytime that French guy sends me a bizarre paranoid newsletter I just buy more stock in firearm and ammo companies.

It is like shooting fish in a barrel. Who would have thought that some French dude would drive such profits for American arms companies by being such a paranoid coward? Actually that makes sense.

Here is the bottom line. The vast majority of people killed by a firearm are killed by someone they know - over half of them are killed by one of their family members. About a quarter of all people killed by a firearm are killed by their own firearm. Owning a firearm increases your risk of burglary by a factor of 10.

Guns are cool and all and I fully support the Second Amendment and I have my CCL. But you have to realize that on the whole you are more likely to be killed by a firearm if you posses them.

Crime rates are at an all time low. Feel free to own all the guns you want, but don't kid yourself that they are protecting you. The opposite is true.
stone_axe is offline Find More Posts by stone_axe
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:41 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Stone I think alot of what you said is due to lack of training,and/or respect. I see alot of stupidity by so-called firearms enthusiasts,especially on youtube. I have owned and fired guns my whole life, and because of my Dads, and my military training, I have the utmost respect for my guns. Just to go out and purchase a gun, with no training in its use, and the pure mechanics of it, is incredibly STUPID, in my opinion!
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:46 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts

Check out 8-year-old GIA ROCCO and her 'Love Gun', customized by Scalpel Arms.Young Ms.Rocco is active in 4H shooting sports and IDPA. She wants to compete in the 2020 Olympics....Way to go GIA!!~
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:49 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post

Check out 8-year-old GIA ROCCO and her 'Love Gun', customized by Scalpel Arms.Young Ms.Rocco is active in 4H shooting sports and IDPA. She wants to compete in the 2020 Olympics....Way to go GIA!!~
Gaurantee you, SHE has parents that got HER trained right!!!
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:59 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_axe View Post
Owning a firearm increases your risk of burglary by a factor of 10.

Really? ...and how pray/tell, do the burglars know yours is a firearm "protected" home? Do you advertise?
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:26 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz View Post
Really? ...and how pray/tell, do the burglars know yours is a firearm "protected" home? Do you advertise?
I gotta agree with this. I find that statistic hard to believe.

I don't go around advertising the fact that I have firearms. I guess if you hang around with lowlifes and don't monitor who you allow in your home the chance may go up but most everyone I know stays very low key about ownership except amongst ourselves.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola