SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM
Joined Mar 2014
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman View Post
Mac,

You can use the Mobius as the flight camera and record video.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1951912

You have to define your expectations of a "high quality video displayed on a monitor".
Hello Dave ! I would be happy with a transmitted video of my display as good as Mobius recorded , or nearly .
maccardiolog is offline Find More Posts by maccardiolog
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM
Joined Nov 2013
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccardiolog View Post
Hello Dave ! I would be happy with a transmitted video of my display as good as Mobius recorded , or nearly .
The Mobius records HD, but the live video out is Standard Definition (SD). All of the regular vtx's only transmit SD anyway. To get an HD (or anything close) downlink video means bumping up to something like LightBridge, heavy and expensive. You could also investigate switching over to the Phantom Vision platform which will get you a much higher quality downlink video. Or, you could lower your expectations a little. There are lots of videos out there that show you a recording from the typical downlinked video for you to look at. Again, it is quite a bit less quality than what the Mobius records, unfortunately.

Edit:
Here is an example of the difference. (Any SD board camera used for the live downlink video will be close to the Mobius live video and not the recorded video)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=431
Dave Pitman is online now Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
Last edited by Dave Pitman; Yesterday at 03:06 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM
Joined Sep 2013
4,066 Posts
Quote:
You could also investigate switching over to the Phantom Vision platform which will get you a much higher quality downlink video.
I think the Vision series cameras output SD analog video as well.
ElGuano is online now Find More Posts by ElGuano
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM
Joined Sep 2013
4,066 Posts
Quote:
You could also investigate switching over to the Phantom Vision platform which will get you a much higher quality downlink video.
I'm pretty sure the Vision series cameras output SD analog (composite) video as well, so it should be comparable with what gets transmitted from a GoPro or Mobius.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM
Joined Nov 2013
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuano View Post
I'm pretty sure the Vision series cameras output SD analog (composite) video as well, so it should be comparable with what gets transmitted from a GoPro or Mobius.
My mistake. I thought that the downlinked video over wifi was better quality than the video of "traditional" vtx systems.
Dave Pitman is online now Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM
Joined Mar 2014
31 Posts
Quote:
The Mobius records HD, but the live video out is Standard Definition (SD). All of the regular vtx's only transmit SD anyway. To get an HD (or anything close) downlink video means bumping up to something like LightBridge, heavy and expensive. You could also investigate switching over to the Phantom Vision platform which will get you a much higher quality downlink video. Or, you could lower your expectations a little. There are lots of videos out there that show you a recording from the typical downlinked video for you to look at. Again, it is quite a bit less quality than what the Mobius records, unfortunately.

Edit:
Here is an example of the difference. (Any SD board camera used for the live downlink video will be close to the Mobius live video and not the recorded video)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=431
Thank you Dave and ElGuano ! Very good said : I will lower my expectation ! But is your opinion if I would use an apart cam ( Sony CCV...) for this purpose ( how will be the video quality ? )
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM
Joined Sep 2013
4,066 Posts
Quote:
My mistake. I thought that the downlinked video over wifi was better quality than the video of "traditional" vtx systems.
I did as well, for the embarrassingly longest time, especially with those 320x240 and 640x480 settings in the app

But then I saw those Dronexpert guys patching video into the App from GoPro and Sony cameras, and had the most "duhhh" moment....
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM
Quad Pilot
Joined Jan 2013
1,053 Posts
Quote:
Thank you Dave and ElGuano ! Very good said : I will lower my expectation ! But is your opinion if I would use an apart cam ( Sony CCV...) for this purpose ( how will be the video quality ? )
2 tips around your requirements:

I use both, 540 TVL Sony CCV cam and the mobius for filming.
With enough daylight, the Mobius is far better, but at noon or night the CCV is better. In addition you have to wire for CCV and sometime is a PITA to involve an OSD with it. Altough with Mobius to adding a simple OSD is near to "plug and play".

With CCV camera your right sure not to loose FPV in midflight (scary situation with 2 Mobius issues loosing power and let me blind at 800 mts)
Jumanoc is offline Find More Posts by Jumanoc
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jumanoc; Yesterday at 04:11 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM
Joined Mar 2014
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc View Post
2 tips around your requirements:

I use both, 540 TVL Sony CCV cam and the mobius for filming.
With enough daylight, the Mobius is far better, but at noon or night the CCV is better. In addition you have to wire for CCV and sometime is a PITA to involve an OSD with it. Altough with Mobius to adding a simple OSD is near to "plug and play".

With CCV camera your right sure not to loose FPV in midflight (scary situation with 2 Mobius issues loosing power and let me blind at 800 mts)
Hello Humanoc . How did you loose the power from Mobius ? Did the Power of Mobius supply from its battery or from the other source ?
Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,491 Posts
Thanks for this info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuano View Post
Correct, the LEDs on the Phantom 1 are part of the ESCs, and cannot be switched on and off (or otherwise controlled by the user in any way). A lot of people who film at night and get glare from the red lights wrap the front arms with electrical tape to blackout the lights.

What I did was replace all my ESCs with E300s and added new orientation lights; the new ones are wired into a microcontroller plugged into the Naza so a free channel can change animation patterns, adjust brightness or blackout the lights completely. That's a fairly involved mod though.
muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM
Quad Pilot
Joined Jan 2013
1,053 Posts
Quote:
Hello Humanoc . How did you loose the power from Mobius ? Did the Power of Mobius supply from its battery or from the other source ?
I use the Mobius powered with it s own battery, but it suddendly showed low battery alarm and around 10 seconds after that the camera turned off. I verified the battery and it was dead. I recharged it and no failure detected. Many flights after that the issue repeated one more time. No explanation found. After that, now i use the FPV wired with charge Mobius from main battery.
Jumanoc is offline Find More Posts by Jumanoc
RCG Plus Member