HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:37 AM
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne
Joined Jun 2012
235 Posts
Discussion
JR VIBE50 vibration

Gidday people. Ive started this thread because im having some issues with vibration. Ive gone over everything on the heli three times, stripped it down and rebuilt. But i still cant find the problem, so im beginning to think the engine bearings might be on there way out, reason im saying engine bearings is because when I first got the engine I didn't no much about nitro so when it flooded I always kept trying to start the engine would that have anything to do with it.
Can anyone out there answer my questions or solve my problem
korts04 is offline Find More Posts by korts04
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:31 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,385 Posts
Engine bearings usually make noise when there going bad.
What sort of vibration is it. Different types of vibration are often related to a specific problem. Example would be the tail moving up, and down (horizontal fin tips blur). Or a different problem of the tail going side to side (vertical fin tip blur).
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:23 AM
Mulit-Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2004
3,380 Posts
If it still has the plastic tail blades throw them in the trash.
barracudahockey is online now Find More Posts by barracudahockey
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:25 AM
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne
Joined Jun 2012
235 Posts
gidday guys sorry for the late reply didnt think i would get a response. Usually when the engine starts to splutter it gives of a lot of vibration. But I think ive found the solution to my problem, what ive done is I went and bought some thick double sided tape and doubled it up on the gyro with a bit of thin plastic sand wedged between. Now their is only a tiny bit of vibration, not enough to trow it out of wack.
korts04 is offline Find More Posts by korts04