HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2011, 08:17 AM
Biting ankles since '53
No Pants Island
Joined Feb 2007
2,944 Posts
Discussion
Pitcheron wing camber control

Thoroughly bored, as only someone with a day off, light wind but driving rain, a Shredder to finish but no materials, and a pub nearby but a girlfriend who wants a meal out tonight, can be.
So I returned to my doodles of a skinny little 60" pitcheron I'm working out. A small cog ticks in my brain and I wonder if anyone has thought of a second set of cams at the back of the wing with bigger throws (But presumably needing less power) to drive rear flapped portions of the wing.
You could adjust camber/reflex, add snap flap, maybe even differential. And of course, play with the foil for braking effects.
Sorry about the doodle. I know the cams need drive slots, after all I've just spent ages tweaking my Shredder cams.

mr_editor is offline Find More Posts by mr_editor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2011, 06:23 PM
Twisted and Confused
Joined May 2003
4,351 Posts
I reckon you'd be better off flipping the back one around the other way - it would take some creative mixing, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.

Steve
flyonline is offline Find More Posts by flyonline
Old May 31, 2011, 05:44 AM
Biting ankles since '53
No Pants Island
Joined Feb 2007
2,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonline View Post
I reckon you'd be better off flipping the back one around the other way - it would take some creative mixing, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.

Steve
Good point it would keep the rear cam a bit shorter.
As to the mixer on my Cockpit SX I'd use aileron to flap mix and elevator to keep the foil inline, and flap for camber and reflex. Whether it would be worth doing it a different matter altogether.
I think I'd need to be VERY bored.
Old May 31, 2011, 11:14 AM
Ninja Master
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2007
1,771 Posts
I can't see how you could do this effectively with cams in the fuse. I'd love to see it done though. Usually space is at a premium in a twisty fuse, especially a 60 incher, so wouldn't it be simpler doing it this way? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1438425
Better control, more throw for flaps, ability to switch it on and off for different flight conditions.
BigSwede is online now Find More Posts by BigSwede
Old May 31, 2011, 01:51 PM
Biting ankles since '53
No Pants Island
Joined Feb 2007
2,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
I can't see how you could do this effectively with cams in the fuse. I'd love to see it done though. Usually space is at a premium in a twisty fuse, especially a 60 incher, so wouldn't it be simpler doing it this way? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1438425
Better control, more throw for flaps, ability to switch it on and off for different flight conditions.
Very nice I missed that. I also like the Hypnosis2 with the airbrake style flaps.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=hypnosis