New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2015, 07:56 PM
Find More Posts by timbuck
5.7kg should do it....
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
6,024 Posts
Lack luster few month's , I just got back from visiting family where there has been some massive changes to say the least. As you all know about my brothers accident , resulting in the loss of innocent 3 lives , resulting in a long time to think about his actions ( which is a great thing) and it will insure the safety of the public , the welfare of his 3 kids has been an issue with an on going battle with his ice addicted partner , I like to give a hats off to my mom and dad , battling through this sheet and now have custody of the 3 kids , Ayala 4 , xavier 5 ,Tobias 12 , together as a family we can show them love and hopefully show them what a normal life is about and leed them to a better future. I'm very happy to say they all are interested in flying thing's and fishing. So i just might be able to help with that.
Also they are very good at sports , Tobias who on Friday got first in the 800m run , long jump , and high jump , little Ayala got 2nd in her 50m dash. These kids have a brighter future now , there is a long road ahead , and some large hills to climb. I'm looking forward to showing them a few tips along the way.

It's crazy how many peoples lives are touched by drugs , and such a small % once hooked ever get away from them. Heads up. If you know anyone who you think might be sliding in the wrong direction SPEAK UP , let them know your there......and there is a better way to live life. There are no happy endings in the dabbling in drugs. My tip of the day...... The brutal truth is alway your friend...

On a brighter note , while I was down there , I build a sheet metal spray booth , fitted with heat lamps and centrifugal 3 phases extraction unit and painted in 2k white. Very fancy Still have a few mods to do to make it better but it working great. Painting is always an issue when it's cold and I've been frustrated lately due to paint stuff ups , that where cause only by me rushing to get it finished , due to weather conditions or just the sun going down.
Not I can paint anytime , and in the same conditions every time. This is going to make a big difference in the speed of my processes. Like last night paint another gizlite for thom. Due to it being all steel with the lamp it get to about 40'c and I baked the paint for 10 hours after painting , so it was ready to lay up today
Also I didn't have room to bring back all my new draws and kitchen bench's for the shed fit out , so hopefully I'll get a chance to go back down in the next few weeks and pick them up. So them I'll have a shed like F1 garage....well maybe not , but it will help a lot for making every process easier and more efficient.
Got back up to geoff's and picked up another 10 cores , and they are all great and nice quality and he is doing me a bunch more. The few changes we have made have been good to speed up his process in making them as well. And he is doing a few hear and there when his machine is not running just so I always have a stock pile. Which I've never had before.
Thing are looking great , and very exited about the quality of the new gizlites and I apologise for the delay on some stuff , but sometimes thing's just get in the way.
Kind of funny last night I was cooking dinner , singing and dancing and just being a weirdo and Suzi came out and asked if I had lost it , and why I was so happy. My reply was my spray booth works F. ing awesome. , her reply " thought you won lotto. My reply .... Yes I just did. . Funny how I feel it has just made things lighter for me , and considering the 2m takes a lot more painting it's going to help hugely in quality of product and consistency of what I do. I really do believe I've been a victim of my own success , as was not set up properly to build a million gizmo's.. And to do it all out of a one car garage is testing.. But now I really want to make things better and more production line like. So into the future I can keep bringing things to life and share my passion for flight to anyone that might want to share the smiles.

Sorry for the rant , just good to vent sometimes
timbuck is offline Find More Posts by timbuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More colours
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2015, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by Ezza
DS= -$ & :-)
Byron Bay, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
3,230 Posts
Vent away buddy! Some very wise words mate, I totally agree. It is such a terribly tough situation. Those kids are very lucky to have such excellent Grandparents and Uncle/Aunty. It is such a special effort you guys have put in stepping up like that. The kids' lives will be so much richer for it and so will yours with all the experiences you have coming up together. They sound like real naturally gifted athletes.

The new spray booth and F1/Gizmo shed will be so handy for you. You really have created a monster with these Gizmos as they are so good. It must be hard to keep up with but don't put too much pressure on yourself as we all just have to be patient and realise just how much work goes into one, you are one person with a life outside of the shed too, the list is very long, and life is always throwing up challenges. I can say for sure that the wait for a Gizmo/Gizlite/Giz2M is well worth it!
Ezza is offline Find More Posts by Ezza
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by Diceman89
Ultrabatics enthusiast
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2012
1,494 Posts
Great to hear the kids are doing so well! Hats off to all of you and your family!

Glad to see you so excited about your new spray booth knowing that it will make the process way easier and better. Don't ever loose that feeling! We love your products!!
Diceman89 is online now Find More Posts by Diceman89
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:35 PM
Find More Posts by timbuck
5.7kg should do it....
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
6,024 Posts
Thanks

Booth 8-)
timbuck is offline Find More Posts by timbuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More colours
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by Owen Hedger
Crafter of flying plugs
Australia, NSW, Armidale
Joined Feb 2007
1,375 Posts
Yeah, that will stay white
Owen Hedger is offline Find More Posts by Owen Hedger
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by olythom
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Oct 2009
390 Posts
Great news about the kids. Drugs do an incredible amount of damage to the addict and everyone around the addict. The kids will be much better off without that factor in their lives. Good on you, mate.

And, after reading your post, I have the honor of owning the first Giz that was painted in the new super booth..... how cool is that?
>Thom
olythom is offline Find More Posts by olythom
Last edited by olythom; Jul 28, 2015 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Typo
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:29 PM
Find More Posts by Diceman89
Ultrabatics enthusiast
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2012
1,494 Posts
Now that is a nice booth!
Diceman89 is online now Find More Posts by Diceman89
Old Jul 29, 2015, 05:06 PM
Find More Posts by macinr
USA, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
1,286 Posts
Thanks for sharing your story Tim - glad to hear of the "lightness" - an invaluable feeling - and giving new chances to those kids.
macinr is offline Find More Posts by macinr
Old Jul 29, 2015, 07:14 PM
Find More Posts by guitarcher
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Australia, QLD, Maryborough
Joined Jan 2013
246 Posts
You sounded pretty stressed when I spoke to you a couple of weeks ago so I'm glad to hear you are feeling more positive now.

Your F1/Giz shed will be even sqeezier with the sexy new spray booth jammed in there.!!
guitarcher is offline Find More Posts by guitarcher