HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2014, 09:25 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,468 Posts
the DX7 definitely does not have an internal backup battery.
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2014, 06:51 PM
Joined Dec 2004
24 Posts
DX7 backup

There seems to be some disagreement on this

So should I leave the NiMH pack in the DX7 IN or OUT when I go away for 6 months? (I know this is a DX7s thread but people here know what they're talking about)

Seem it doesn't need to be in, in the 7s as it has no backup battery, flash instead, but what is keeping my model memories going for 6 months with no NiMH in the DX7??

Original question was - does it even make any difference to the backup if the NiMH is in or out? I'm even more worried now, Andy, as my DX7 is SEVEN YEARS OLD!!

ps Could someone ask Gerula, if it's likely he would know, please??
AyrtonS is offline Find More Posts by AyrtonS
Last edited by AyrtonS; Feb 27, 2014 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling!
Old Feb 27, 2014, 07:00 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,525 Posts
Leave them out.

The reference was to a troll who thought he knew more about the radio than the people who are paid to work on them.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 01, 2014, 08:40 PM
Joined Dec 2004
24 Posts
Many thanks m8

Will leave out batts in both Txs, as per normal. I have heard from an Australian source that the Spektrum agents are saying it will cost more than the tranny is worth to replace the DX7 backup battery...

(Sorry I didn't get the Gerula reference)

ATB
AyrtonS is offline Find More Posts by AyrtonS
Old Mar 17, 2014, 04:05 PM
Canada, ON, St. Thomas
Joined Sep 2007
9 Posts
DX7s programming help for 3ch RQ 11 Raven Plane

Spent the last couple of years flying multirotors and I am now trying my hand at planes for fpv. I need some help connecting the receiver and programming the radio. Here is what I have;
Spectrum Dx7s with a OrangeRX RX3s -3 axis flight stabilizer with DSM2 6 channel 2.4ghz compatible receiver.
Plane is a Nitroplanes 3channel RQ 11 Raven - has throttle, rudder and elevator.

The questions I have are;

1. What connections should I make to the receiver from the plane to take advantage of the gyro?

How should I program the radio?

Thanks in advance.
Troy
trailhogg is offline Find More Posts by trailhogg
Old Mar 17, 2014, 06:58 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,468 Posts
with a 3ch plane, you want to connect the rudder to the "aileron" port on the rx and the elevator to the elevator, the "rudder" port will not be used. as for radio programing, I would check the directions for the unit....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Mar 17, 2014, 08:54 PM
Canada, ON, St. Thomas
Joined Sep 2007
9 Posts
Thanks for the info dacaur!
trailhogg is offline Find More Posts by trailhogg
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:33 PM
NiteWkr
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Joined Sep 2004
47 Posts
subscribe
garryarm1 is offline Find More Posts by garryarm1
Old Apr 01, 2014, 10:57 PM
DONT PANIC! :)
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Jan 2012
1,775 Posts
I seem to be having trouble trying to increase servo throw. Particularly the rudder.

Where do I set my values?Travel ? Because I did and nothing happened.

I apologize if this has been covered already.

Please disregard. I got it. Thanks
out of stock is offline Find More Posts by out of stock
Old Apr 02, 2014, 08:21 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,525 Posts
The Servo menu includes a Travel option which can be used to scale the output of the rudder function to the servo.

The D/R screen can be used to adjust the sensitivity and range of the rudder input to the rudder function.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:44 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,116 Posts
So I bought a new dx7s to replace my old dx7 that seemed to have had the output go bad.Needed a new radio anyway.Had the dx7s about 6 mo now.Today I go to fly and had a great morning for the first couple of flights,then the radio wouldn't control my plane when I was turning it on,just the led on the transmitter was blinking.Talked to support and they say the output is bad for some reason.Can't find the original receipt so now i'm stuck with a very expensive paperweight.Think I am done with spectrum products
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:49 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,301 Posts
Do you even need it? Send it in for service and see what happens.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 13, 2014, 09:12 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,116 Posts
well,considering I was using it to fly with and don't have a backup,yeah I needed it.just picked up a cheep 9xr to use as backup till I figure out if they are going to fix this or not,will look at some other radios also.
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Apr 13, 2014, 09:19 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oly_rcer View Post
well,considering I was using it to fly with and don't have a backup,yeah I needed it.just picked up a cheep 9xr to use as backup till I figure out if they are going to fix this or not,will look at some other radios also.
I know they will fix it and perhaps at no charge. They have excellent Customer Service and Warranty coverage. Just what you would expect from any reputable RC radio manufacturer and distributor.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:10 PM
The "Foaminator"
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oly_rcer View Post
So I bought a new dx7s to replace my old dx7 that seemed to have had the output go bad.Needed a new radio anyway.Had the dx7s about 6 mo now.Today I go to fly and had a great morning for the first couple of flights,then the radio wouldn't control my plane when I was turning it on,just the led on the transmitter was blinking.Talked to support and they say the output is bad for some reason.Can't find the original receipt so now i'm stuck with a very expensive paperweight.Think I am done with spectrum products
Should you classify this as the "paperweight" I'd be glad to pay the shipping to California and take it off your hands
mikeruth is offline Find More Posts by mikeruth