Old Oct 02, 2014, 10:35 AM
7.62x51
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
699 Posts
New Product
E-flite UMX Viking Model 12 280

Overview

The E-flite® Viking Model 12® 280 model is an aggressive 3D recreation of the sensational full-scale aerobatic biplane. Up front is a brushless 280-size outrunner motor that’s incredibly powerful on a 3S Li-Po battery. Lightweight molded foam construction helps deliver the best power-to-weight ratio and stunning finish of the Viking trim scheme. But it’s the specially tuned Spektrum™ AR6335 6-channel receiver with AS3X® technology that delivers a 3D park flyer without equal. That’s because the AS3X system has been specially tuned for this biplane to fight the effects of wind and turbulence so all you experience is a locked-in control feel comparable to flying an expertly tuned aerobat that’s much larger.

Whether you’re an experienced park pilot looking for a great 3D biplane or a 3D expert who wants a super-convenient aerobatic thrill machine, the E-flite Viking Model 12 280 is ideal. All you need to start flying today is your favorite full range 4+ channel programmable aircraft transmitter with Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM2®/DSMX® technology and a charged 450mAh 3S 30C 11.1V Li-Po battery.

Control the Air
The advanced AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization - 3-axis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel AR6335 nanolite receiver is what helps give the E-flite® Viking Model 12® 280 an incredibly solid look and feel in the air. It’s technology that works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with exclusively tuned flight control software. As a result, your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced so that your air show passes can be laser-straight and 3D maneuvers can be performed with greater accuracy. It’s an aerobatic flight experience you get in the convenience of park spaces, but will have you feeling like you’re at the controls of an expertly tuned biplane that’s much larger.

Brushless Power
A brushless 280-size, 1800Kv outrunner motor is matched to a 10-amp ESC and your 3S Li-Po battery to deliver exceptional 3D power.

Digital Servos and 3D-Size Surfaces
E-flite® 3.5-gram super sub-micro digital servos deliver a high-rate of travel and great holding power to the 3D-sized control surfaces.

Lightweight and Strong
The highly tuned airframe features rigid foam construction which makes it possible to replicate complex detail and keep weight remarkably low.

Vibrant Design
The stunning Viking Model 12® design and trim scheme is officially licensed by Jim Kimball Enterprises, Scandinavian Airshow and Aircraft Studio Design.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...d=EFL6650#home
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2014, 11:03 AM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,466 Posts
It's a 280 Beast... F it I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Oct 02, 2014, 11:09 AM
Stitching 'em back together!
United States, MO, Lee's Summit
Joined Jun 2012
492 Posts
Wings look much thicker than the Beast's. But it does look good.
stitch1 is offline Find More Posts by stitch1
Old Oct 02, 2014, 11:09 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,489 Posts
Interesting that they went with the AS3X on this as the previous models Edge and Inversa didn't have it. I'm looking forward to this!

ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Oct 02, 2014, 11:16 AM
Micro and Beyond!
Joined Jul 2014
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Interesting that they went with the AS3X on this as the previous models Edge and Inversa didn't have it. I'm looking forward to this!

I'm thinking that AS3X will be pretty much a standard for future HH products... Great looking plane!
BlukeSky is offline Find More Posts by BlukeSky
Old Oct 02, 2014, 01:43 PM
Joined May 2012
9,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post
Wings look much thicker than the Beast's. But it does look good.
?? The UMX Beast has different wing airfoils from the 60e Beast which has different airfoils than the 100cc Beast which has different airfoils than had the full size Beast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post

Inverza and Edge didn't have an available AS3X receiver at the time they were released like 2 yrs ago.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2014, 02:55 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,482 Posts
I'm in!

It's about time this one came out -- A Pitts model12 in this form-factor, with AS3X was a no brainer.

I would go ahead and pre-order it, but sometimes that's not the fastest way to get it.

Does anyone know scheduled release date?
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Oct 02, 2014, 06:45 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,118 Posts
Absolutely stunning!

RF
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Old Oct 02, 2014, 06:51 PM
Same Day Delivery
Economy, Pa.
Joined Mar 2002
3,537 Posts
Listing as $20 off on there foam frenzy sale. This one looks real good, I'm In !

Don't tell Nana
mike3976 is online now Find More Posts by mike3976
Old Oct 02, 2014, 08:59 PM
Stitching 'em back together!
United States, MO, Lee's Summit
Joined Jun 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
?? The UMX Beast has different wing airfoils from the 60e Beast which has different airfoils than the 100cc Beast which has different airfoils than had the full size Beast...

I don't just mean different airfoils I mean they look thicker as in stronger. Just look at them .
stitch1 is offline Find More Posts by stitch1
Old Oct 03, 2014, 08:13 AM
Weekend Hacker
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2009
142 Posts
Seeing as my v1 beast saw its last flight last weekend, this couldn't have been released at a better time. I think I'm going to need some more batteries, so I can fly this and my Inverza 280.
nitro_star is offline Find More Posts by nitro_star
Old Oct 03, 2014, 09:36 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,075 Posts
I'm in, but they had better do something about those @#$%^& servos!!!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 03, 2014, 10:02 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,477 Posts
Finally, a Model 12 in 280 size WITH AS3X!

I stayed away from the 280-size Edge & Inverza because they fly so small & twitchy, and because the little Beast 3D & Sbach 3D handle wind & turbulence so much better. But I'll definitely end up with one of these in my hangar!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Oct 03, 2014, 10:16 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,075 Posts
Joel - I think you nailed it. This thing has two major advantages over the Edge and Inverza:

1) Bipe (come on, now that's just darned cool at this scale!)
2) AS3x - I always thought that was a HUGE miss on the Edge and Inverza.

In fact, I'm wondering now if I could just move this rx into my Edge if anything happened to the bipe ?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 03, 2014, 11:18 AM
Joined May 2012
9,466 Posts
I just completely obliterated my own rules, and pre-ordered this one....
RCG Plus Member