HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2013, 03:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,393 Posts
OK so I got smarter.

The three neck straps worked well but two works better and isn't as busy looking.
Also with the one strap on the bottom attachment fittings adjustment in tilt of the TX is easier to do.

I like it! Very stabile.
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:09 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,786 Posts
I think I would choke myself if I crashed lol!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:06 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,393 Posts
That's why I carry a knife.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 06:06 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,786 Posts
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2013, 07:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,393 Posts
Coming up on 100 flights on the wax lube on the slant gear of my G770.
I see no wear on the gear which makes me happy and no oily residue everywhere which makes me even happier.
My first 100 flights wore out my original slant gear which was lubed with everything I could think of but wax.
The second 100 flights I have flown much more aggressively than the first 100 so the wax is really doing a good job.
I have been religious on reapplying the wax lube every 10 flights.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 07:45 PM
Malaysian Flier
Selangor, Malaysia
Joined Jan 2008
241 Posts
Not bad for the canopy
zhnme523 is offline Find More Posts by zhnme523
Old Nov 06, 2013, 07:59 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
The three neck straps worked well but two works better and isn't as busy looking.
Also with the one strap on the bottom attachment fittings adjustment in tilt of the TX is easier to do.

I like it! Very stabile.
Great idea! But I just use a TX tray myself. Same thing I guess. Also, I haven't noticed any wear whatsoever either since I started waxing. Pretty much as I expected to be honest. Just a new looking shiny gear time after time. Kinda cool isn't it?

Nice canopy btw!
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:47 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,393 Posts
I thought of using a tray but thought the straps would negotiate my six pack which has some how turned into a quarter barrel.

Wax lube is the ticket for sure.

Super canopy zhnme523...it's mesmerizing.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 11:29 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
I thought of using a tray but thought the straps would negotiate my six pack which has some how turned into a quarter barrel.

Wax lube is the ticket for sure.

Super canopy zhnme523...it's mesmerizing.
Lol, the guy I had build my Tx tray put in an adjustable belly tray extension. Big or small the tray slides in and out so the belly issue isn't an issue.
Old Nov 07, 2013, 06:27 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,393 Posts
Very cool.

I guess for both of us laughing while flying is prohibited.
Not to worried about the size of my belly as long as my arms can still reach the TX.

All kidding aside with the two strap arrangement for my TX I can now be comfortable with pinching the sticks instead of thumbing,
Last edited by A VIKING; Nov 07, 2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2013, 12:36 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,303 Posts
Yeah, that is really the point! I had to start pinching this year myself. And had to address the way the Tx was strapped also.

We even had a new (older like us) guy out hovering his small Eflite 450 that was really struggling through the summer. I stuffed a flymentor on it and a set of 600 shortened skids. That really helped him. But he was still struggling and I asked him a few questions. The next time I hit the field I gave my expensive Jeti Tx tray to him to use. I did keep my expensive Jeti strap though, and set him up with double Spektrums. He has a much bigger ahhmm.... love handle, yeah that's what it should be called, than I do. Being kinda skinnier myself the tray didn't work as well for me. During his first flight I thought he would split his lip from the huge grin on his face. So for some of us, this is the ticket. I know it really helped me this year for sure also.

Hey, a question if I may? I have been struggling to hit my magic Sk cyclic numbers with the recommended servo arm dimensions. 15/16mm. I even ran mine out to 17 then 19. What are you guys using here?
Old Nov 07, 2013, 04:34 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,393 Posts
On my 770 I run blue align horns on the inside hole which I believe is 18mm.
Old Nov 09, 2013, 08:23 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,786 Posts
Wow! I don't know what changes I made when changing from the Futaba 7C to the 8FG, but my Goblin 500 is locked in! My flying today was so great club members were coming over and again asking what fbl controller I was using.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2013, 06:43 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Wow! I don't know what changes I made when changing from the Futaba 7C to the 8FG, but my Goblin 500 is locked in! My flying today was so great club members were coming over and again asking what fbl controller I was using.
Doesn't get any better than that! Congrats on your super flights!
Futaba does make some fine equipment but if I were a betting man I would bet it was all you. Flying with a new TX made your focus and concentration that much sharper producing the flights you had.
Good equipment is one thing but without the ability of the pilot, equipment alone can't produce what you flew.
Good Job!! Makes for a really good day,
Old Nov 10, 2013, 09:25 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,786 Posts
Thanks! I do recall lowering the elevator gain on the vbar when I set it back up. It would porpoise during fast flight. Something tells me it was also screwing with the rest of the flight.

Going back out today to get my CF Logo back into the air. Have not had it up sence before IRCHA
RCG Plus Member