HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:17 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
All you have to do is look at companies cutting hours to below 30 hours for employees so they don't have to pay insurance. Those stories are all over the place. Companies holding back investment until they see exactly what the impact will be. Estimates of 30%-50% of companies plan on dropping healthcare for their employees to avoid the mess. There are also estimates that this year the cost of insurance will skyrocket 50%-100% with the new changes. Businesses rightfully are planning for the worst. Companies are doing their best to plan ahead and by doing so they must limit thier exposure. That means the impacts of Obamacare in many ways are already here. I know when my company released our new healthcare plan the primary topic of their conversation was the impact of Obamacare on our plans.
That is not a fact, who estimated that ?
Your source ??????

herasay.
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:28 PM
Native American
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
Thank you.
No, it will not catch up with me, what ever you think it is.
Why ? I am blue collar, old fashioned, I clean the parking lot with a broom, or shovel the snow, not a hired hand and I stand on the floor every day, no job to small or to low for me, what ever is needed.
Don't forget I harvested as an elegal, I am an imigrant . We are not better, but more hard working and failure is not an option for us .
You are dinos and we are that big Ol' Rock that is hitting .
Get used to it, its the liberal way, hard work, blue collar.
You should be very proud of what you have accomplished, a true America success story. However, the very essence of your work represents what Republicans strive to support, and the exact opposite of what the democrats stand for. I am surprised you are missing that?
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:08 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
You should be very proud of what you have accomplished, a true America success story. However, the very essence of your work represents what Republicans strive to support, and the exact opposite of what the democrats stand for. I am surprised you are missing that?
You have never been so WRONG.
If it were to todays Republicans I should have been deported and not given a chance.
Republicans have no interest in blue collar small busines, zerro nada, they are big busines, lower their taxes even more, subsi them even more.
Under todays Republicans, past Clinton, the middle class small businesses have carried this country, under 250.000 income, and have taken a beating of over 10% in income, the so called Bush Tax Brakes never reached us, not even close.
Opposit the above 250 were able to infringe on markets of the below 250, because they had more money left over on April 15.
During the Bush area my business had to fend of 2 frenshises that came in town and they had the support of my Republican local Goverment, it is not just me, but the story of any of the local small busines.
Republicans used to be very good for real small busines, used to be, but today no, they are the worst enemy, because they absolutely do not care, opposit big business, trickle down and other BS.
Under the Republican Goverment of Bush, small busines, the heart of the economy was ruined.
The biggest challenge in the future, rebuilt that foundation, thats what Democrats are trying to do.
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:01 PM
Old Skool
J.Douglas's Avatar
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
You have never been so WRONG.
If it were to todays Republicans I should have been deported and not given a chance.

Republicans have no interest in blue collar small busines, zerro nada, they are big busines, lower their taxes even more, subsi them even more.
I haven't read your post but should have you been deported ?

If the Republican's are so bad why is all the moving to Texas going on ?
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Last edited by J.Douglas; Feb 02, 2013 at 09:35 PM. Reason: p
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:10 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Douglas View Post
I haven't read your post but should have you been deported ?

If the Republican's are so bad why is all the moving to Texas going on ?
As I have stated here plenty of times I came as an elegal imigrant.
I was given a chance and amnesty for being elegal under Ronald Reagan, the last Republican.
By todays standard I would be deported, if caught.
But the last Republican gave me a chance and with me the many employees I had over a 30 years time period.
Ronald Reagan was the last Republican President who understood blue colar, he was the man.

Texa got OIL, do not forget the Dakotas, or the end of the World were I live, Montana, Utah etc.

Take a look at what I linked today, the english Spiegel.

This is a energy driven world and were you find the sources of energy the jobs go.
The industrial land/ nation with the cheapest energy will make it in the future.
Its already showing in the US, BASF or Audi are moving very energie depending production into the US.
Read, get informed, the information ist out there, if you want it.

But most of the right wingers here do not want it, they are set and will be left behind.
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:26 AM
All under control, Grommit!
leccyflyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
As I have stated here plenty of times I came as an elegal imigrant.
I was given a chance and amnesty for being elegal under Ronald Reagan, the last Republican.
By todays standard I would be deported, if caught.
But the last Republican gave me a chance and with me the many employees I had over a 30 years time period.
Ronald Reagan was the last Republican President who understood blue colar, he was the man.

Texa got OIL, do not forget the Dakotas, or the end of the World were I live, Montana, Utah etc.

Take a look at what I linked today, the english Spiegel.

This is a energy driven world and were you find the sources of energy the jobs go.
The industrial land/ nation with the cheapest energy will make it in the future.
Its already showing in the US, BASF or Audi are moving very energie depending production into the US.

Read, get informed, the information ist out there, if you want it.

But most of the right wingers here do not want it, they are set and will be left behind.
Yep, heard that on the radio just the other day. The US energy providers were quoting costs of a few eurocents per Kwh, prompting fears that some manufacturing would move from Germany to the USA. Meanwhile Germany, having closed down her nuclear power plants after Fukishima was burning dirty old lignite in the east, and importing power from Poland.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:43 PM
Native American
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
You have never been so WRONG.
If it were to todays Republicans I should have been deported and not given a chance.
Republicans have no interest in blue collar small busines, zerro nada, they are big busines, lower their taxes even more, subsi them even more.
Under todays Republicans, past Clinton, the middle class small businesses have carried this country, under 250.000 income, and have taken a beating of over 10% in income, the so called Bush Tax Brakes never reached us, not even close.
Opposit the above 250 were able to infringe on markets of the below 250, because they had more money left over on April 15.
During the Bush area my business had to fend of 2 frenshises that came in town and they had the support of my Republican local Goverment, it is not just me, but the story of any of the local small busines.
Republicans used to be very good for real small busines, used to be, but today no, they are the worst enemy, because they absolutely do not care, opposit big business, trickle down and other BS.
Under the Republican Goverment of Bush, small busines, the heart of the economy was ruined.
The biggest challenge in the future, rebuilt that foundation, thats what Democrats are trying to do.
My bad, I assumed you were here legally. I still wish you well.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:57 PM
Circles in Lift
bwanajim's Avatar
Redmond, Washington, USA
Joined Oct 2004
425 Posts
Look, Schrott, I'm sure you're a very nice person. But as far as I'm concerned, if you overstayed your US visa, you violated our laws and should have been deported. I don't care whether you've added value to our economy or that you've built a successful company or how many people you employ. All of that is irrelevant. You broke the law and, at a minimum, you should have been expelled. What are we left with when we no longer live by our own laws?

I'm not against immigration. My father was an immigrant. He married my mother, who was an American nurse, so I would never have been born had he not come to the US. I know what he went thorough to come to this country. There was a lot of paperwork, waiting, interviews, procedures to follow and, because he was a physician, even restrictions on where he could practice. When he came in the 1950s, each state had quotas for foreign medical graduates. You had to choose a state that had open slots. He followed the rules and achieved his own American dream.

My Dad and many others went through a lot of trouble to enter the US legally. Then, once he was here, he went through a lot more trouble to legally become a US citizen. For people like you to come here illegally and be allowed to stay, despite having broken our laws is a travesty of justice and grossly unfair to the many people who have done the right thing and made the effort to immigrate in the legal and proper way. That the paperwork is difficult or that the waiting periods are long is irrelevant. None of that gives you the right to flout our laws. As an American, I doubt that I would be allowed to stay in Germany if I were to overstay my Schengen visa. I would be given a stiff fine and deported on the next flight home.

What makes it even worse is to see your posts here on LTUP reflecting the arrogant and presumptuous view that you somehow had the right to be here illegally and that those who would enforce our laws are somehow unjust. You criticize our culture and way of life here in the United States all the time in your posts. If this is such a lousy place, then why did you come here in the first place? If you think Europe is so much better than here, then why not just go back to Germany? This country has clearly given you a lot in life. And it's been more than generous by not deporting or incarcerating you for breaking its laws. Get with the program, man. Embrace America, her people, her way of life and culture. Be thankful for what this country has given you. Otherwise, feel free to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
As I have stated here plenty of times I came as an elegal imigrant.
I was given a chance and amnesty for being elegal under Ronald Reagan, the last Republican.
By todays standard I would be deported, if caught.
bwanajim is offline Find More Posts by bwanajim
Last edited by bwanajim; Feb 03, 2013 at 01:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:29 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
Look, Schrott, I'm sure you're a very nice person. But as far as I'm concerned, if you overstayed your US visa, you violated our laws and should have been deported. I don't care whether you've added value to our economy or that you've built a successful company or how many people you employ. You broke the law and, at a minimum, you should have been expelled.

I'm not against immigration. My father was an immigrant. He married my mother, who was an American nurse, so I would never have been born had he not come to the US. I know what he went thorough to come to this country. There was a lot of paperwork, waiting, interviews, procedures to follow and, because he was a physician, even restrictions on where he could practice. When he came in the 1950s, each state had quotas for foreign medical graduates. You had to choose a state that had open slots. He followed the rules and achieved his own American dream.

My Dad and many others went through a lot of trouble to enter the US legally. Then, once he was here, he went through a lot more trouble to legally become a US citizen. For people like you to come here illegally and be allowed to stay, despite having broken our laws is a travesty of justice and grossly unfair to the many people who have done the right thing and made the effort to immigrate in the legal and proper way. That the paperwork is difficult or that the waiting periods are long is irrelevant. None of that gives you the right to flout our laws. As an American, I doubt that I would be allowed to stay in Germany if I were to overstay my Schengen visa. I would be given a stiff fine and deported on the next flight home.

What makes it even worse is to see your posts here on LTUP criticizing our culture and way of life here in the United States. If this is such a lousy place, then why did you come here in the first place? If you think Europe is so much better than here, then why not just go back to Germany? This country has clearly given you a lot in life. And it's been more than generous by not deporting or incarcerating you for breaking its laws. Get with the program, man. Embrace America, her people, her way of life and culture. Otherwise, feel free to leave.
Since I am now legal, living here, pay my tax and so on and so on, I take the right to point out were I think you fine fellows from the right are wrong.
It is as usual a sign of your fine understanding of the constitution and democracy, that you tell the ones whose point of view you do not like to leave the country.
If I would think Europe is so much better I would live over there and not here.
Yes the US has given me a lot, more than any other country could have given me and because of it I have seen to it that I did not waste this possibility and the trust put into me.
Embracing does not exclude critical thinking, or leave your brain at the door step, if I would have done that, I would have failed a long time ago.

Let me point out, the possibilities this Country gives its people are very unique and special and it does not matter who you are, natural born, emigrant, leagl or eleagal, none of us has the right to squander, waste or throw away those possibilities, that is actualy a real crime.

Which Program shall I go on with, Fox News, Rush, Republican Party, Tea Party, Libertarian ?

I like the Democrat Program and I am going on with that.
Sorry Man
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:42 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
My bad, I assumed you were here legally. I still wish you well.
I am legal, thanks to Ronald Reagan, but since my legalisation included amnesty, I do not mind to point out the fact how I started.
Because we have 11 Million or so elegal of whom millions have made a succes out of them self and are contributing to this country, even serve in the military and because of my live story and own expieriance, what could they realy provide, if allowed to come out of the shadow.
You have no idea what a releave it is to be able to finally leave the shadow world of elegality and what drive that creates, just being able to walk tall and with pride, pretty awesome stuff.
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:46 PM
Circles in Lift
bwanajim's Avatar
Redmond, Washington, USA
Joined Oct 2004
425 Posts
None of that changes the fact that you came here illegally in the first place. The simple fact is that you broke the law. That you were not punished for it is a testament to the benevolence and forbearance of the American people. By all rights, you should have been deported.

But we allowed you to stay and now you've done the right thing and achieved legal status. I'm glad it worked out for you. Now that you are here illegally, whether you've become a citizen or have a green card, you have the right to say whatever you want. I see you arguing here on LTUP that somehow people should be allowed to enter this country illegally and the justification, at least in your case, is that you are adding value to the economy or that somehow you have a human right to be here. That is incorrect. People may enter this country at our pleasure and according to our laws, not on the basis of any human right.

I have no problem with you being here as long as you are here legally and you abide by the law - the law that is on the books today, not the law that you wish existed or that you feel should exist because you feel you have some human right to be here. That is all that I or anyone can ask. I am perfectly happy that you were allowed to stay because it was a result of legislation that was passed by Congress. There's nothing wrong with that. You criticize conservatives for their views on immigration when all they ask is that people simply abide by the law. The success and opportunity you have experienced in this country would not be possible without a respect for the law.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
Since I am now legal, living here, pay my tax and so on and so on, I take the right to point out were I think you fine fellows from the right are wrong.
It is as usual a sign of your fine understanding of the constitution and democracy, that you tell the ones whose point of view you do not like to leave the country.
If I would think Europe is so much better I would live over there and not here.
Yes the US has given me a lot, more than any other country could have given me and because of it I have seen to it that I did not waste this possibility and the trust put into me.
Embracing does not exclude critical thinking, or leave your brain at the door step, if I would have done that, I would have failed a long time ago.

Let me point out, the possibilities this Country gives its people are very unique and special and it does not matter who you are, natural born, emigrant, leagl or eleagal, none of us has the right to squander, waste or throw away those possibilities, that is actualy a real crime.

Which Program shall I go on with, Fox News, Rush, Republican Party, Tea Party, Libertarian ?

I like the Democrat Program and I am going on with that.
Sorry Man
bwanajim is offline Find More Posts by bwanajim
Last edited by bwanajim; Feb 03, 2013 at 02:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:53 PM
Circles in Lift
bwanajim's Avatar
Redmond, Washington, USA
Joined Oct 2004
425 Posts
For the last time, the fact that a person has become successful or that they are contributing is not an excuse for violating the law. An illegal immigrant who is living in the shadows has brought that upon himself.

We love legal immigrants in this country. The country was built by immigrants. But they must come here legally. That is all we ask. How do you think my father and other law-abiding people like him would feel, having spent years of their lives in complying with United States immigration law, when you just came in illegally and then were granted amnesty? Do you consider that fair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
I am legal, thanks to Ronald Reagan, but since my legalisation included amnesty, I do not mind to point out the fact how I started.
Because we have 11 Million or so elegal of whom millions have made a succes out of them self and are contributing to this country, even serve in the military and because of my live story and own expieriance, what could they realy provide, if allowed to come out of the shadow.
You have no idea what a releave it is to be able to finally leave the shadow world of elegality and what drive that creates, just being able to walk tall and with pride, pretty awesome stuff.
bwanajim is offline Find More Posts by bwanajim
Last edited by bwanajim; Feb 03, 2013 at 02:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:00 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Yep, heard that on the radio just the other day. The US energy providers were quoting costs of a few eurocents per Kwh, prompting fears that some manufacturing would move from Germany to the USA. Meanwhile Germany, having closed down her nuclear power plants after Fukishima was burning dirty old lignite in the east, and importing power from Poland.
Germany has not jet shut down all of its nukes, that is a long term plan, that they will be phased out and rplaced by other energy sources, renewables and natural gas powered plants.
The cost is prohibiting, they basicly have to rebuilt the electric infrastruktur. For example the Windparks that are built in the North Sea will need a complet knew infrastructur to connect them with the population and industrial centers in the South, than in order to store over capacity from those parks, they have contracted Scandinavien Countries to use their Hydros, over capacity pumps water in a higher elevation lake, undercapacity uses the hydro power, but the infrastructur for that has to be built..
In Europe countries have always been trading e-power, its a commodity, last summer Germany had an overproduction from Solar, it was sold to the highest bitter in Europe.

Audi bought a carbon fiber plant in Washington State and is revamping it for its own needs, will probably be the largest carbon fiber plant in the world when they are done, the reason for that location cheap energy.
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:12 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
For the last time, the fact that a person has become successful or that they are contributing is not an excuse for violating the law. An illegal immigrant who is living in the shadows has brought that upon himself.

We love legal immigrants in this country. The country was built by immigrants. But they must come here legally. That is all we ask. How do you think my father and other law-abiding people like him would feel, having spent years of their lives in complying with United States immigration law, when you just came in illegally and then were granted amnesty? Do you consider that fair?
You see, the beauty of this country, I can say I disagree, I would call that the most important part of democracy, any democracy.

I respect your view, I disagree.

Fair, that is a dumm word, live aint fair, you have to grab any oportunity there is.
If FAIR shows up in the fine print of your birth certificat, I might change my mind.
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:10 PM
Circles in Lift
bwanajim's Avatar
Redmond, Washington, USA
Joined Oct 2004
425 Posts
Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion.

As I understand it, your opinion is that people have a right to enter and live in the United States, in violation of the law. And rather than being deported or punished for that violation, they should be offered a path to residency or citizenship because they have a right to stay.

Just so we're clear, is that an accurate representation of your opinion in this matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
You see, the beauty of this country, I can say I disagree, I would call that the most important part of democracy, any democracy.

I respect your view, I disagree.

Fair, that is a dumm word, live aint fair, you have to grab any oportunity there is.
If FAIR shows up in the fine print of your birth certificat, I might change my mind.
bwanajim is offline Find More Posts by bwanajim
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Obama has the economy on track RumRunner_1492 Life, The Universe, and Politics 26 Jan 30, 2013 03:11 PM
Discussion Obama has U.S. economy in 'death spiral' BE77 Pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 92 Aug 09, 2011 03:16 PM
Discussion Nice picture of Obama jumpstarting the economy with debt. Bilbobaker Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Feb 04, 2010 01:14 PM
Discussion Obama: It's My Economy? Fine. Give It To Me. Gman2 Life, The Universe, and Politics 60 Nov 02, 2009 04:03 PM
Discussion Obama Will Destroy America's Economy... Paul Ryan Can Save It Highflight Life, The Universe, and Politics 18 Jun 25, 2008 11:03 AM