SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:40 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifly504 View Post
I have a ladybird, and a 929 already. The v202 flies very nice. It's no ladybird (although very similar), but I think that's more a function of the TX than the quad itself. Me likey very much.....
I didn't think it would topple the LB, but you're observation is similar to James' (who only got to fly it briefly due to the extreme cold). It's a good point you make about whether it's the controller that makes it fly so well or the RX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakk View Post
Mine arrived today, everything in excellent condition. Thanks MO, the charger was loose with the radio but everything taped down was AOK. I would try to wrap the radio in newspaper or bubble wrap and secure it so it doesn't bounce around in the box just as a bit of improvement for shipping but not a complaint, just fyi. Took me a bit to figure out the startup proceedure but once that was completed and the calibration process done on a level surface it flies great. It's pretty busy in a smaller area but in larger spaces it's right at home. I run 8 packs through it now and get about 8 min flight time. Rudder response/speed is quite slow compared to the MQX and the QR1 but not a big deal. I haven't ran on 80% yet so that may be much better there, I run 60% in my garage and that is perfect for that area (26x26)
Can't wait to get it outside but it's snowing here at the moment so that will have to wait.

All in all though very pleased, thank you MO...
Thanks for the feedback Jakk. We had to rush to get these all out ASAP and packing these aren't as easy as the retail Mini Pets, so we're learning. We also didn't have to carry much packing supplies as the Mini Pet didn't need any. Bubble wrap will be on the supplies list and thankfully the smaller boxes are on their way from USPS. Eventually we'd like to get the quad inserts made for us vs having to make each one.

I fly at 80% rates inside and out when I'm not flipping, but I'm just at home flying at 40-60 as well.

If you call could try the 25C batteries in your other quads and let us know how you like them we'd appreciate it. We have 300 on order now that we know they're good.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Sep 2010
74 Posts
I ran one of the 25c packs in a QR1, they fit very nice in the battery bay and with a few punch tests and cruising oval and figure 8s as fast as I'm comfortable with I got 7 1/2 minutes. In the V202 they give slightly more run time than the 15c so for the dollar at this point seem like a good value.

I did try 80% rates and the rudder speed picked up a bunch so no issue there...
Jakk is offline Find More Posts by Jakk
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
394 Posts
I opened mine today, pretty cool MO charging packs now and put away my free gift I am keeping the wrapper, just for coolness. the quad was loose on top with tape on each leg , no damage so it is all good. the radio is pretty darn neat! I found the gimbles and battery in the radio battery compartment .... Well wish me luck... I should do fine, I fly my Syma X1 real good
Smoothcruizer3 is offline Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
Out of curiosity which battery would be the replacement for the v202 I scanned the thread but couldn't find it. Placed my order was just curious for the future.

Also, has anyone posted a funnel vid yet ?
vermifax is offline Find More Posts by vermifax
Last edited by vermifax; Dec 29, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:21 PM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
394 Posts
wow this little guy is smooth with the stock transmitter... got one flight indoor and one outdoor. 40% was fun indoor. It gets sensitive when the downdraft bounces off the wall and brushes it. I still can manage it. Battery got a little warm and the motors a hair more but normal i guess. Outside I got carried away with a oops 20% then realize it needs at least 80 rate with the gusty winds to bring it back.... Overall! I will be having more fun with this than any indoor plane/heli in my hanger
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Sep 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermifax View Post
Out of curiosity which batter would be the replacement for the v202 I scanned the thread but couldn't find it. Placed my order was just curious for the future.

HJ997 is the battery number I ordered, they are 300mah 25c
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,450 Posts
Quote:
I ran one of the 25c packs in a QR1, they fit very nice in the battery bay and with a few punch tests and cruising oval and figure 8s as fast as I'm comfortable with I got 7 1/2 minutes. In the V202 they give slightly more run time than the 15c so for the dollar at this point seem like a good value.

I did try 80% rates and the rudder speed picked up a bunch so no issue there...
Thanks for the report...........how do you like the V202 compared to the QR1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothcruizer3 View Post
I opened mine today, pretty cool MO charging packs now and put away my free gift I am keeping the wrapper, just for coolness. the quad was loose on top with tape on each leg , no damage so it is all good. the radio is pretty darn neat! I found the gimbles and battery in the radio battery compartment .... Well wish me luck... I should do fine, I fly my Syma X1 real good
So the quad came away from the cardboard inside? We may have to start getting wire ties or use packing tape instead of scotch tape to keep her planted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermifax View Post
Out of curiosity which batter would be the replacement for the v202 I scanned the thread but couldn't find it. Placed my order was just curious for the future.

We didn't get extra V202 batteries as we didn't know how good they were going to be. We're ordering 300 now that we know they're good. You can use the Mini Pet batteries, which still perform decently. We also have a custom battery in the works, which hopefully will be better than all the other stock batteries, but we won't know if it's as good as the Turnigy's until we get our samples.

Quote:
wow this little guy is smooth with the stock transmitter... got one flight indoor and one outdoor. 40% was fun indoor. It gets sensitive when the downdraft bounces off the wall and brushes it. I still can manage it. Battery got a little warm and the motors a hair more but normal i guess. Outside I got carried away with a oops 20% then realize it needs at least 80 rate with the gusty winds to bring it back.... Overall! I will be having more fun with this than any indoor plane/heli in my hanger
The quad fits your namesake doesn't it? I think this transmitter has really stepped up the game for stock units. Even when using the default stalks, it's smooth (I use longer stalks on mine).

Quote:
HJ997 is the battery number I ordered, they are 300mah 25c
Jakk, the HJ997 batteries share the same part number as the 25C V202's but they aren't 25C, only 15C. I'll update our catalogue on the Mini Pet batteries so there won't be any confusion in the future. When we do get the 25C batteries in stock, they'll probably be priced the same as the Turnigys we carry (next batch is on its way) as these are little more expensive.

On that note, international shipping of lipos may be going through another lockdown, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks to you first adopters. It's really important that all of these orders arrive unharmed with the new packaging. If you had the choice, would you prefer the retail packaging? The price of the quad would probably increase $5 and we would have to go back to priority medium flat rate, which is $10.85. As it stands now I'm seeing an average of ~$5-7 for weighted priority shipping.

I'd love to get a funnel vid, just been so busy and need more open space to safely attempt them. Now I've only been able to get it to do a tight funnel once or twice, but I've been able to get it to do loose ascending and descending funnels pretty easily now.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:36 PM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
394 Posts
[QUOTE=MassiveOverkill

So the quad came away from the cardboard inside? We may have to start getting wire ties or use packing tape instead of scotch tape to keep her planted.

The quad fits your namesake doesn't it? I think this transmitter has really stepped up the game for stock units. Even when using the default stalks, it's smooth (I use longer stalks on mine) --- end quote

I fly mostly scale warbirds Very Smooth like my call sign and this little guy is what I was after. The retail box is eye candy, I like these boxes more.... my wife presumes I just got more parts for repairs hint... haha Wire ties would do good .
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Sep 2010
74 Posts
"Thanks for the report...........how do you like the V202 compared to the QR1?"

In all fairness I need more stick time with the 202, I have a lot of flight time with the QR1 so I'm very comfortable with it but so far I like the 202. I want to get it outside and wring it out a bit and see how it compares to the MQX, the QR is really good outdoors especially in some wind but it's so small I have to keep it in sight to keep orientation. I'm sure from the limited time I"ve had with the 202 that it will be very good outdoors.

MO the 2 extra batteries you sent me are 25c so I thought maybe you upgraded from the 15c's
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,450 Posts
Quote:
I fly mostly scale warbirds Very Smooth like my call sign and this little guy is what I was after. The retail box is eye candy, I like these boxes more.... my wife presumes I just got more parts for repairs hint... haha Wire ties would do good .
Ordered a roll of cut-to-fit wire tie and bubble wrap

Quote:
"Thanks for the report...........how do you like the V202 compared to the QR1?"

In all fairness I need more stick time with the 202, I have a lot of flight time with the QR1 so I'm very comfortable with it but so far I like the 202. I want to get it outside and wring it out a bit and see how it compares to the MQX, the QR is really good outdoors especially in some wind but it's so small I have to keep it in sight to keep orientation. I'm sure from the limited time I"ve had with the 202 that it will be very good outdoors.

MO the 2 extra batteries you sent me are 25c so I thought maybe you upgraded from the 15c's
For once a mistake has turned out in the customer's favor. You should have recieved 2 stock 25C batteries and then 2 Mini Pet batteries. If all 4 were 25C enjoy your free upgrade (now off to go check the lipo bins!!)
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:18 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
For those who havenít ordered from MassiveRC Store yet, I've a little something to share;

Ordered placed last night at 7:10PM PST (Mind you, this was Friday night so I really didn't expect it to be processed until Monday.)

Received "Package in transit" Email by 6:07AM PST today. (<12hr) Very Impressive!

That kind of service will do nothing but create more business for you guys, myself included. I already deeply regret getting to anxious by not waiting for you, and pulling the trigger with BG the day before Xmas. It was a foolish move. Instead of waiting somewhere between 3-6 weeks, I could be enjoying the V202 like the rest of you. With that said, I'll be sure to need some back-up's when money allows.

Excellent service my man, been a pleasure doing business with you even though it was just a small order.

Take care,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,450 Posts
Thanks Pat. Since the Post Office is so close it's no biggie to run down and drop off orders before they close at noon, so anything coming in late Friday will go out Saturday and if it comes in early enough on Saturday, we still may be able to get it out.

We still would like to set up something with Banggood to act as their US warehouse or service center, so if you guys would still like to see this, contact Aaron and let him know. Banggood really does try to do good service, but shipping is always a PITA via China Post.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:12 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
You guys are gonna become quadcopter central in the USA. Does the Banggood comment mean that you would also sell the mini quads too? I know the 808 cams are coming and you mentioned boats (which makes sense considering where you live). In a years time you may have more business than you can handle.

By the way, how do we contact Aaron?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Last edited by variantman; Dec 29, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Sep 2010
74 Posts
"For once a mistake has turned out in the customer's favor. You should have recieved 2 stock 25C batteries and then 2 Mini Pet batteries. If all 4 were 25C enjoy your free upgrade (now off to go check the lipo bins!!)[/QUOTE]"

You are right, my mistake. For some reason I thought the extras were the upgraded battery, sorry for the confusion. They both work fine so all is good.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
You guys are gonna become quadcopter central in the USA. Does the Banggood comment mean that you would also sell the mini quads too? I know the 808 cams are coming and you mentioned boats (which makes sense considering where you live). In a years time you may have more business than you can handle.

By the way, how do we contact Aaron?
Anything RC related that could be tested (no kits), and no adult toys

You can contact Aaron here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/priva...epost=23638561
Site Sponsor