Old Dec 06, 2014, 12:19 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Oh, Dear.....

Thanks guys for confirming what comes with the "NEW" BLUE and WHITE MM in as far as ESC.

I am disappointed to find out that HOBBICO still insists on supplying this fine model with NON-PROGRAMMABLE ESC.

Oh...well, I will pass!
So what would you intend on programming with the ESC if it was programmable? Just motor braking?

My gray MM's 50-amp Hobby King ESC is setup with motor braking by default. Never did care for this as the model lands at a faster speed with the braking on. I never got around to altering this setting so I just keep the throttle on about 20% to avoid the motor braking. I just can't comprehend that not having this programming ability would be a deal-breaker unless it was a glider of sorts. Surely you want to program something else with the ESC, but what would you program?

I am giving this ESC a chance to prove to itself as it's constructed differently than in the red models. I want to like it... it's got a 3-amp switch mode BEC within.
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Last edited by phoam; Dec 06, 2014 at 12:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2014, 01:35 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,299 Posts
Pleased to report that the new model flew superbly through five 1800s this morning. Even without motor braking

If somebody claimed that the Millennium Master is the best foamie sport flyer, I would never argue with 'em.
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old Dec 07, 2014, 08:18 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoam View Post

If somebody claimed that the Millennium Master is the best foamie sport flyer, I would never argue with 'em.
Amen! Easily my favorite plane this size. And I sometimes think my favorite plane - period.
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc