HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:35 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
This is a Micro JHeli Forum so I am curious why flight reports on planks and quads?

Cut the grass at my flying filed this morning and flew 4 flights with my Blade 130 X while I was there which brings it up to 90 flights total.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:27 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
yeh sorry, I thought some ppl might get offended by my and other's posts that are strictly non heli.
I think it's mostly because we haunt the micro heli forums mostly still, and because my V911 and Solo Pro needs a new motor and LiPos, and my CB100 needs new blades and a good tune-up to get rid of vibrations.

I do miss flying my helis, but I have to buck-up and order parts to get them flying again.

It's up to Elan I guess.....

Happy Flying!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:37 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,378 Posts
Quads seem to be helish to me. Planks.....I like those too

Anyway, flew my mQx and mCPx today. I like to fly over between the trees to my neighbors yard, do a few orbits and fly back. I have a power line that supplies my house and sometimes I fly under/over it. Today, I was heading back out to my yard and my mCPx flew right into the power line my gear seperated, tail seperated, swash links popped off. WOW no damage but my poor heli went several directions Probably could not hit that wire if I aimed for it

Hope everyone is getting some air
ewoodcox is online now Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:26 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
Two different V911's good flight, V929 quad very nice flyer. 99588 slid all over place and ended flight still in one piece. U 816 not that good a fight. I think gyro wasn't quite right. I have had that problem with V929 if gyro isn't right. Rebind and make sure its level.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:28 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
Flew some more today and broke flybar on S/P 270..bumer. My 260A has been sitting and got it going pretty good. Then flew T-Rex 100X. Both have sat for awhile as both little quick in small area but have been flying more and decided its time for them. Getting good until got careless with 270A and hit something hard to break flybar. Of course all USA vendors are out of stock and had to order from Hobbyking. Now wait weeks for parts. Downside of flying different helis are lack of easy access to parts. Plus two brand new turnigy nano tech 160ma batteries are doa before used. I know they are cheap but its not first time this has happened with H/K batteries.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:27 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
7 batteries on the v929 at a local park, vids coming soon
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:11 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
@dankar04 : I recommend putting an MSR flybar on your 9958. It helps remove the sliding.

I flew 3x 9958, 2x V911, a MSR, and 4x MSRX today. The first six flights were in a fairly small outdoor area protected by trees. I flew in the morning when there wasn't much wind though my V911s couldn't keep up with my 9958s at all. The last four flights on my MSRXs were at noon in a wide-open soccer field. These little rockets just don't care about the wind at all (okay, it wasn't that strong, but there were some good gusts) and I had a blast shooting them up and down the length of the field. I'm getting better at picking out their orientation at range. The shiny reflective canopy helps.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:59 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
Roboheli
Tell me more about MSR flybar for 9958. You have my interest. In a bigger area than I normally fly the 9958 on hi-rates is nice flyer and no problem. In small area 9958 just hard to correct in time of that sliding. I fly my V911's on hi-rates in my area/ 270A the same. T-Rex 100X is binded to V911 TX on low reats. 260A low-rates on stock S/P TX. Quads V929's I fly at 60% rates. U 816 on mode 1 which is low rates. 9958 is only one I have trouble with. Even my V100D01 FBL/brushless bird handle small area better. I have two 9958 and one is down with defective tail motor, other near new.

Anyway does MRS flybar fit 9958? Without making it fit.Thanks,Dan
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:39 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,793 Posts

After months of inactivity on the Un-Official Micro-Flyers Video Challenge thread, I think the time has come to create a new challenge thread, including revised rules, more challenge categories, and fresh new concepts. So I have created the new Micro Flyers Great and Small Video Challenge thread to cater for all of the micro flying audience by adding 5 new challenge categories.

All of the challenge categories are as follows:
  • Helis (IN BLUE)
  • Helis 3D (IN LIGHT BLUE)
  • Quads (IN GREEN)
  • Quads 3D (IN DARK GREEN)
  • Planes (IN RED)
  • Planes 3D (IN ORANGE)
  • FPV also including the use of "key chain cams" and other micro recording devices (IN PURPLE)

Additionally I have added a Hall of Fame where you can compete to get your name on the podium in your respective flying class for the ultimate bragging rights.

valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:17 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Roboheli
Tell me more about MSR flybar for 9958.
Certainly. Come back to the 9958 forums and check out my response. (CLICK THIS LINK HERE PLZ!!!) That way we don't trouble the rest of the folks here with too much 9958-specific chatter.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:58 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
Quads seem to be helish to me. Planks.....I like those too ... Hope everyone is getting some air
-Agreed. Anyway, just got back from vaca and flew a pack on the MRS. I wasn't able to bring a heli with me. I was missing it!
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Last edited by elan; Aug 29, 2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: clarity
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:00 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstadam2k View Post
Hello my name is bill and i'm an addict i have run 6 packs today thru my v911 NEEEEDS more batteries.
:-)
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Aug 2012
380 Posts
Yep just ran 6 150ma indoors on my v911 i need a bigger heli i can fly in the wind i'm sticking with fixed pitch for a while though.
firstadam2k is online now Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:05 PM
key
Joined Feb 2007
253 Posts
Got my Walkera 120 in the mail today. Charged the battery, put new ones in the RX, and it flew great right off the bat. Crazy stable for such a little heli, reminds me a lot of the Trex 450 I used to have.

I'm afraid it's a little too easy to fly though, I'll probably get too confident and stake it into the ground
key is offline Find More Posts by key
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:18 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,793 Posts
I did indeed fly today

I busted out my mCX2 S300, although I was actually working on giving her a small makeover (so no flashing lights), but I had to pull it out of the work shop early to complete a heli challenge

The Bounty Micro Flyers Great and Small Video Challenge (0 min 50 sec)
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX