HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:12 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Which Amazon vendor has genuine S107 Parts??

About to place an order for some spare parts for my nephew and wanted to know if there are some Amazon vendors who sell the genuine S107 parts??

Thanks

ken
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Jan 2012
107 Posts
I have to say this about real vs fake s107's
I have two s107's and the fake one fly's greatly better than the genuine one.
kyles974 is offline Find More Posts by kyles974
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:11 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
@Ken, try Superstition Hobbies.

@Kyles, of all the S107s I have come across, I haven't seen a fake that flies "greatly" better than the genuine one. I'd like to hear more from you in what respect that you've observed that.

I do think that even clones and fakes fly pretty good out of the box. In some small ways, I even think that they have improved over the genuine ones, like really having 3 bands, more flexible skids, and some have reversed polarity on the tail motor, etc.

But my main concern for the fake S107 is SUPPORT: When you break something, could you confidently find a matching fake part to fix your helicopter, or do you toss it, just because that there are these small differences between the real and the fake ones?

I know I could get real parts and fix a genuine S107, because I do serve a community that flies S107s, and I have not seen one S107 gone to the bin because I couldn't source a part to fix it. But if someone brings in a fake S107, I really don't know if I could fix it. Certain components are interchangeable, but some are not. What do you do then?
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 28, 2012, 02:20 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Meritline 2 for $39 S107

Got the order today.
Well packed. They obviously used the white plastic shipping bag...BUT they were smart enough to tape the two boxes together (face to face) so the helis didn't get damaged. Kicker is...I like to keep the boxes in good condition and the tape they used peeled right off with no damage to the boxes.
The boxes are mint
They look genuine and no I will not be taking them out of their boxes since they are gifts. So, off to gift wrap them now.
I do have one question. Notice the Sky Master sticker on the upper right of the box. What's that about? Is it just a distributor sticker? I have never seen this on Symas.
Jim

Edit, I notice that this does not say it has a gyro. How do I know if these have a gyro?
Says S107 (no G) on the box. Did I get non gyro versions?
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Last edited by Stamp; Jan 28, 2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 04:02 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
you can see the little metal rectangle standing on end by peeking in at the pcb. may be difficult w/o taking them out of the box. idk.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Jan 28, 2012, 04:07 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Syma's never made an s107 without gyro I believe.
XDRoX is offline Find More Posts by XDRoX
Old Jan 28, 2012, 04:13 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
Syma's never made an s107 without gyro I believe.
the first one i ever saw was my friends that had no gyro. it was some time ago and i dont think they were clones back then.

ps i just checked and, in his unopened one he just received, with help from an led flashlight, we can just make out the little gyro standing up next to the charge plug.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Jan 28, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
I do have one question. Notice the Sky Master sticker on the upper right of the box. What's that about? Is it just a distributor sticker? I have never seen this on Symas.
Jim

Edit, I notice that this does not say it has a gyro. How do I know if these have a gyro?
Says S107 (no G) on the box. Did I get non gyro versions?
Jim, I commented on the SkyMaster sticker on the box when I did my Meritline order review. It was the 1st time I ever saw that sticker. I'm not sure what that was about. It wasn't part of the printed box, just a sticker on it.

As for the gyro, every S107 G or no-G, has a gyro. You could see it w/o taking it out of the box, if you know what you're looking for. It stands up towards the front of the R5 board. In the picture below, it is that shinny thing just in front of the forward motor pinion.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:22 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Aw geeze... It looks like even Estes may be re-branding 107's now.

Re: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBMMU&P=0
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Jan 28, 2012, 06:55 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Ok thanks fellas.
Looks like a yes on the gyro.
May be ordering some more of these gems...this time for myself!
Jim
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:22 PM
arizona
Joined Sep 2010
794 Posts
So I have been reading this forum since I got my "real" syma s107g a few weeks ago. I know this is a forum for the S107, but I really want to add another syma to my hobby and would like some feedback on your other favorite syma helicopters.
ryan93civic is offline Find More Posts by ryan93civic
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:27 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
My opinion:
I like the scale appearance and flying of the Mini chinook.
It is truly a great piece of engineering.
BTW...don't waste your time with the Big Chinook.
Jim
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan93civic View Post
So I have been reading this forum since I got my "real" syma s107g a few weeks ago. I know this is a forum for the S107, but I really want to add another syma to my hobby and would like some feedback on your other favorite syma helicopters.
In general, I would recommend any SYMA that is the same size of the S107, meaning, S105, S108, S109, S111, and even S026 (small Chinook). They are simply brilliant. But I would not recommend any SYMA that is larger than the S107. So, stay away from S031, S032, and S033. You've been warned.

For the "cute" factor, you could get the S110G. It doesn't fly as good as the S107, but that thing is just cute as a button - has to have it! I got one.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:05 PM
arizona
Joined Sep 2010
794 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I think I want either the S026g or the S102g. Or one of the new 2012 S107g colors (green or white) Too many choices Lol.
ryan93civic is offline Find More Posts by ryan93civic
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:20 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post

For the "cute" factor, you could get the S110G. It doesn't fly as good as the S107, but that thing is just cute as a button - has to have it! I got one.
They sure are cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan93civic View Post
Thanks for the replies. I think I want either the S026g or the S102g. Or one of the new 2012 S107g colors (green or white) Too many choices Lol.
The S026G is great to fly and much better (IMO) than the S102G although I have the S102G as well

scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft