Old Feb 02, 2016, 09:51 AM
Find More Posts by Spazztl
Germany, BY, Nord
Joined Feb 2016
181 Posts
Discussion
Fix my nano cpx again..or buy xk k100?

As the title says. I have been reading alot in the forum about the Xk100 and the xk k110.
I'm just wondering if I should just order the rtf k100 for inside and the k110 for outdoors or put more cash into my nano..I already put enough repair into the nano that I could of probably got the 300cfx for the repcost ^^
And now I bent the spindle and broke the tail practicing backward figure 8s.. I just don't know if I want to invest anymore in the price for parts.
I'm asking all you heli commanders what would you do in this situation?
Spazztl is offline Find More Posts by Spazztl
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2016, 07:18 PM
Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
2,845 Posts
With all due respect.....the Nano is imo Best in Class....in its size....the other helis you mention are recently new with unknown problems....lower quality.....and you probably have to wait several weeks for spares. I would stick with the Nano....doubling up with the purchase of a Nano CPS, BNF......time on a sim would help too....cheers!
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Feb 03, 2016, 03:29 AM
Find More Posts by Heli Cop
Joined Jan 2016
10 Posts
The K100 is perfect for Indoor flights. It's very durable ans spare parts are cheap. I'd go for it.
Heli Cop is online now Find More Posts by Heli Cop
Old Feb 03, 2016, 05:32 AM
Germany, BY, Nord
Joined Feb 2016
181 Posts
+1 on the sim..ive come a long way learning on it . ive been using the nano now for over a year for indoor practice .
Actually i had the cps..nothing but problems :-( .I did find a spare tail and a spindle is on the way..but i have the feeling that im going to need a whole new bird. I might just get the xk100 to test , the price is down to 70euros rtf version and has newer hardware/software. In Germany i get the parts through the netherlands. 3-4 day delivery tops . but as ChespiIker said The xk series are recently new with unknown problems", But the nano is also coming along in its years ^^
idk . . . .
Old Feb 03, 2016, 01:07 PM
Find More Posts by salrica
easycrash
United States, NC, Knightdale
Joined Mar 2011
456 Posts
If you are doing backwards figure 8 seems that you know what you are doing.
I don't own any blade heli, but seems that with your experience you will want to grow to more challenge.
The k110 gives you a stable flight on 6g and a challenge on 3g, heli feels locked in in both modes.
Indoor flyer and not crazy power as hcp100s.
Even on 3g will give you an stable locked in experience.
You can get parts from the States, 4-5 days to your door
salrica is offline Find More Posts by salrica
Old Feb 03, 2016, 02:36 PM
Germany, BY, Nord
Joined Feb 2016
181 Posts
I still have the dumb thumbs on the fig 8s. They look more like squiggle 8s ^^ but I'm getting there. I think my nano is dead, but that thing took a beating and served me well I must say. I got a deal for the k100 for 72 with free shipping from the Netherlands. I'm curious about the difference between the helis. I could always get another nano;-)
Old Feb 04, 2016, 05:51 AM
Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
2,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazztl View Post
I still have the dumb thumbs on the fig 8s. They look more like squiggle 8s ^^ but I'm getting there. I think my nano is dead, but that thing took a beating and served me well I must say. I got a deal for the k100 for €72 with free shipping from the Netherlands. I'm curious about the difference between the helis. I could always get another nano;-)
The best decision is the one you make.... A lot of fun in buying a new heli when one of the reasons is to compare it with one you have or once had. I am going to visit Banggood.com and read the information on the xk 100, 110, 120....plus the buyer comments on them...good luck with your new heli...
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Feb 04, 2016, 05:59 AM
Germany, BY, Nord
Joined Feb 2016
181 Posts
Thanks Chespilker, from what I've read so far the xk series are great helis. The only problem I've seen so far are the servos on the k120. But I think xk are working on a solution.
Old Feb 04, 2016, 06:29 AM
Germany, BY, Nord
Joined Feb 2016
181 Posts
BTW, nano is flying again but I think the pitch servo is going out on me.
I got my xk heli from Gearbest, their prices are lower. Here's the link
GearBest.com just give "xk helicopter" in the search.
Last edited by Spazztl; Feb 04, 2016 at 08:30 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2016, 01:23 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,868 Posts
Nano CP-X CPS are fine birds. If tired of fixing it then change is good.
Mini c/p with bl kit performs nicely and bigger then Nano. I know cost out weighs cost of brand names. All my Minis flying two plus years with them cost me two servos/ canopy pin. One servo was elevator other was pitch. The one mini was used and got it in trade with bad servo.
My Nano CP-X's one servo. Now #1 needs one also.
I have no idea about heli you bought. Good luck it.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 06, 2016, 09:14 AM
Germany, BY, Nord
Joined Feb 2016
181 Posts
The xk k100 and the xk k110 both fly really nice, but just my luck the TX stopped working..
Old Feb 09, 2016, 12:13 AM
Find More Posts by ggebert
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2013
10 Posts
+1 sim. Stick with nano. Excellent design and good service from horizon. And the growth potential through the blade lineup is super. I've done mini cp, hisky, and others. Except for my obsession with the master cp's I'm sticking with blade.
ggebert is offline Find More Posts by ggebert
Old Feb 09, 2016, 03:03 PM
Germany, BY, Nord
Joined Feb 2016
181 Posts
So the pitch servo on the nano went bye-bye, so just to try something different I got the futaba t6j transmitter for 60€. It has 15 model mem and a timer :-) The manual is very straightforward and took me less than 30min to program it for the xk x100. Binding was super easy and I must say that I am super impressed with the x100. I fly in 3axis mode and this bird is super steady..since the cpx is discontinued I think I might stick with this heli for indoor training. It depends if Xk innovations are here to stay, or just a passing company.
@ggebert, I started out with blade helis. The msr-x. Then the mcpx 1&2. Nano cpx. (2x)130x, 180cfx, 230s and the nano qx fpv :-). If it wasn't for blade I probably would of given up. It's just the price for parts I find are just too high. These other companies are bringing out great quality micros, and are reading these forums to see where weaknesses are in their products and correcting from the input from users in these forums :-) If blade really brings out a 150cfx I'm in :-D
Last edited by Spazztl; Feb 09, 2016 at 05:34 PM.