HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2005, 09:07 AM
Wattflyer Community *********
Joined May 2005
123 Posts
Rocky Mountain Electric Flyers

Hello all E-Flyers! I wanted to post here to inform electric flyers about a club in the metro Denver, Colorado area that is all Electric. The "Rocky Mountain Electric Flyers" have been flying together for over 3 years, received their AMA club sanction (AMA 4525) in March 2004 and have about 50 dedicated E-Flyers. The club has a flying site in northwest Denver (Arvada, Colorado) loaned to us by the landowner and are looking for a permanent site. We started out with the typical GWS stuff but now most have brushless/LiPo/outrunner power, planes range from souped up "Stiks" to Hotliners, 3D, E-Gliders, Helis, Sport/Scale and Ducted Fans. In addition to our members, flyers from other clubs who want to try E-Power join us from time to time. There is no field charge and anyone with an AMA license is welcome to fly. We also train new pilots (without AMA) on the club trainers donated by local hobby shops.
On July 30th, 2005, RMEF will be hosting our first "Fun Fly" at the Arvada Associated Airpark. Arvada Associated Modelers have been kind enough to loan us their field for this one-day event. I would like to invite Electric Flyers from all over AMA District 9 (or anywhere else) to mark this event on their calendar and attend if you can. Events include Speed 400 LMR Glider, E-Heli Pad Hop, Limbo and GWS "Stik" Precision Flight. This event is also posted on the "Events" forum of "Electric" . Links for info, maps and entry details at <www.rmeflyers.org>, <http://www.amadistrict-ix.org> or email <rmefrbe@aol.com>. Thanks to RC Groups for providing this forum and remember...WE Are The Future!! Sky Sharkster
Sky Sharkster is offline Find More Posts by Sky Sharkster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2005, 10:44 AM
Pine, Colorado
Joined Oct 2003
239 Posts
Do you know of any electric fliers down in the SW Denver area?
jridge is offline Find More Posts by jridge
Old Jun 18, 2005, 08:39 PM
Wattflyer Community *********
Joined May 2005
123 Posts
E-Fliers in SW Denver

Hi jridge, sorry I took so long to answer, I forgot to check this forum. Anyway, we have two fliers in our club that live in your area, one near SW Plaza and the other near County line and Lamar. I'd rather not post their names here but if you contact me directly I'll put you in touch. They may want to do some flying near home with you, as you know our club field is in Arvada. Also you could check with Ryan at R/C hobbies (just south of county line and Holly), tell'em I sent you, he knows most of the flyers in the SW area and even though Chatfield and Cherry Creek are mostly glow they have some E-flyers too. Ron <rmefrbe@aol.com
Sky Sharkster is offline Find More Posts by Sky Sharkster
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:18 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Good morning gentlemen:

My name is Henry, I normally fly out of orlando, Fl. I am headed to Denver Colorado next week 7-21-07 and an avid electric flyer. Would love to meet up with some people in Denver to fly with as well. This sounds like what I'm looking for when I get to Co. Thanks.
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old May 19, 2012, 06:22 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,732 Posts
Greetings good people!

I just found this news article today citing an incident between a large JET aircraft and an alleged RC Flying model.

It was supposed to be Denver area so, I am pretty sure it was not in your area, however, just wanted to pass this along in case anyone of you know someone in the affected area.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1655166
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2012, 06:33 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,732 Posts
Un-identified object flying in front of JET!

Okay, it seems like the object was at 8,000 feet when the JET reported the incident:

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=268287
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member