SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:06 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,309 Posts
Discussion
mini e-revo brushed vs latrax teton.....

Hey all, I am looking to get another mini. I currently have a mini lst2, and a mini e-revo vxl. This new one will be fore the wife and/or kids to drive....

Looking for opinions, hopefully from someone who has driven both, but I will listen to anyone....

So here is the deal... The e-revo brushed is $75 more ($225 vs $150) and I know its a better truck, but how good a truck is the Teton? Like, could the Teton hang with the e-revo if the e-revo were in "training mode", 50% power?

I am not worried about speed, I know the e-revo is faster.... it borders on uncontrollable... I am more worried about handling....

Mostly they will be driven at the park, both on the baseball diamond, and on grass. We will also take them camping, so lots of dirt there....

My e-revo does great in the grass, how does the Teton do? I have never had an issue with dirt with me e-revo, what about the Teton? I read the spur is coverd, but not sealed, is dirt an issue?

what about high centering, does the Teton get stuck a lot?

Just trying to decide if its worth the extra $75 to get the brushed e-revo...

Edit, see post 7, I ended up finding a great deal on a mini summit... so I get the advantage of parts avalabilit and interchangeability with my mini revo, as well as brushless, for just barley more than I was going to pay for the brushed mini revo....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Last edited by dacaur; Nov 01, 2014 at 07:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2014, 09:07 AM
RCP Me!
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Nov 2007
1,863 Posts
I'd go a completely different route and get 2 of these

http://www.nitrorcx.com/25c132-14-soar-buggy-green.html

They get excellent reviews and are just as capable as the mini Revo.
fastmax is offline Find More Posts by fastmax
Old Oct 04, 2014, 01:20 AM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,309 Posts
Decided to got a completely different direction.... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ruck_RTR_.html

Will be ordering one next month, or when them come in stock.... looks SWEET.....
Old Oct 24, 2014, 01:32 AM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,309 Posts
Thinking about just getting a used mini revo vxl instead of the mini nitro circus..... advantages would be interchangeable batteries, and compatible and available spares.... Downside is cost, probably $75 or so more.... probably worth it...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 06:09 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2014
791 Posts
mini Erevo is the way to go.. just for parts availability alone.. why wait for a month to get a part when most LHS will have what you need instore.. funny this guy advises all these products but never seams to be on the track with anything.hm ..pathetic.
I race a use almost everything I advice people to buy or use .. I dont sit behind a keyboard and fantasize i actually run it..whats that internet word .begins with a L and ends with E .. has AM in between..
ElectricMann is offline Find More Posts by ElectricMann
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 24, 2014, 08:48 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricMann View Post
mini Erevo is the way to go.. just for parts availability alone.. why wait for a month to get a part when most LHS will have what you need instore.. funny this guy advises all these products but never seams to be on the track with anything.hm ..pathetic.
I race a use almost everything I advice people to buy or use .. I dont sit behind a keyboard and fantasize i actually run it..whats that internet word .begins with a L and ends with E .. has AM in between..
Usually when you start with insults these are aimed at me, but in this case you must mean someone else, as I rarely suggest to get HobbyKing cars. Most need way too much modding to be somewhat reliable, and parts support is weak, not very uncommon to wait for months before parts are in stock again. And even then you can find yourself missing out, because there were so many backorders still needing to be filled, so the new stock was already depleted before your order could be filled as well.

In my opinion HobbyKing is nice for cheap batteries, and other parts like ESC and motors.

The MERV is a nice option, and will have much better parts support. Or the cars that Max suggested, which are not only available as buggy, but also as Desert Truck, SCT, Monster Truck, and soon as Truggy as well, featuring 1/10 scale buggy tires. Tacon/Batan/LC is way above HobbyKing as for quality.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Nov 01, 2014, 07:15 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,309 Posts
Well, got my second car to bash with my mini e-revo vxl.... Found a mini summit vxl I got, I think, an amazing deal.... The guy had the mini summit, with RPM arms all around, a DX3C transmitter, with spektrum receiver in the truck (good because I use spektrum), and aluminum upgrade servo saver, two 1300mah 3 cell lipos, two 2000mah 2 cell lipos, an imax b6 charger, and a brushless jet drive boat (NQD).... oh and it had a spektrum waterproof RX in the boat... all for $250..... I had to drive an hour to pick it up, but totally worth it... Apparently the guy had been hurt this summer and his brother dropped this stuff off for him to play with while laid up.... now he wanted to get rid of it.... score!

I thought I was going to have to put some money into it to get it going, as it had some upgrade cvd's and one was broken, and the tranny sounded terrible, but there was a spare traxxass driveshaft in the box, and the tranny problem was just a motor mesh issue... Dumped the water thin oil out of the shocks and put 70wt oil in all 4, and it was running.....

after playing with it a bit, I think I might just upgrade my mini e-revo to a mini summit... this thing is way better in the grass than the revo.... in fact it will wheely in the grass on a 2 cell lipo.... the revo will wheely on road, but not in the grass....

I think all I need are wheels/tires, long travel rockers, and a new pinion right?