HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2011, 02:43 AM
What goes up must come down
South Africa, EC, Port Elizabeth
Joined Aug 2009
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Tompkins View Post
im using windows 7... it doesnt seem to have a program called movie maker. any idea what i should do? i just dont want the youtube vid to take ages to load...
I youre case you need to look on the internet for some Video compressor software. I am sure that you will find many freeware on Google. I use "Tempeg" but unfortunatly it is not free.
You can try this link

http://www.google.co.za/#hl=en&sourc...64b625a05e5f95

Good luck
Markus
aimrah2000 is offline Find More Posts by aimrah2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2011, 04:41 AM
Joined Mar 2011
47 Posts
thanks for the help... i will try this in the future! for now, here is the better quality vid!

Mig 7 slope soaring (6 min 7 sec)

it doesnt actually take long to load... enjoy! and comment!
Brian Tompkins is offline Find More Posts by Brian Tompkins
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:54 AM
Registered Loon
South Africa, WC, Knysna
Joined May 2006
1,321 Posts
damn now thats proper lift
Blackrat is offline Find More Posts by Blackrat
Old Apr 05, 2011, 07:18 AM
Stirring the pot
Port Elizabeth South Africa
Joined Jun 2008
4,023 Posts
Were exactly are you flying Brian?
Brat is right....
You could fly a brick there!
Looking good!
johannlochner is offline Find More Posts by johannlochner
Old Apr 05, 2011, 11:01 AM
Joined Mar 2011
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannlochner View Post
Were exactly are you flying Brian?
Brat is right....
You could fly a brick there!
Looking good!
yeah, its RIDICULOUS! along Boyes Drive there is a little spot where you pull off and walk up along a footpath for about 1.5kms. from there, you can either fly from the path, or you can hike up the side of the slope (thats where i stood) and fly from there. the top rounds off, so you can glide the plane in for landing below the lift zone. very convenient, as its pretty hard to slow down and bring these damn things to a stop!
Old Apr 05, 2011, 11:45 AM
Joined Nov 2008
56 Posts
Video editor

Quote:
im using windows 7... it doesnt seem to have a program called movie maker. any idea what i should do? i just dont want the youtube vid to take ages to load...
Hi guys
For all the people who need a movie maker, you can download windows live for windows 7 it also includes a movie maker as well. Its free. Just unselect all the spam thats included with the install, windows messenger, picture viewer, live mail etc.
modelerpe is offline Find More Posts by modelerpe
Old Apr 05, 2011, 12:47 PM
Joined Aug 2009
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrat View Post
damn now thats proper lift
I am with Blackrat thatís fantastic lift! It looks like you had the sky for your self. Are there many other guys flying there? Imagine a whole squadron of Migís tearing up the sky.
Your Mig flyís and looks great. Well done.
How about some flying stills for our Mig Blog? http://correxmig.blogspot.com/
Again, well done Brian.
Markus
Old Apr 05, 2011, 01:03 PM
Joined Mar 2011
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimrah2000 View Post
I am with Blackrat thatís fantastic lift! It looks like you had the sky for your self. Are there many other guys flying there? Imagine a whole squadron of Migís tearing up the sky.
Your Mig flyís and looks great. Well done.
How about some flying stills for our Mig Blog? http://correxmig.blogspot.com/
Again, well done Brian.
Markus
thanks! i was so surprised at how easily it flies! ill add a rudder to my next one to try make things a bit more technical and interesting. and yes, i had the whole place to myself! ive only ever seen one other guy there, and a buddy of mine who comes with me every now and again... I NEED SOME COMPANY! come join me! the lift is insane.
how do i take still shots from a vid? i have some separate stills if you like... should i upload them here? email?
Old Apr 05, 2011, 02:04 PM
Joined Aug 2009
464 Posts
Quote:
thanks! i was so surprised at how easily it flies! ill add a rudder to my next one to try make things a bit more technical and interesting. and yes, i had the whole place to myself! ive only ever seen one other guy there, and a buddy of mine who comes with me every now and again... I NEED SOME COMPANY! come join me! the lift is insane.
how do i take still shots from a vid? i have some separate stills if you like... should i upload them here? email?
correxmig7@gmail.com
Old Apr 05, 2011, 02:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
464 Posts
Quote:
Try this from Modelerpe. It might work for you-- Hi guys
For all the people who need a movie maker, you can download windows live for windows 7 it also includes a movie maker as well. Its free. Just unselect all the spam thats included with the install, windows messenger, picture viewer, live mail etc.--

Regarding uploading pics. You can upload here on the RCG forum and on our Mig blog --http://correxmig.blogspot.com/ :
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:05 PM
Registered Loon
South Africa, WC, Knysna
Joined May 2006
1,321 Posts
brian , send us co-ords of where you are flying please , wanna have a gawk
Blackrat is offline Find More Posts by Blackrat
Old Apr 07, 2011, 03:07 AM
Joined Mar 2011
47 Posts
went yesterday again... totally forgot to check the co-ords. was teaching my younger brother to fly my old bee. try google earth, the spot is between the colourful beach huts at St. James, and Kalk Bay harbour. ill try point it out on a google map. we walk along a path called the "Ou Kraal" trail.

heres another video of my mig. filming is a bit better, too. check it out!
Mig 7 slope soaring day 2 (3 min 36 sec)
Old Apr 07, 2011, 05:55 PM
Born again modeller
United Kingdom, England, Durham
Joined Mar 2009
125 Posts
Brian, that is awsome.
I would give my left nut to fly in lift like that, but wouldn't give you a penny for them rocks behind you.
The speed she picks up in dive means you must have ballast on board. What does she weigh?
The Mig looks great and you are also a damn good jockey.
Simon
simon16 is offline Find More Posts by simon16
Old Apr 08, 2011, 12:45 AM
Joined Aug 2009
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon16 View Post
Brian, that is awsome.
I would give my left nut to fly in lift like that, but wouldn't give you a penny for them rocks behind you.
The speed she picks up in dive means you must have ballast on board. What does she weigh?
The Mig looks great and you are also a damn good jockey.
Simon
You definitely need some flying buddies to do some come combat Nice video, landing needs some work
Old Apr 08, 2011, 01:39 AM
Joined Mar 2011
47 Posts
haha yes! landing needs some practice... its a treacherous area! as for the weight, it doesnt have any ballast, but i have a feeling shes running slightly nose heavy even though i balanced it perfectly along the CG. roughly weighs somewhere between 900g and a kg.