SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 07, 2014, 04:18 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
9,197 Posts
Discussion
Dec. 7th 1941

Let us not forget what happened ...
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2014, 06:19 PM
RcBoater
Joined Feb 2014
252 Posts
12/741

I was 5 years old when it happened and remember it well, Where I lived then on every Wednesday evening at the courthouse, movies were shown and nearly the whole town showed up. We saw at the grade school one day, a 2 man submarine and looked like a coffin. Times were tough then with rations and little money. I served in 59 in Korea.
Dennis Manning is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Manning
Old Dec 07, 2014, 08:50 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
9,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Manning View Post
I was 5 years old when it happened and remember it well, Where I lived then on every Wednesday evening at the courthouse, movies were shown and nearly the whole town showed up.I served in 59 in Korea.

Thank You for your service Sir.
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Dec 07, 2014, 09:17 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,623 Posts
I was 2 and obviously don't remember but I do remember black out shades, air raid drills and my father going out at night checking for lights from peoples windows. I served in the Strategiic Air Command in the 60's which made sure no other lunatics would try something like that again. "Peace Is Our Profession."
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Dec 07, 2014, 11:27 PM
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,372 Posts
Never forget.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Dec 08, 2014, 07:45 AM
Joined Sep 2006
918 Posts
Thanks to all who served, I think to many people choose to forget nowdays.
hazegry is offline Find More Posts by hazegry
Old Dec 08, 2014, 11:27 AM
boat butcher
Whittier CA.
Joined Oct 2009
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazegry View Post
Thanks to all who served, I think to many people choose to forget nowdays.
+1.

Mark
the goon is offline Find More Posts by the goon
Old Dec 08, 2014, 02:20 PM
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Jan 2012
1,591 Posts
I was born 3 months later . I don't remember , EXCEPT I was fortunate to have "real teachers ,teaching real history " ie My fourth grade teacher survived after her ship was sunk in the North Atlantic. Funny, I don't recall any lessons about being sympathetic/empathetic to some group that were trying to kill us . That was on the South side of Tucson in the 50s . We also carried pocket knives in school . Anyone know what "Mumbly peg is ?? You don't want to know the version we played on the playground.
I was NOT a history genius ,but remember all my history teachers ( the meaning and reasons and the kind of people in our past and present .) and I thank GOD for those that gave their lives so I could live as I do .
T.
PS : I still carry a pocket knife to this day ,and never stabbed anyone .
oldbilgewater is offline Find More Posts by oldbilgewater
Old Dec 09, 2014, 09:09 AM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbilgewater View Post
I was born 3 months later . I don't remember , EXCEPT I was fortunate to have "real teachers ,teaching real history " ie My fourth grade teacher survived after her ship was sunk in the North Atlantic. Funny, I don't recall any lessons about being sympathetic/empathetic to some group that were trying to kill us . That was on the South side of Tucson in the 50s . We also carried pocket knives in school . Anyone know what "Mumbly peg is ?? You don't want to know the version we played on the playground.
I was NOT a history genius ,but remember all my history teachers ( the meaning and reasons and the kind of people in our past and present .) and I thank GOD for those that gave their lives so I could live as I do .
T.
PS : I still carry a pocket knife to this day ,and never stabbed anyone .
We played mumbly peg with our survival knives in Nam after a few #25s but then we did drive Huey's for a living My father served from Jan 41 utill late 45 then served in Korea and V.N. later on for a total of 27 years.
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Last edited by charlie eaton; Dec 09, 2014 at 09:15 AM.