HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:55 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,472 Posts
Ben,

Oh, yeah, the Vapor did all sorts of, shall we say, "uncommanded aerobatic manuevers" - most of which were not possible for the poor thing to do on command. But it's so light that it didn't get hurt very much. I was mostly worried about it getting run-over before I could rescue it from the middle of the street!

I learned a lesson that day. Sure, given that I've got over 100,000 miles of motorcycle-riding under my belt, I am intimately aware of the strong draft that cars create at highway speeds. But for some reason, I didn't think about the fact that even at 10-20 MPH, the turbulence & draft they create is pretty much hurricane/tornado-level for the little Vapor. Even at WOT, it didn't have a chance of pulling itself out of that draft.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:45 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2013
29 Posts
I have seen 1 other clip like it before but they were flying a parkzone se5a.
I will post the link later when I find it again.

It's called "parkzone se5a dashcam" language warning too!
yeti.stealth is offline Find More Posts by yeti.stealth
Last edited by yeti.stealth; Dec 16, 2014 at 12:53 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 05:02 AM
United States, NY, Rocky Point
Joined Feb 2010
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100MPG View Post
so I am not going to be happy if it was not canceled.
Not happy.
I ordered from Apex RC Products in the first link you provided and they did not respond to my cancellation request. They just shipped it. Last product I buy from them.
100MPG is online now Find More Posts by 100MPG
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:38 AM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,199 Posts
Before leaving feedback I would sent them a message and see if they will pay for the return and send you the one that you are willing to buy.

A lot of vendors on eBay respond to orders a lot faster than messages for obvious reasons...sometimes putting the horse before the cart.
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
Old Dec 17, 2014, 01:26 PM
RCG Hover King
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
764 Posts
Deleted- wrong thread!
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Hover King Title
Old Dec 17, 2014, 07:01 PM
Joined Feb 2010
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK View Post
Before leaving feedback I would sent them a message and see if they will pay for the return and send you the one that you are willing to buy.

A lot of vendors on eBay respond to orders a lot faster than messages for obvious reasons...sometimes putting the horse before the cart.
they are already here....but they dont work. I am getting a connection break message from my charger with both plugs. What are the red and black wires for? no where to plug them in!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 07:17 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,199 Posts
Black and red goes to your charger. That is the source. The other white connector on the cable is for the balance port on your charger. Of course the remaining connector goes to your battery.

Basically the cable breaks out the balancing part of your pack as UMX connectors don't have a balance connector per se. If you use an elite charger for UMX they charge and balance through the same connector.
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
Old Dec 17, 2014, 07:58 PM
Joined Feb 2010
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK View Post
Black and red goes to your charger. That is the source. The other white connector on the cable is for the balance port on your charger. Of course the remaining connector goes to your battery.

Basically the cable breaks out the balancing part of your pack as UMX connectors don't have a balance connector per se. If you use an elite charger for UMX they charge and balance through the same connector.
Thanks! Only time I used a charger with the balance plugs was for the super cub. just plugged in the white and it charged.
Anyway, the battery is so low, it would not start a charge. I had to switch to nicad to get some juice into it! It is charging now.
thanks again, I get to make the maiden tomorrow or asap!
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM
micro- modding madman
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
316 Posts
I got to try the sticks on the Pitts today- and WOW! It exceeded all of my expectations. A nice little plane.
Julezwatts is online now Find More Posts by Julezwatts