HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2014, 11:30 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Man View Post
I may be able to stop there this weekend. My concern is that they might not have what I need in stock. If I need to wait for shipping, I might as well bypass them and order it from Asia.
Something you may or may not know that I thought I'd share... you only need to pay shipping if you want/need delivery to your house. If you have a local GH and the stock you need is available at a different branch or the warehouse (aka "online"), you can have them cross ship it to your local store for free... I do it all the time.

As for USPS once again accepting lipo shipments, if that's now the case then it's news to me. I actually have a gripe about that whole business on my RCG blog.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2014, 11:47 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
As for USPS once again accepting lipo shipments, if that's now the case then it's news to me. I actually have a gripe about that whole business on my RCG blog.
Maybe they didn't know they were transporting LiPos. I have just checked my order history with MotionRC. I can assure you that 2 separate orders of LiPo batteries were shipped by USPS and were delivered to my door by Canada Post. Those from HobbyKing US warehouse came by Purolator ground.

You are lucky to have a Great Hobbies in Edmonton. I once wanted a battery charger and the only one in Canada was in the Edmonton store. I phoned them and they said they would not relinquish their stock to an online sale. I had to buy it from them directly and they would ship it to me in Calgary (for a price).
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Oct 03, 2014, 12:21 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Maybe they didn't know they were transporting LiPos. I have just checked my order history with MotionRC. I can assure you that 2 separate orders of LiPo batteries were shipped by USPS and were delivered to my door by Canada Post. Those from HobbyKing US warehouse came by Purolator ground.

You are lucky to have a Great Hobbies in Edmonton. I once wanted a battery charger and the only one in Canada was in the Edmonton store. I phoned them and they said they would not relinquish their stock to an online sale. I had to buy it from them directly and they would ship it to me in Calgary (for a price).
Yeah, they'll release an item from one store to another, or online stock to a store (for eventual local pickup) via cross shipment at no charge... but not from a store to an online sale that gets delivered to your door and actually involves a shipping charge.

Yes, I'm lucky to have a GH here... I have never paid any shipping charges on anything, it's always been a local sale, even if it's not technically "local" (cross shipped... either from another store or "online" stock which is the warehouse). Or it's been an order from one of their distrubutors which is one their dime for shipping.

I seem to remeber a small period in time where they wouldn't do the free cross ship, but they do now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2014, 07:38 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
I have another one now, had forgotten about it as it was some minor items ordered on May 25th. Tracked at Post Malaysia on June 19th as sent abroad. Well, dead end for a couple of months 'till it suddenly appeared here - Oct 7th..... Probably missed the flight and got a tour on a slowboat instead...
:-P
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Oct 07, 2014, 11:26 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,989 Posts
Flight? I don't think Malaysian Post knows what an airplane looks like. To keep their costs down after they struck the deal with HobbyKing, they had to wait till they filled the hold on that leased fishing boat before letting them leave the docks.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:34 AM
cambridge nz
Joined Oct 2008
149 Posts
Been waiting three months for an order from HK . now they are doing a two month investigation , what an excellent service I'm so happy with them YEH LIKE #$%K . I DON'T USE hobby king ANYMORE.
electronutter is offline Find More Posts by electronutter
Old Oct 10, 2014, 04:09 PM
United States, NY, East Farmingdale
Joined Dec 2013
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronutter View Post
Been waiting three months for an order from HK . now they are doing a two month investigation , what an excellent service I'm so happy with them YEH LIKE #$%K . I DON'T USE hobby king ANYMORE.
PM me the details of the order and I'll make it right for you as best as I can.

Rob

HK CS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2014, 08:01 PM
Scale flyer
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jul 2013
159 Posts
I made an order from hobby king in late may and my order was shipped via Malaysia post. It arrived in the U.S. in less than two weeks but then it got held up in customs somewhere in New Jersey. I received my order last week after nearly five months of waiting. At this point I think the problem is more the U.S. customs than anything else.
daddyrabbit1234 is offline Find More Posts by daddyrabbit1234
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:41 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC View Post
PM me the details of the order and I'll make it right for you as best as I can.

Rob

HK CS NY
Now, I'm impressed! I've never been down on HobbyKing, just Malaysian Post and HK's decision to use them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrabbit1234 View Post
I made an order from hobby king in late may and my order was shipped via Malaysia post. It arrived in the U.S. in less than two weeks but then it got held up in customs somewhere in New Jersey. I received my order last week after nearly five months of waiting. At this point I think the problem is more the U.S. customs than anything else.
That's really weird. In Canada, customs here is generally really good about expediting shipments. In my case, it was most definitely M. Post.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 07:24 AM
Unregistered User
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
511 Posts
I just received a parcel today that I'd long forgotten about.
It was shipped on 6 July and it is now 10 November.
That's just over 4 months. Incredible. Even a kayak from Hong Kong to Europe is faster.

Another thing: I can't check the HobbyKing site because I almost always get these errors:
Error 524
A timeout occurred

I don't know if everybody's getting those errors or if it's got something to do with the Great Firewall of China. Especially after I got blocked from the product discussions/reviews after I noticed comments of others were being removed and remarked that HK is practicing their own version of Chinese democracy in the discussions.
cmanley_nl is online now Find More Posts by cmanley_nl
Old Nov 10, 2014, 03:49 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanley_nl View Post
I just received a parcel today that I'd long forgotten about.
It was shipped on 6 July and it is now 10 November.
That's just over 4 months. Incredible. Even a kayak from Hong Kong to Europe is faster.

Another thing: I can't check the HobbyKing site because I almost always get these errors:
Error 524
A timeout occurred

I don't know if everybody's getting those errors or if it's got something to do with the Great Firewall of China. Especially after I got blocked from the product discussions/reviews after I noticed comments of others were being removed and remarked that HK is practicing their own version of Chinese democracy in the discussions.
It's weird. I often get these from my home network (which works well on all other sites), but never on my work network. I think they're using a service to distribute/monitor their connections/content, judging by the footer at the bottom of the error screens.

My guess is that these errors are logged but that nobody at HK is paying attention to the logs.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Nov 12, 2014, 03:08 PM
United States, MI
Joined May 2011
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronutter View Post
The same thing happened to me. I have been waiting for 3 batteries since Aug 8th, finally after 96 days of waiting they asked me how I would like my refund, Bonus points or paypal refund. They told me that Bonus points were the same a cash but could not be used for shipping cost so I picked paypal as the refund method. So today comes and they decided to send the refund as Bonus points anyways causing me to spend more money just to get my order sent back out. At least if there going to just do what they want anyways, they could of at least gave me a few extra points for this big headache that this order caused me.
Jerm357 is offline Find More Posts by Jerm357
Old Nov 12, 2014, 08:18 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,574 Posts
In case people still posting here don't know about this...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139842
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2014, 06:08 AM
Joined Mar 2010
27 Posts
Another delay...

Hello, I'm also a frequent HK customer.
I have over 130 orders placed and received.

We all know that in Brazil it's really hard to get parcels delivered in time due to customs... so usual time is around 1 month to receive from Asia.

But I can also claim about HK customer support, as I also have a parcel that was not received after 4 months !

Today I contacted HK Support and they asked me to wait additional 30 days... can you imagine such a delay in package delivery?

Checking the response from HK in this treat and also their website, I saw the HK had issues with Malaysia company and gods had being all delayed.

But this is a problem for HK, customers should not be waiting for what they had paid for.
HK should refund customers or just re-send gods by other company.

I really could not believe in such a company that can not solve delivery issues with their customer in a short time.

BE AWARE DOING BUSINESS WITH HOBBY KING

If you need support, this is the kind of reply you will get!
I really suggest you to search for another seller.
Even ebay can solve issues faster than HK !!!!

Just for reference:
My HK order is: #2009712583
Tracking is: RC009936213MY
Kasuhico is offline Find More Posts by Kasuhico