HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2014, 02:30 PM
SCSA - Nick Wu
China, Guangdong, Guangzhou
Joined Apr 2009
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboulder View Post
Hi Nick - my first gen Stella is still NIB waiting its turn.

Is it possible to use the one piece pod/boom on v1? I would like to make this as easy as possible to build.

Thx and still a loyal follower!

Chuck
Yes, it can, you need to cut the front carbon rod, and do another front hard point for the screws. that's all.
nickbox is offline Find More Posts by nickbox
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2014, 02:58 PM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2013
3,151 Posts
I had to take out two servos but I will get the RX in back. I used JR 188's @6 g.. what servo did you use nick? I should be able to take my tail weight off but I will be 10 grams heavier than nick.

Nicks servo install looks so neat...

Whistle could be coming from the front wing faring?
elkski is offline Find More Posts by elkski
Old Nov 29, 2014, 02:57 AM
SCSA - Nick Wu
Joined Apr 2009
922 Posts
D47*3, works ok but not as good as the 188 I think.
Old Dec 02, 2014, 10:03 AM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2013
3,151 Posts
Finally had a day to fly my stella after moving the RX back. I think I am at a CG near 70 but I can now go smaller just by moving the battery away from the front servo.. I had to take out two servos to move the wires and get the RX behind them. I was able to loose my 1.5 g tail lead but the battery extender ate that up and added some so AUW is 134g. vs 133. Nick how do you guys build so light? I used the 188's what servo did you use?
I now call this my Blue Whistler. I wish I could put the btoa in it.. I know it is 1 M but it sure looks like it goes 55 meters. In cruise( at least as fast as I run my CX2) it signals and actually climbs well in lift. If anyone is at the park watching you take out this little toy airplane out of the car they know its no toy once it hits cruise speed and it gone across the sky.
When I go to thermal mode and circle I need to put very much up elevator on it. IT can turn on a dime. for larger slow more level turns I miss a rudder. I sure would love to travel to a one design Stella contest!!
I had a thought that this Stella could even handle a Toby toss.
elkski is offline Find More Posts by elkski
Old Dec 02, 2014, 10:24 AM
Mickey from Orlando. Really.
Joined Nov 2004
3,563 Posts
Mine's all done with a couple flights on it.
133g with rudder.
Alex Hewson Curved peg.
D47's, D4R-II Rx, 250mah 1S lipo.
mnowell129 is offline Find More Posts by mnowell129
Old Dec 02, 2014, 10:49 AM
SCSA - Nick Wu
Joined Apr 2009
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkski View Post
Finally had a day to fly my stella after moving the RX back. I think I am at a CG near 70 but I can now go smaller just by moving the battery away from the front servo.. I had to take out two servos to move the wires and get the RX behind them. I was able to loose my 1.5 g tail lead but the battery extender ate that up and added some so AUW is 134g. vs 133. Nick how do you guys build so light? I used the 188's what servo did you use?
I now call this my Blue Whistler. I wish I could put the btoa in it.. I know it is 1 M but it sure looks like it goes 55 meters. In cruise( at least as fast as I run my CX2) it signals and actually climbs well in lift. If anyone is at the park watching you take out this little toy airplane out of the car they know its no toy once it hits cruise speed and it gone across the sky.
When I go to thermal mode and circle I need to put very much up elevator on it. IT can turn on a dime. for larger slow more level turns I miss a rudder. I sure would love to travel to a one design Stella contest!!
I had a thought that this Stella could even handle a Toby toss.
I used 3*d47 to get the 120g AUW. and I use nylon wing blots.

I will try a 160mah batt which 4.3g for try and should be perfect to put in the nose.

Great that you love it, I do like 1m contest, it make me feel more fair in my poor launch these days.

And just give Toby a try buddy.
Old Dec 02, 2014, 10:52 AM
SCSA - Nick Wu
Joined Apr 2009
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnowell129 View Post
Mine's all done with a couple flights on it.
133g with rudder.
Alex Hewson Curved peg.
D47's, D4R-II Rx, 250mah 1S lipo.
good choice for a curved peg. it need no patch on the tip.

give it a hard shoot.
Old Dec 03, 2014, 07:40 PM
United States, AL, Opelika
Joined Nov 2014
2 Posts
Looking forward to flying mine!
Seb1 is online now Find More Posts by Seb1