SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Fly2High, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:43 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Discussion
Official 2015 USA F3K Team Thread

Just forming the next thread for the 2015 Team Selection process. Now that the 2012 Team Selection is done, the 2014 Team Selection will commence.

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:47 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,712 Posts
Cool Frank
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:12 PM
Reno Nevada
Joined Oct 2007
2,648 Posts
When do we have to re-submit the next team entry fee for the next round?
Thermaln2 is online now Find More Posts by Thermaln2
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:59 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
I would suspect 1 month before the contest for the contest to be listed as a qualifier.

I think the previous rules were that you had to be paid up with AMA prior to the first qualifier you wish to have the possibility to count, should you place to gain points.

If I recall correctly.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:13 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaln2 View Post
When do we have to re-submit the next team entry fee for the next round?
You can do it at the contest, if you are talking about trying for the team cheers
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:08 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,452 Posts
I finally spent time and updated the http://www.f3k.us/ web-site with some new and hopefully more readable and attractive content. The web-site will contain the information and results of both the USA team Selection Program and the USA F3K Tour. I still have to create the results tables and post them there.

Contest directors, please send me information about the upcoming events. I created a couple entries there for the closest upcoming events, and some placeholders for the results of some recent events. I will need your help with the Events section of the web-site.

For now mainly you have a single place for looking up the rules of USA Team Selection program and USA F3K Tour. Stay tuned for updates and links with results, etc.

Send your comments to me or post them here. Any typos, broken links, etc.
olgol is online now Find More Posts by olgol
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DLG assembly service
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:24 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,856 Posts
Nice Oleg.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Mar 11, 2013, 04:26 AM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,315 Posts
Thanks Oleg for updating the site - it was desperately needed!

Good luck team USA!

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:14 PM
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
15,307 Posts
If some kind person(s) in the F3K community would like to help with compilation of the contest results for team selection qualification please send me a PM. I haven't really even started on the qualification process for the team selection that will occur in 2014 yet and feel bad that I am behind on this.

Ryan
rdwoebke is offline Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Apr 02, 2013, 03:42 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Register your contest to be a Team Selection Qualifier

Contest Directors,

I was just on the US Team F3K site and they asked the following in order to register your contest for a team qualifier:
Quote:
To add your event to the list below and the Google calendar, send the information to oleg.golovidov@gmail.com.
Include contest name, dates, classes flown, entry fee, web-site link, RCgroups link, contest director or contact person e-mail, etc.
I think you need to submit this info no later than 1 month before the contest.

Let's not forget to register our contests for the 2014 team selections!

The new team selection cycle started on July 1, 2012, and will continue for 2 years until June 30, 2014.

Frank
Last edited by Fly2High; Apr 03, 2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2013, 05:03 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,452 Posts
Yes, thanks for the reminder, Frank.

Contest directors, please send a short (or long) blurb announcing your event, with RCG links, picture/logo link, description, etc. to me. Look at the existing few event descriptions that I created myself on www.f3k.us and do something similar for your events. This will help me tremendously. I cannot always search RCG for all events and cut/paste/format the information for the web-site myself.

Same for the contest results. Once your event is done, please send me the F3KScore file, and links to RCG posts with results, pictures, reports. URL links that I can embed in the web-page for others to find later and view your reports/pics.
olgol is online now Find More Posts by olgol
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DLG assembly service
Old Apr 04, 2013, 08:58 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Guys,
For those interested in having their contest be a US Team Selection Qualifier contest, the following document has been posted:

http://f3k.us/Official-2015-F3K-Program.pdf

Please have a look as things may have changed. I will post it for those who might have issues reading it here and to make sure we get visibility.

Frank
Old Apr 04, 2013, 08:59 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Qualifications and Program Entry

Qualification
Team selection qualifier contests can be held from July 1st, 2012 through June 30th, 2014. For a contest to be a qualifier, it must follow the F3K rules, be an AMA sanctioned contest, and be announced publically (on RCgroups and www.f3k.us) one month prior to the event. Single day events must have at least 5 preliminary rounds. Two day events must have a minimum of 10 preliminary rounds. Only preliminary rounds will be used for the qualification process. Small contests with less than 10 pilots may have two flight groups of less than 5 pilots; otherwise rule 5.7.9.1 should be adhered to. There must be at least 6 contestants for the contest to count as a qualifier. There will be no separation of groups based on skill or age class.
To qualify for the team selection, program participants must place in the top 30% of one two day qualification contest or the top 30% of two one day qualification contests. For example: a two day 6 person contest would qualify the top 2. A two day 60 person contest would qualify the top 18. Juniors are only required to enter the program and participate in a qualification contest to be qualified for the team selection.

Program Entry
Program entries for the 2015 F3K team selection finals will be accepted up to 30 days before the finals. The pilot must be a current AMA member, have placed in the top 30% of a qualification contest, and paid the program entry fee of $20 prior to the to contest(s) that he qualified in to enter the team selection finals.
The finals will be held between July 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014. The finals will occur over a three day period. The site and date will be determined by a vote of the Team Selection Committee (see Team Selection Competition Site Bids). The finals entry fee will be set by the host club and is separate from the program entry fee. The finals entry form must be postmarked no later than 30 days prior to the start of the finals. The start of the finals will begin on the day of check-in or any pre-contest meeting which competitors are required to attend, if held prior to the actual competition date. Refund requests for the finals fee must be submitted in writing to AMA Headquarters, postmarked no later than five business days following the conclusion of the finals. A finalist entrant shall specify his team affiliation. Teams of up to two pilots will be allowed. There will be no fly-offs at the team selection finals. The US team will be selected at the finals where the top three finishers will constitute the team. The fourth place finisher will be
Academy of Model Aeronautics
5161 East Memorial Drive
Muncie, Indiana 47302
(765) 287-1256 – Voice
(765) 289-4248 – Fax
(765) 286-3303 -- Competitions Fax
www.modelaircraft.org
E-mail: lisaj@modelaircraft.org
the alternate. The contest rules will be in accordance with the FAI sporting code. Protests must be submitted in writing within one hour of an infraction, accompanied by a $20 fee. If the protest is rejected, the fee will be deposited in the F3K team fund. The protest fee shall be returned to the protester if the protest is allowed to stand.
Upon making the 2015 F3K team, the pilot is required to possess an FAI stamp.
Last edited by Fly2High; Apr 04, 2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old Apr 04, 2013, 09:00 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Jury

Jury
A jury shall be impaneled at the finals to adjudicate disputes and/or protests arising over interpretation or implementation of the Sporting Code or finals contest rules. Authority of the jury is as described in document entitled "World Championship Teams Procedures Governing the Academy's Sponsorship of FAI Teams". There will be no appeal from decisions of the jury.
Old Apr 04, 2013, 09:00 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Team Selection Competition Site Bids

Team Selection Competition Site Bids
Bids shall be submitted to AMA Headquarters postmarked no later than February 31, 2014. The bid should include:
1. Host club or organization, name, address, and daytime phone number of the contact person;
2. Site location description, date (must be between July 1 and December 31, 2014), expected weather conditions, local accommodations, approximate cost, and distance to site;
3. Officials other than jury, especially the name of the contest director;
4. Additional equipment or personnel assistance;
5. Local help, assistance, cooperation;
6. Estimated budget.
Any club officer, club member, or team selection competition official may be designated to receive correspondence or inquiries, however the individual should be an open AMA member approved by the organizer. The contest director must be named; it is recognized that organizers may have several possible choices for CD and may present more than one name. Probationary or new CD's are not permitted to serve as a team selection competition CD. The contest director is subject to final approval by AMA and the Team Selection Committee. Other officials (timers, judges, event directors, etc.) must be AMA members and have demonstrated competence within their assigned duties.
Scorecards will be provided by the contest organizer and must be initialed by the timer and the pilot to confirm that the recorded score is correct. The organizers will post printed scores within one hour of the completion of a round to enable the competitors to verify their scores are correct.
Receipts must accompany requests for reimbursement from the team fund. Allowable expenses from the team fund include items such as port-a-john rental, minimum travel expenses for officials (which should be local individuals if possible) and supplies (staples, pencils, rope, tape, etc.). Costs for bid preparation, socials or banquets, and trophies or awards are prohibited. Once
the bid is prepared, specify whether the club will require reimbursement and indicate a maximum amount expected. Note that the total budget allowance for expenses cannot exceed 50% of the competition entry fee income. The club will determine the entry fee based on the anticipated number of entrants and the expected expenses. Typically entry fees range from $75 to $110.
The finals will use the published F3K rules. There will be no fly-off in the finals. All tasks will be allowed. The submitted bids shall include the proposed tasks to be used in the finals. It is not required that the host club provides official timers for each competitor. It is required that the host club provides at least four official timers that will be randomly assigned to pilots each round. These timers will time from the field boundaries to ensure the integrity of the results and not interfere with the competitors on the field. In the case of the Poker task, if used, the host club must provide qualified official timers for each contestant in a group. If the Poker task is selected, the host club must include the maximum group size they will be able to accommodate. They must also indicate the experience level of the official timers and any training they will provide to the official timers to minimize any miscommunication between the pilot and the official during the Poker task. For Poker, the official is required to be on the field with the contestant per the F3K rules.
The Team Selection Committee will review all bids to assure adequate accommodations and suitable flying site. The Team Selection Committee will approve the competition site by simple majority vote of those members responding to the ballot.