Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:52 PM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Sweet!!!! Thanks a bunch, dude.
I went to 20awg on my esc since I'm running a motor that draws more amps than the stock motor did.
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:22 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,020 Posts
Did you solder the 20awg wire directly to the circuit board inside ESC?
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:31 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,155 Posts
Dang just bought one from him for $165.00 + $12.00 shipping & now he got them for $145.00.
http://www.ac-rc.com/product_info.ph...t219oqpjocs0t2
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:38 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Did you solder the 20awg wire directly to the circuit board inside ESC?
exactly, and I don't run any of my esc's with the shrink tubing on them anyway...needless weight for one thing but more importantly, esc's get hot and need air circulation to cool off so encasing them in insulating plastic seems counter intuitive
Last edited by candy76man; Nov 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:08 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
I installed Benmlee's tail clutch for testing last night. This mornings flight was really solid. No tail movement on full pitch climbouts or mild 3D maneuvers. Parts were precise and there were no balance issues at all after installation.

I also experimented with the KKDD blades with the TA915 motor and the pitch up was too unpredictable to keep flying her that way. So I decided to lighten up the stock blades (since the heli is super stable with them but the flip and roll rates were slow) by drilling holes in them and covering them with clear tape. The stock blades weighed in at 4.5g and now the modified blades weigh 3.7g. The flip and roll rates are very good and there are no issues with FFF. Nice. We will see how she handles Manny flying her this weekend.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Last edited by dkfuji; Nov 15, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:20 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,675 Posts
A lil off subject but figured you guys might like my pet Arctic fox!
Scout My Pet Arctic Fox! (Whoomp there it is) (must watch) (3 min 58 sec)
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:47 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
A lil off subject but figured you guys might like my pet Arctic fox!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3YLPQjdpdI
cool! so how did you end up with a pet fox and does he like to chase heli's?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:55 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
cool! so how did you end up with a pet fox and does he like to chase heli's?
Well I always wanted a fox since I was a kid and 6 months ago I thought heck now as good of time as any I might aswell get one lol so I bought one from a breeder in Indiana when he was 4 weeks old. And the funny thing is I actually have tons of videos with him chasing my v120d02s or my quad copter. He loves RC stuff! Which is a bad thing bc I can't fly FPV with him outside bc he'll try to chew my chords
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:22 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I installed Benmlee's tail clutch for testing last night. This mornings flight was really solid. No tail movement on full pitch climbouts or mild 3D maneuvers. Parts were precise and there were no balance issues at all after installation.

I also experimented with the KKDD blades with the TA915 motor and the pitch up was too unpredictable to keep flying her that way. So I decided to lighten up the stock blades (since the heli is super stable with them but the flip and roll rates were slow) by drilling holes in them and covering them with clear tape. The stock blades weighed in at 4.5g and now the modified blades weigh 3.7g. The flip and roll rates are very good and there are no issues with FFF. Nice. We will see how she handles Manny flying her this weekend.
Nice, i had thought about doing something like this myself actually. Then the KDBB blades were released.

Can you elaborate on the "unpredictable" pitch ups? Was it giving way in different directions or something because of blade flex? Do you have any ideas? I fly those blades using the 215 motor and the Benmlee slipper clutch and the heli did fly very erratic and crazy at first. I had to tune it all kinds of ways till i found a sweet spot. But, i had to turn the gyro pot off basically. Just a hair up. It leveled out and flies nicer now. But it's hard for me to detect slight shifts and inconsistencies in the heli because it's always 15+mph winds here. So the heli just gets knocked around anyway. I'm wondering if there is something i'm not seeing because of it.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:43 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Nice, i had thought about doing something like this myself actually. Then the KDBB blades were released.

Can you elaborate on the "unpredictable" pitch ups? Was it giving way in different directions or something because of blade flex? Do you have any ideas? I fly those blades using the 215 motor and the Benmlee slipper clutch and the heli did fly very erratic and crazy at first. I had to tune it all kinds of ways till i found a sweet spot. But, i had to turn the gyro pot off basically. Just a hair up. It leveled out and flies nicer now. But it's hard for me to detect slight shifts and inconsistencies in the heli because it's always 15+mph winds here. So the heli just gets knocked around anyway. I'm wondering if there is something i'm not seeing because of it.
mine flew horrible with the kbdb blades...fff was practically impossible, it would just suddenly flare up into the air like it was going to go inverted on it's own. It's flyable with the stock blades but will still fight me at full speed.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:52 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
mine flew horrible with the kbdb blades...fff was practically impossible, it would just suddenly flare up into the air like it was going to go inverted on it's own. It's flyable with the stock blades but will still fight me at full speed.
I use white Solo Pro 180D blades and they are significantly more stable than the stock blades. I have not seen the 6 axis effect either with them. Perhaps we beginning to get some hold on the 6 axis effect.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:07 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I use white Solo Pro 180D blades and they are significantly more stable than the stock blades. I have not seen the 6 axis effect either with them. Perhaps we beginning to get some hold on the 6 axis effect.
I'll have to remember to order some next time I need some parts..thx!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:11 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,341 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, like i said. I had to do a lot of tuning. One thing that was needed was reduction of the collective gain. I did it by programming a flat spot in my pitch curve so that the swash didn't move as quickly or as far in the middle of the stick but still had 100% throw. So on my 2801 pro my pitch curve was programmed something like this:

0 - 35 - 50 - 65 - 100

.._/
/

Alternatively you could move the ball on the servo horns. But those slotted balls really annoy me so i used the pitch curve. This "Expo"ed pitch curve and turning down the gyros put the heli back in control. Tuning farther from there to get it how i like. It does kind of fly like a V120 on crack some times though.

3 axis gyros don't like light blades. They like the weight there to give a steady and firm feed back. They also prefer some weight on the leading edge in most cases. Thats why there are FBL blades for bigger helicopters. and then flybar blades too. It's all about how they CG and weight the blades.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:23 AM
Multitotor Pilot/Web Designer
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
1,174 Posts
Quote:
I'll have to remember to order some next time I need some parts..thx!
Are these blades just put on and fly or are there mods?
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:55 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM View Post
Are these blades just put on and fly or are there mods?
Solo Pro 180 blades are drop in or put on and fly.