SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:42 AM
Joined Oct 2008
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
You'll be fine so long as the solder holds.

-Alex
thanks.
best regards.
odontologo98 is offline Find More Posts by odontologo98
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2014, 07:49 PM
Joined Jun 2013
271 Posts
Question about this antenna: (ibcrazy blue airscrew) http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=3611

In the product info it says its a straight connection but its really 45 degrees, is this a removable adapter so it becomes straight?

Thanks.
Agalloch is online now Find More Posts by Agalloch
Old Dec 13, 2014, 03:41 PM
Denmark, Region Syddanmark, Svendborg
Joined Aug 2014
149 Posts
Hallo Alex

Why is it not possible, to only buy the vTX from the IBCrazy 5.8 GHz Bluebeam Ultra Antenna Set ?? My vTX is defective due to a crash on my quad-copter, and now i have to buy the whole kit again ?
SilverLine is offline Find More Posts by SilverLine
Old Dec 13, 2014, 06:30 PM
Team Warpsquad!!!
Joined Oct 2013
1,729 Posts
So question mark. Do many people run these as rc transmitter antennas? Or is that not exactly a good idea?
Btnewman is online now Find More Posts by Btnewman
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:13 AM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
Question about this antenna: (ibcrazy blue airscrew) http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=3611

In the product info it says its a straight connection but its really 45 degrees, is this a removable adapter so it becomes straight?

Thanks.
The picture looks like there is a 90degree adapter. Best to contact readymade.
antslake is offline Find More Posts by antslake
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:16 AM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLine View Post
Hallo Alex

Why is it not possible, to only buy the vTX from the IBCrazy 5.8 GHz Bluebeam Ultra Antenna Set ?? My vTX is defective due to a crash on my quad-copter, and now i have to buy the whole kit again ?
Some places sell them separate.
http://www.getfpv.com/ibcrazy-5-8-gh...a-antenna.html
antslake is offline Find More Posts by antslake
Old Dec 14, 2014, 05:16 AM
Denmark, Region Syddanmark, Svendborg
Joined Aug 2014
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake View Post
SilverLine is offline Find More Posts by SilverLine
Old Dec 14, 2014, 01:30 PM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
So question mark. Do many people run these as rc transmitter antennas? Or is that not exactly a good idea?
I've been using a Windmill CP similar to a Clover on my Tx for a couple years now. You don't get extended range doing that, in fact the range is slightly reduced but I've never gotten far enough away to notice and I fly gliders high and far.

Don't pay attention to the "loose half your range" blather, you don't.

Where the CP really shines is when used with a single linear antenna Rx. No matter what the orientation of the Rx the polarization is always the same. No major loss of signal because Tx and Rx are 90* out of whack.

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old Dec 14, 2014, 06:18 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Nov 2007
34 Posts
What is the best way to fix this

My short bluebeam had survived a ton of crashes, I finally broke it bending it back last week, I moved this one form my hex to my quad and crashed it one time, I crash a lot we race them pretty aggressively, so now I am back on my Immersion RC antennas.
lbz34 is offline Find More Posts by lbz34
Old Dec 15, 2014, 05:31 AM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Sep 2011
467 Posts
Solder on a new SMA plug?
Hasi is online now Find More Posts by Hasi
Old Dec 15, 2014, 02:08 PM
Joined Oct 2014
20 Posts
How can I replicate this flat wire design ?

Credits go to user HGT HighGain Tunning http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=455370 but now he is banned and cannot ask it to him.

Quote:
New 5.8GHz antenna design
I have improved on the circular polarized 5.8GHz antennas by redesigning the elements. They were fighting each other causing a varying SWR throughout the 7 channel frequency range of the TX. Now there is no need to fine tune each one and set your TX to a specific frequency as there is very little change across all 7 channels.

Yeah, without making the element real ugly with tuning strips it's the easiest way to change the attenuation. A little time consuming though. They should all have a protective raydome, especially 2.4GHz and above. You barely touch those and they are out of tune.
lilopiglet is offline Find More Posts by lilopiglet
Old Dec 15, 2014, 04:28 PM
My name is Tom
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Misano Adriatico
Joined Aug 2009
909 Posts
Beat them flat with a small hammer. To be more precise you could use a broad, flat punch and a hammer.

Tom.
Tommygunn is offline Find More Posts by Tommygunn
Old Dec 16, 2014, 02:49 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilopiglet View Post
How can I replicate this flat wire design ?

Credits go to user HGT HighGain Tunning http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=455370 but now he is banned and cannot ask it to him.
Aparently that mod makes the (already fairly wide band) antenna even more wideband. I don't think this is realy a good idea. Upon recevieing it means that energy from other frequencies around the one you are using are easier picked up and upon transmitting it means that the antenna also tends to transmit on nearby frequencies. To make an analogy, one could replace car tires with ones using hard rubber (no air). This would prevent him from ever having a flat tire, but are these good tires for a car?

Then, remember, a good looking antenna does not have to be a good antenna. Of course a good looking antenna CAN be a good one too, but coating an antenna always carries the risk of makeing things worse. Its very difficult to coat an antenna and NOT negatively affect it's parameters. Of course, in the realm of DIY antennas with no propper measuring equipement the coating could also improve a previous inferior antenna. It's very very difficult though to build an optimal antenna with coating as you have to take the coating into account during the tuning process, hence tune the antenna "off" by the influence the coating is going ot have upfront. This requires a big amount of experimenting and gattering experiance for a particular antenna design.

Just my 2

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456