Old May 22, 2011, 06:06 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,802 Posts
I keep getting the following error when trying to upload v1.7 to my mega:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I had no problem uploading to my ProMini earlier. Any suggestions?

Never mind, my mac decided to change the usb port. Everything is now loaded.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Tahoe Ed; May 22, 2011 at 06:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2011, 06:10 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
Did you change the board type under tools
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Old May 22, 2011, 06:19 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Mach ich auch am liebsten.
Aber Email & PayPal is auch ne sichere Sache. Und Jussi steht zu seinen Produkten. Die "Alternative" erschien plötzlich bei Ebay, nachdem die Entwicklung der FFIMU abgeschlossen war. Ein Schelm, wer böses dabei denkt...

Pirates stand for their products. If it's crap - throw it back!
You'll get your bucks or a new one in return.

Jussi and Paul developed their boards in the open. And they fully support not only their products but also the people who develop code for it.
The alternative "AllinOne" suddenly appeared on Ebay after the development of the FFIMU was finished...

die kopien sind ziemlich asi , da unterstützt man doch besser jmd der die teile entwickelt hat und auch selber fliegt. wenn der damit ein zubrot verdient , meinetwegen gerne

i think its better to support jussi here , he developed this and seems to have a better service than the ebay seller who copied the board . it might be more expensive but paying a little more money might lead to new developments for our project
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Old May 22, 2011, 07:30 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D View Post
die kopien sind ziemlich asi , da unterstützt man doch besser jmd der die teile entwickelt hat und auch selber fliegt. wenn der damit ein zubrot verdient , meinetwegen gerne

i think its better to support jussi here , he developed this and seems to have a better service than the ebay seller who copied the board . it might be more expensive but paying a little more money might lead to new developments for our project
also jussi is very much a contributing member of the community who actively does fly and enjoys the hobby unlike others who come here strictly for $$
bob4432 is online now Find More Posts by bob4432
Old May 22, 2011, 07:34 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
thats how it should be ...

MultiWii Octocopter (1 min 30 sec)

thats my multiwii octocopter with two warthox boards ... i want to switch to the flyduino now because of the gps and the ability to fly stable ( i just cant do that myself so the computer needs to do it for me , as you can see in the video )
Old May 22, 2011, 10:15 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:

Dont assume that just because the guy isnt active in the multicopter community that he isnt active somewhere else. Also i dont understand how you can say he's only in it for the $, he sells a good product at a fair price as does Jussi and they need to make money to continue. And as far as development is concerned isnt Siberian(Oleg) one of the main coders for the Pirates using this board.
Loyalty is fine but please get it in perspective, Choice is to be encouraged i think, and the more people that supply us with good products the better and i havent heard that the all in one board is a bad product, Have you?

sorry im not having a go, but i do try to be fair and running the guy down just because he's a competitor of Jussi's isnt what i call fair.

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old May 23, 2011, 03:14 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post

sorry im not having a go, but i do try to be fair and running the guy down just because he's a competitor of Jussi's isnt what i call fair.

Ray
I don't think it's "unfair" to prefer one manufacturer over another.
And as far as I can see, nobody is "running the competitor down".

Having a choice it's always your own decision whom you support.

Some people still buy original MK stuff instead of illegally cloned Chinese boards at a third of the price. And now users can decide if they support the original DIYDrones ArduCopter hardware - or go for the Chinese copies for half the price.

Some customers only look at the price. Others know the story behind a development...
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2011, 09:57 AM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
where can i get an octocopter software ? is it finished yet ?
Old May 23, 2011, 10:11 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
As far as I know the 1st 9Dof board was developed as you call it by sparkfun and not anyone on here and the 2 boards in question dont look much alike other than they have the same chips on that anyone can buy, so its not really a copy is it maybe you should say he jumped on the bandwagon but not copied but maybe it was sparkfuns bandwagon in the 1st place
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Old May 23, 2011, 11:33 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaza07 View Post
As far as I know the 1st 9Dof board was developed as you call it by sparkfun and not anyone on here and the 2 boards in question dont look much alike other than they have the same chips on that anyone can buy, so its not really a copy is it maybe you should say he jumped on the bandwagon but not copied but maybe it was sparkfuns bandwagon in the 1st place
Jordi from DIYDrones developed the SF 9DOF btw.

None of the sensors used there you'll find on the recent bobs.
The FFIMU was developed as an alternative for the overpriced SF bob.

But yeah: it was all coincidence that the first CSG bobs appeared on Ebay after Fabio published his bobs. And for sure it was coincidence that the Allinone with the exact same sensors like the FFIMU appeared on Ebay after the FFIMU dev was finished.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2011, 12:52 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
Just ordered a GPS, guess I should buy one of Paul's BOBs now.
3rdeyepro is offline Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Old May 23, 2011, 01:07 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
we cant change what happened here and we should concentrate on developing new functions for the board instead of fighting about who first sold that board .

whilst were at it : what about an octocopter software so i dont need two seperate boards anymore ?
what about gps to make it a mikrokopter competitor ?

regards
Old May 23, 2011, 01:13 PM
Schweiz
Joined Apr 2008
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Mach ich auch am liebsten.
Aber Email & PayPal is auch ne sichere Sache. Und Jussi steht zu seinen Produkten. Die "Alternative" erschien plötzlich bei Ebay, nachdem die Entwicklung der FFIMU abgeschlossen war. Ein Schelm, wer böses dabei denkt...

Pirates stand for their products. If it's crap - throw it back!
You'll get your bucks or a new one in return.

Jussi and Paul developed their boards in the open. And they fully support not only their products but also the people who develop code for it.
The alternative "AllinOne" suddenly appeared on Ebay after the development of the FFIMU was finished...
And the service is excellent by both.

Geni
Geni is offline Find More Posts by Geni
Old May 23, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
I believe octo is being added now to the MWC code, the mega will suport the 8 outs. Not sure what the timeline is for adding it to megapirates code.

GPS is being worked on, it is in the arducopter code and it is being added here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1382503

Quote:
we cant change what happened here and we should concentrate on developing new functions for the board instead of fighting about who first sold that board .

whilst were at it : what about an octocopter software so i dont need two seperate boards anymore ?
what about gps to make it a mikrokopter competitor ?

regards
3rdeyepro is offline Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Old May 23, 2011, 02:18 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,678 Posts
Just to be clear....

I welcome any and all competion. As a kapitalist by nature, I think competition is at the heart of all healthy development!

I did the FF IMU primarily to show that it could be done. If my work have inspired anyone, I think that is a good thing! And I made the files available under a CC license so that other people could adapt and use it for their purposes!

And its not like I "invented" anything. As one of the more "diplomatic" users here have said, basically all I did was "to slap sensors on a board".....

Norbert, I appreciate the effort. But you dont need to promote my board over any of the others. I would hope that people chooses to buy from me, because they think I offer a good product and a good service.....

I would also hope that the other people developing sensor solutions would start to share their results with HMC5883L. I think at present our biggest concern is that Honeywell is selling dysfunctional sensors and not owning up to it!
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member