HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2008, 03:50 PM
Crash much?
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2008
14 Posts
Help!
Dynam Extra 330 help

hi i am new to rc planes. i received my first plane yesterday. Its a RTF Extra 330.
I have started putting it together but i got to putting on the propeller and the parts i got seem to be different to what the instruction booklet has and i cant work out how it goes on.
just wondering if anyone else with the same plane maybe had a similar problem and a solution.

oh and also the charger for the li-poly battery doesnt have the polarity on it so i dont know which ac to dc adaptor to get....ive spent about $320 on this plane so far and dont want to blow the battery up hehe.

any help would be great
meekle is offline Find More Posts by meekle
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2008, 04:34 PM
Calgary, Alberta
Joined Jul 2007
1,116 Posts
If this is your first plane, you are going to lose those $320 in about 10 seconds after takeoff. I suggest you go and get a GWS Slow Stick or Hobbyzone Supercub. The additional money spent on one of those will be well worth it.

What charger do you have?
The_Fuzz is offline Find More Posts by The_Fuzz
Old Jan 31, 2008, 04:46 PM
Crash much?
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2008
14 Posts
it is a Li-polmer battery charger from dynam.

ive flown rc planes before this is just the 1st one ive owned.
quite frustrating really, i was so excited when it arrived and now i cant even fly it
Old Jan 31, 2008, 04:51 PM
Calgary, Alberta
Joined Jul 2007
1,116 Posts
Which one?

http://www.dynam-rc.com/products/battery/charger.htm

There should be some type of diagram showing what is + and -. I think the center pin is usually the +.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 04:54 PM
Crash much?
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2008
14 Posts
yeah thats the wierd thing. there is no diagram. but yeah i thought the center pin was more than likely +. just didnt want to risk it.
its the 5th charger down the list

any idea about the propeller pieces?
Old Jan 31, 2008, 04:55 PM
Calgary, Alberta
Joined Jul 2007
1,116 Posts
No idea what it looks like . . I was trying to find a manual online
Old Jan 31, 2008, 06:27 PM
Crash much?
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2008
14 Posts
this is what i got to attach my propeller to my motor shaft.

the 3 rings are rubber.
i just cant work this out for the life of me
please can anyone help me
Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:34 PM
Crash much?
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2008
14 Posts
help please
Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:51 PM
Watch out for that TREE!
Houston, Tx
Joined Oct 2006
1,458 Posts
Meekle,

What you have there is a prop saver. The Silver round part goes on the motor shaft and is held in place by the 2 screws. Tighten them snugly. You don't want it to come loose. Then put the prop on and hold prop in place by stretching the o-ring around the back of one screw, around the front of the prop and behind the other screw.

You would be much better off with a slow trainer type plane, the extra 330 is a handful as your 3rd or 4th plane. At the very least get an experienced pilot to maiden it.

Good luck and good flying,

John
GD5015 is offline Find More Posts by GD5015
Old Jan 31, 2008, 08:02 PM
Crash much?
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2008
14 Posts
thankyou so much for your help.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 08:44 PM
Calgary, Alberta
Joined Jul 2007
1,116 Posts
take a look at the pictures in this thread:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3879
Old Feb 04, 2008, 03:39 AM
I believe I can fly.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2007
131 Posts
Hi,
I actually have one of these. I bought this on a whim from ebay in Australia. I have only flown it once and also only crashed it once. You probably have the same kit, red lipo etc. You could almost throw the lipo away, it is rubbish. Also, please don't use the supplied velcro to attach the battery if you are going to use the original, it will get very hot , VERY quickly and melt the glue on the battery.
You should probably put some clear packing tape on the tail, fuselage and wing, maybe just a strip here and there as the foam is not very strong and there is more than enough power in the supplied motor to handle a little bit of extra weight.
Last but in no way least, C.O.G.. It is always important to get your C.O.G. spot on and I found it very difficult to balance this model. It was a while ago and I wasn't too willing to make too many alterations to a " RTF " , I should have, it was in no way "RTF". If you want some more info or pictures send me a PM and I will do what I can yo assist.

Logic.
logicquests is offline Find More Posts by logicquests
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:14 PM
Joined Feb 2009
4 Posts
Wow that sucks mine is awsome i find it much easier to fly then the t28 trojan i think it is the radio. The t28 has so many glitches with it's stock radio. Glad I can help
DynamExtraflye is offline Find More Posts by DynamExtraflye
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:34 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
5,188 Posts
My sympathies. I have the Focus EP400 and my buddy bought a Cessna EP182. I've been trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to warn people off these for months.

The electrics are poor. The TX is not good at all-I've got one in the shop that the aileron channel is stuck on the TX. The battery is OK. The charger is so bad it should be illegal. The foam is fragile as all get out. The landing gear is terrible-it will break almost immediately. The motor is strong but the prop shaft is weak and will bend easily. Instructions are not so hot as you are finding out. The plane is no bargain though the marketing is quite impressive and it 'seems' like you've found a gold mine. It's a good sucker job.

That said, IF, and ONLY IF, you can get through the lousy set up problems, AND get it in the air successfully, AND not crash it, they fly pretty well. Crash it good once and you'll need a dust pan to pick up the rubble.

Very sorry. But-don't get discouraged by RC. Just recognize you made a poor choice. My first plane was even worse-it wouldn't fly. There are some very good trainers out there. Ask first next time.
flydiver is offline Find More Posts by flydiver
Old Feb 12, 2009, 01:35 AM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
dont mind me asking but how did you manage to spend 320 of a plane that cost 150 rtf
paintball_kidz is offline Find More Posts by paintball_kidz