Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 20, 2004, 01:42 PM
Joined Aug 2003
150 Posts
Glitching and spiral of death

I am getting this glitching with my new GWS ME109 using a GWS Naro Rx and a Himaxx brushless motor with CC Phoenix 35.

- I tend to get the glitching at high speed, full throttle. THe engine cuts out completely and the Elevator servo glitches full down. this only happens for about one second. and then recovers, unfortunately the other day I had a failure that put my plane into a death spiral. I have a similar setup in my GWS formosa without a problem(no glitching at all) the only difference between the two setup's are.

- I have extended the motor leads between the ESC and the motor in he ME109.
- The Formosa is running a Razor 350 while the ME109 is running a HiMaxx 2025-4200

Thatís it. The ME109 has been repaired but I am hesitant to fly her again due to this.

Dave
midavide is offline Find More Posts by midavide
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2004, 03:12 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Are they using the SAME receiver, or the same KIND of receiver?
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Feb 20, 2004, 03:33 PM
Joined Aug 2003
150 Posts
Same Kind of receiver - Two different receivers . GWS Naro. I know what your getting at. swap the receivers and see what happens?

Thx.

Dave
midavide is offline Find More Posts by midavide
Old Feb 20, 2004, 03:46 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
That first, then the ESC's.. process of elimination..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Feb 20, 2004, 04:15 PM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,713 Posts
how long is the ESC to Rx lead? Did you do a range test (ant colapsed how far can you walk away before it starts to glitch, try it with both the motor power on and off). Also get a better Rx, I like the Bergs and hitec 555 micro. I had glitch problem, the setup failed the range test, the fix was to wrap the ESC rx lead inside a ferrite doughnut. Don't fly if you can't pass the range test, BTW the range should be at least 50ft ant down, a little less with the motor running (maybe 10 ft less). Sometimes you can re-route various wires (servo leads, battery leads, ESC leads) to correct the range test.
dave morris is offline Find More Posts by dave morris