Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:28 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,303 Posts
Trader Rating: 96
Discussion
Four times in the last two months "I'll take it" then no response

Is anyone else getting this lately? Buyers say "I'll take it" you send PayPal info, then never hear back from them again.

Aggravating to say the least. Not much to do but add them to my "Not worth doing business with" list.
mt_100 is offline Find More Posts by mt_100
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:11 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
it's happened. they get 24 hours...then it's on to the next paying customer.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:47 PM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
Trader Rating: 157
its happening more and more. people who joined that day, no posts, no seller rating and they get full benefits of the whole site. RCGroups REALLY needs to do something about this. It is going to turn this place into Ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edge_pilot is online now Find More Posts by edge_pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My 2 favorite everyday flyers!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:53 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Sounds like scammers/spammers collecting email addresses.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:37 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,303 Posts
Trader Rating: 96
Could be. There should be some sort of feedback for people that agree to, then back out of a deal with no response.

On eBay for example, you win the bid, you buy the item. You don't and the seller can neg you for not paying. Here, they get away with it.
mt_100 is offline Find More Posts by mt_100
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:56 PM
Green Fuel Boy
United States, OR, Newberg
Joined Sep 2009
62 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
I love it.
Green Fuel Boy is offline Find More Posts by Green Fuel Boy
Last edited by Green Fuel Boy; Feb 05, 2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:37 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,316 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
I think the underwear is getting all knotted up over nothing. Just let it roll off and enjoy the sale when it does happen. I guess I dont get too worked up, as I dont mark it sold until funds are in my PP account. So no real harm I guess, as I always say its still for sale until its paid for.
PropsnWings is online now Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:13 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,463 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
I think the underwear is getting all knotted up over nothing. Just let it roll off and enjoy the sale when it does happen. I guess I dont get too worked up, as I dont mark it sold until funds are in my PP account. So no real harm I guess, as I always say its still for sale until its paid for.
+1..Shoot I just say I'll take it...send a PM.."if its still available I'll take it"..
Then if no response....I move on...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:33 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,603 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Yeah, part of doing bussiness online,, it does get old though.

It seams guys will post "I'll take it" but they are really just calling dibs,, and then later deside to pass. The problem is it could cause other potenial buyers to pass on the ad when they see those posts.

I know if I see a few posts with "pm sent" ot "i'll take it" why bother getting in line and sending a PM myself.

I had a guy last year, call me talk my ear off for a half hour, talk me down on the price, say he will drive up the next day and pay cash, then totally flake,,, then have the nearve to contact me again on other items. I figure he jacks around so many guys it's hard to remember who's who.
scale_only is online now Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:46 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
I did it once, but not intentionally. Saw an ad for two small <$20 helis I've wanted for a while. The price was great, but there were no pics or videos up. I said I was interested in them and would take them, even named a price. He responded with "I added videos, let me know if you still want them."

Turned out in the videos it looked like they didn't take the best care of their stuff, or that it belonged to their kids. There was issues with everything, - motors wearing out, bad battery, etc...

So I responded that I was no longer interested, and to give it to the next person in line. I felt terrible doing that, but I felt it was no longer worth my while if the machines would need repair right away.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:08 PM
United States, OH, Marysville
Joined Apr 2010
121 Posts
Trader Rating: 79
It would make them understand if you listed something really cheap and when they said they wil take it say. Just kidding I dont really have it for sale
squirrel40 is online now Find More Posts by squirrel40
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tamiya Monster Beetle Restore
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:14 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
This happens to me all the time, and I find it extremely annoying. Especially when you see that they are online and they never respond. At least they could send you a message saying "Sorry, I don't want it anymore because _________".
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:53 PM
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Jun 2010
96 Posts
Trader Rating: 127
I have an airplane listed as LPU - I got a PM from a guy saying he was interested, I replied and gave him my phone number. Yesterday he called in the morning and said he wanted the airplane and could he come get it tomorrow (Saturday) morning? I said sure, gave him directions to my house and said I would see him in the morning. We even discussed some of the other planes I have for sale and he said he was really interested in a couple of them and would probably buy them as well. He said he would be here about 10AM. Then, last night he sends me a text that says "I changed my mind about the ****" that's all - no explanation, nothing. Since I had cancelled some plans for this morning to make sure I was here to meet him, I was more than a little annoyed. Even a short explanation would have made it less so, but I didn't get one (even after I texted back and asked why he had changed his mind). Oh well, as someone else said, it happened, it's over --- so on to other things!
Tampatexan is online now Find More Posts by Tampatexan
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:34 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampatexan View Post
I have an airplane
I'll take it!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:59 PM