Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Mar 2008
50 Posts
Devo 7E programming

I got the Super FP with a Devo7E. Great little FP flyer. In some of the 7E programming, you can choose SPS0 SW, SPS1 SW, SPS2 SW, SPS3 SW, or SPS4 SW. I think they are assignable switches but which switch is pertaining to what? And what are they used for? If anyone knows, please help. Thank you and much appreciated.
jygwkuo is offline Find More Posts by jygwkuo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:29 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,590 Posts
i think sps0-> sps3 is the trim tabs. Atleast thats my best guess.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:51 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,212 Posts
has anyone done a mode change yet?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jygwkuo View Post
I got the Super FP with a Devo7E. Great little FP flyer. In some of the 7E programming, you can choose SPS0 SW, SPS1 SW, SPS2 SW, SPS3 SW, or SPS4 SW. I think they are assignable switches but which switch is pertaining to what? And what are they used for? If anyone knows, please help. Thank you and much appreciated.
SPS0 SW and all the others are "virtual" switches... For example, I set SPS0 SW with throttle at -20% to enable the timer so I can know the exact flying time. Atm I'm not doing 3D so when the throttle moves over -20% the timer starts, and stops when it's below.
dariobrit is offline Find More Posts by dariobrit
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Mar 2008
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariobrit View Post
SPS0 SW and all the others are "virtual" switches... For example, I set SPS0 SW with throttle at -20% to enable the timer so I can know the exact flying time. Atm I'm not doing 3D so when the throttle moves over -20% the timer starts, and stops when it's below.
Thanks for the reply. Let me see if I understand you correctly. If they are virtual switches, can they be assigned to the Flight Mode and Throttle Hold switches? Or it is only assignable to the sticks (rudder/throttle; elevator/aileron)?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
mm... don't know really what do you mean...
Flight Mode and Throttle Hold switches are phisical, the SPx are for your creation only for a specified stick position (you specify which position).
In theory (I didn't test it) they can be assigned, for example, at -100% to "throttle hold", so you don't have to hit the switch when crashing; just lower the stick to minimum... (may be dangerous if you're doing 3D at push negative pitch to max...
As I said, atm, I only find it useful for the timer...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Mar 2008
50 Posts
Thanks for you help, dariobrit. If they are only virtual switches for the sticks, which is which. For example, SPS0 = left stick throttle? SPS1 = right stick aileron? SPS2 = right stick elevator? SPS3 = ? SPS4 = ? Basically, there are 5 virtual switches from SPS0 to SPS4. How do you know which stick (right or left) and movement (up/down or left/right) is controlling which virtual switch?
Your help is much appreciated.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
These switches are not assigned by default; you have to assign each one to your needs.
You can set SPS0 (or any other) to any stick and set the "trigger" value by percentage (positive or negative). Also you can set if it is "normal on" or "normal off", so it is fully programable.
There you only select "where" the switch is, but not "what it does" (search for "device output" for that).

Anyway, I'm still learning all the functions... jeje
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined Mar 2008
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariobrit View Post
These switches are not assigned by default; you have to assign each one to your needs.
You can set SPS0 (or any other) to any stick and set the "trigger" value by percentage (positive or negative). Also you can set if it is "normal on" or "normal off", so it is fully programable.
There you only select "where" the switch is, but not "what it does" (search for "device output" for that).

Anyway, I'm still learning all the functions... jeje
Thanks again dariobrit. That clears things up a little bit. I have the manual but it doesn't really explain anything. I just have to play around with the Tx more. I was thinking about getting the Devo 10 sometime in the future. But now I have second thoughts because the software is the same as the the Devo 7e. I still like my 2801 pro but I'm not sure about using the Magic Cube to fly Devo equipped models.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:24 PM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
217 Posts
To the owners of the Devo 7E, we want a video review!!!
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
I bought an Exceed X100 with a radio. Its branded Exceed but in small print in the right hand corner it has in small print Devo 7. Is it the same radio as the Devo 7E?
MWShelton is offline Find More Posts by MWShelton
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:18 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWShelton View Post
I bought an Exceed X100 with a radio. Its branded Exceed but in small print in the right hand corner it has in small print Devo 7. Is it the same radio as the Devo 7E?
Nope. If it is a full size tx with segmented display, than that is a DEVO 7:
http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=DEVO7
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:35 AM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
Its a Devo, 7. Is it worth the cost and trouble to get a 7E. What are the advantages?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:58 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWShelton View Post
Its a Devo, 7. Is it worth the cost and trouble to get a 7E. What are the advantages?
7E advantages:
- better user interface. Much better!
- smaller size, if you have small hands, or plan to travel it a lot;
- sooner or later will get deviation firmware: http://www.deviationtx.com/

7E disadvantages:
- smaller size, if you have big hands;
- fewer controls, i.e. switches, trims and the plus pot.
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:06 AM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
I have small hands. I'm all for easier programming! I already have a DX8 and a FS9x so the firmware would not be that advantageous. Now for the stupid question (I'm a noob) Whats a plus pot? If you were going to buy a small Walkera heli that comes with a 7E which one would you buy?