HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2014, 01:16 PM
Joined Dec 2014
12 Posts
Help!
i am looking forward to get into fpv (quad)

hi,
i am looking forward to buy fpv quad can you suggest me which quad frame is good , i have only have basic knowledge of fpv , i will be buying 250 size quad ,
i can see lumenier qav250 , blackout mini,
i am new to this so suggest me which is more durable, long lasting, strong and worth to buy,
thankyou
royalakshay is online now Find More Posts by royalakshay
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2014, 01:22 PM
Joined Dec 2014
12 Posts
i would like to do stunts and racing like chapru fpv
Old Dec 16, 2014, 02:32 PM
helis, boats, cars and planes
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Oct 2013
205 Posts
chapru fpv is on a quav 250.

When you buy your battery get the high discharge stuff. Regular 30c batteries wear out and die on you.
parajared is offline Find More Posts by parajared
Old Dec 18, 2014, 04:18 AM
Joined Dec 2014
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parajared View Post
chapru fpv is on a quav 250.

When you buy your battery get the high discharge stuff. Regular 30c batteries wear out and die on you.
so what parts i need to build the fpv quad like chapru fpv
can you tell me in details ( step by step) that how should i get started .
Old Dec 18, 2014, 05:32 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,482 Posts
What RC have you flown before?
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2014, 09:08 AM
Joined Oct 2013
205 Posts
The Luminier QAV 250 comes in a "RTF" version which is actually a bind and fly. It comes with all the components you need except a reciever and your own video system.

Quote:
Regardless of his rc experience I think a QAV250 can be a good first quad to newbies of rather talented nature because of how crashable they are. Grab a bunch of extra props and give it a go. They take a lickin' and keep on tickin.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 09:13 AM
Joined Oct 2013
205 Posts
If you are looking to "cheap out" Hobbyking sells the FPV 250 with everything you need except the control board and the reciever for $100 instead of the $500 you will be spending on a RTF QAV 250.

For my skill level I doubt I there is any difference between hobbyking and the expensive stuff, but I bet a "pro" who can really push the performance limits would notice.

Naze32 is a great control board for the FPV 250.
Last edited by parajared; Dec 18, 2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:03 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parajared View Post
The Luminier QAV 250 comes in a "RTF" version which is actually a bind and fly. It comes with all the components you need except a reciever and your own video system.

Regardless of his rc experience I think a QAV250 can be a good first quad to newbies of rather talented nature because of how crashable they are. Grab a bunch of extra props and give it a go. They take a lickin' and keep on tickin.
No it's not. You learn by piling on the flight hours until your muscle memory gets the controls. For my v911, when i was starting meant as soon as the charge is complete, flying it, and the putting it back in the charger. I have a tiled floor to practice my hovering and every half hour, i take a break, turn the chair, fly until the battery runs out, and then go back to work while the battery chargers. During that time i learned, i have a ton of paper cuts and crashes, so it would be pretty easy to imagine what my house would look like if that had been on a more powerful motor.

You can't conveniently practice on a brushless as it will likely mess up you furniture, to get the same mileage, you will have to step out of the house and to a park if you don't have a large yard, every half hour, for atleast two months. You never have to worry about messing up the quad, what you have to be worried about are the damages and injuries.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:25 AM
Joined Oct 2013
205 Posts
Good point, its nice to be able to fly and learn from the comfort of your house. I learned "from the house" on a nano qx and even though I fly larger quads now I still really get a kick out of the thing.

Should we steer newbs towards 250 sized quads? I think so, they seem plenty a fine a learning platform to me.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:04 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4,482 Posts
Once they're good with orientation, probably. But until then, they could very easily fly into themselves. 5030 props are plenty sharp.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 03:44 AM
Joined Dec 2014
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
i have been flying 2 ch, 3 ch, 4 ch rc helicopter( mini and big size ) ,
i will go for cheap quads beacasue i have never used quads ,
i know i will be crashing , so thats why i am going for cheap frame and later on as my flying skills get pro level i will change or upgrade ,

this is what i am thinking to build

250 frame cheap
emax esc 12 amp or 18 amp 0r 20 amp
emax motor mt2204 - 2300 kv
PDB FROM HOOBYKING
flight controller cc3d or naze 32
devo 7 rc controller with receiver

( i want to do some stunts and race like chapru fpv)