HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2013, 05:51 PM
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
Help!
DJI PHANTOM Updated firmware now problems

Hi
Need some advice please, Just updated JDI PHANTOM
firmware to 3.16. but am not able to open "phantom default configuration fw3.16" it says "file not supported"

How do I open this file ? . the quad copter is now just flashing yellow -Red-Yellow -Red and rotors will now not spin,

Also I notice that the remote control does not get recognised by the software on the computer, If I move the controls on the Remote it doesn't move on the computer like in the JDI video,
There is now no communication between the remote and the Quadcopter
All was great until I updated the firmware.

There is a note on the site that says everything will be reset and need to run config file, but just cant open it ! I'm using mac powerbook with Parallels and Windows 7, I was able to calibrate the IMU ok
Paul Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Paul Lewis
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:35 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Lewis View Post
Hi
Need some advice please, Just updated JDI PHANTOM
firmware to 3.16. but am not able to open "phantom default configuration fw3.16" it says "file not supported"

How do I open this file ? . the quad copter is now just flashing yellow -Red-Yellow -Red and rotors will now not spin,

Also I notice that the remote control does not get recognised by the software on the computer, If I move the controls on the Remote it doesn't move on the computer like in the JDI video,
There is now no communication between the remote and the Quadcopter
All was great until I updated the firmware.

There is a note on the site that says everything will be reset and need to run config file, but just cant open it ! I'm using mac powerbook wuith Parallels and Windows 7, I was able to calibrate the IMU ok

Paul

There was a warning that it would default all settings. All you need to do is perform radio calibration and setup. After radio calibration you will notice the radio is communicating just fine.

If you need more help, please feel free to pm me.
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Aug 12, 2013, 05:38 AM
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
thanks

Hi Thanks for the reply,
I am using parallels with a Macbook pro, and Windows 7

Updated Firmware seemed ok

Also doing the IMU calibration seemed to work fine, but then as I understand I need to run the Phantom _Default configuration file.
This just wont open under windows ? I even asked JDI to send me the file and they did. but still wont open ! just wondering if it's a parallels problem

Am I correct in thinking that unless I run this file, The Quadcopter will stay in its Red yellow -red Yellow status ?
i.e dead

I'm new to this machine so thanks for your help here
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:09 AM
Empire Hobbies Support
Joined May 2013
256 Posts
You will be able to fly the copter w/o running the file. Like blade strike suggested. Go through the setup and make sure you calibrate the TX.

Once that is done you must calibrate the GPS / Compass by doing the DJI dance. Once that is done, please perform a advance calibration.

regarding the file.. Try to right clicking and run the assistant as administrator.
Empire Support 3 is offline Find More Posts by Empire Support 3
Old Aug 16, 2013, 01:04 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1 Posts
update

Check to make sure you have the correct controller type.

Roy D.
Roystur_44 is offline Find More Posts by Roystur_44
Old Aug 16, 2013, 06:03 PM
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
Thanks for the help guys

Many thanks to you all for your help,
It was set on the wrong rc for some reason,
it's working well now so thanks, But must say I could never get the file to open with any expander, and was under the illusion I would be stuffed with out it,
seems not to be the case

Cheers
Paul
Old Aug 17, 2013, 08:23 AM
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
Hi Paul,

What did you do to get it working? I am having the exact same problem. I've re-synced the transmitter to the receiver(press the little button, watch the lights blink, then turn on the transmitter with left stick at bottom, the blinking light on the transmitter goes out but the phantom still claims it doesn't have a connection) a bunch of times but to no avail. Really strange that this all took place right after the firmware update.
lbene is offline Find More Posts by lbene
Old Aug 18, 2013, 08:16 PM
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
Never mind. Fixed it by changing the controller type in the DJI software. All works peachy now.
lbene is offline Find More Posts by lbene
Old Sep 11, 2013, 07:20 PM
Joined Sep 2013
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
Paul

There was a warning that it would default all settings. All you need to do is perform radio calibration and setup. After radio calibration you will notice the radio is communicating just fine.

If you need more help, please feel free to pm me.

Any chance to tell us how to do the radio calibration please? I have the same problem. Thank you!
neamtariel is offline Find More Posts by neamtariel
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:03 PM
Joined Jul 2013
31 Posts
DJI Phantom #77 - Naza-M Firmware Update 3.16 (12 min 49 sec)

It is in German but it tells you the basics!
Acer999 is offline Find More Posts by Acer999
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:43 PM
Joined Nov 2014
2 Posts
hi, i just got my new naza m 2v for my 680 pro hexcopter, the red led comes on soon as i lift ground, i ck my volts, and i have 1 5.50 v for noload and00 for loss, and 14.90 for load, i did try to set the loss at .40, and no change,im not able to fly my new hex, hope you can give me the right settings for my no load, and load volts and loss, thanks
jholine is offline Find More Posts by jholine
Old Nov 20, 2014, 09:57 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,795 Posts
Did you calibrate the lipo? Try that.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800