SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:09 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Brushless system

Seems the motors are very plentiful via ebay and others. Note also the use of a 10t gear. Would hope the installation directions are a bit better than those on the website.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:10 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
The directions on that site show the ESC pluging into the open servo space, did I miss something there ?
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:13 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
The directions on that site show the ESC pluging into the open servo space, did I miss something there ?
That is the throttle signal, but if you notice, the plug that is in the normal motor position goes to the ESC. Hope they did some FET testing.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:50 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Mostly Off Topic question about RX/TX

On some of the other toy forums (V911/V929/V939 etc.) people talk about using a Turnigy 9x to control their aircraft. I see on HK that you can get a TX and RX kit for about $60 (if they have stock).

The F45 seems to have a pretty decent setup from a totally n00b's perspective. I've flown about as far as I dare and never had any issue with control. If I tried an FPV setup I would guess I'd end up going further still.

Anyway... what I'm wanting to understand is what I would do if I bought something like the Turnigy 9x or a Futaba or whatever. Does the rx replace the pcb completely or do you connect it in somehow? I'm searching google and it seems like that the RX usually does all the work but what I'm not understanding at this point is how do things like gyros, gps, etc. come into the picture?
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:01 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
On some of the other toy forums (V911/V929/V939 etc.) people talk about using a Turnigy 9x to control their aircraft. I see on HK that you can get a TX and RX kit for about $60 (if they have stock).

The F45 seems to have a pretty decent setup from a totally n00b's perspective. I've flown about as far as I dare and never had any issue with control. If I tried an FPV setup I would guess I'd end up going further still.

Anyway... what I'm wanting to understand is what I would do if I bought something like the Turnigy 9x or a Futaba or whatever. Does the rx replace the pcb completely or do you connect it in somehow? I'm searching google and it seems like that the RX usually does all the work but what I'm not understanding at this point is how do things like gyros, gps, etc. come into the picture?
Look at the pictures of the latest conversion I on the brushless tail motor. That's exactly what I used, and Turnigy 9X transmitter and a Flysky 6 channel RX. I used that RX because that was all I needed and I had it and did not want to waste the Turnigy RX.

Pictures
Basic Instructions

As for the kit at topstoys, all I can sa is beware. The throttle channel in the PCB for the brushed motor does not supply a constant voltage. It is stick dependent. If it is only suppling say 4 volts at low throttle, I can't imagine the ESC not shutting down from low voltage and also getting hot, again from low voltage. Remember, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Once you get it, if it does not work, you are probably out your money as Chinese vendors do not often honour warranty. Buyer beware.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Last edited by BThirsk; Nov 15, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
Thx for the answers..

A quick one for the imax b6 owners..

Is it possible to charge the stock battery using the balancing plug only ?
Or it is necessary to use the discharge plug also.

I just bought a balancing board thinking that i can just charge multiple batteries using the balancing plug, but then i got unsure if the charger is actually charging from the balancing port or it is only balancing!!!
mumilove is offline Find More Posts by mumilove
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:49 PM
Too Old To Die:
United States, TX, Call
Joined Mar 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
If it flies anything like the V911, it will definately be a winner in the 400 FP Heli size.
I really like the paint scheme on the canopy. Looks to be well built, the side plates cover the main gear. I just got to have one. Went on Banggood.com and pre-ordered one. what ever that means ? I guess they will e-mail me when it is in stock. Oh! i did get a e-mail saying to check back with them next month.
BTW; how do you tell the size of a helicopter? The 9116 is 15" long, and the MJX 45 is 21" long. Are they between 200 & 400 size? If the V912 is just a little larger than the 9116, it can't be a 400. Are maybe i just don't know what i'm talking about.
OldSpool is offline Find More Posts by OldSpool
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:41 PM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumilove View Post
Thx for the answers..

A quick one for the imax b6 owners..

Is it possible to charge the stock battery using the balancing plug only ?
Or it is necessary to use the discharge plug also.

I just bought a balancing board thinking that i can just charge multiple batteries using the balancing plug, but then i got unsure if the charger is actually charging from the balancing port or it is only balancing!!!
Use both, the B6 should come with a JST to Banana Plug adapter
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:53 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSpool View Post
I really like the paint scheme on the canopy. Looks to be well built, the side plates cover the main gear. I just got to have one. Went on Banggood.com and pre-ordered one. what ever that means ? I guess they will e-mail me when it is in stock. Oh! i did get a e-mail saying to check back with them next month.
BTW; how do you tell the size of a helicopter? The 9116 is 15" long, and the MJX 45 is 21" long. Are they between 200 & 400 size? If the V912 is just a little larger than the 9116, it can't be a 400. Are maybe i just don't know what i'm talking about.
After looking at the. Real sizes, it would be more around a 250 size,
pretty close to my master cp.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Use both, the B6 should come with a JST to Banana Plug adapter
Thx for the answer, buy the question was IF it was necessary.

The parallel charging board: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...onnector_.html

My simple mind concluded that i just could use the balancing plug for charging...
IS THAT POSSIBLE or is the above board waste of money ?
mumilove is offline Find More Posts by mumilove
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:46 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:

The parallel charging board: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...onnector_.html

My simple mind concluded that i just could use the balancing plug for charging...
Not with most of the charges like the Imax/Turnigy. The would use just the JST plug for quick charge, but for balance you need both plugs or the charger won't start. I am sure there is no provision for using just the balance plug on these chargers.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:19 PM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
776 Posts
Quote:

I think it is possible however only for very LOW current charging. ie less than 1A. That parallel board is meant for use with packs that have the Deans T connector (that's what the red bits are). Unless you have batteries you will parallel charge that have T connectors you're wasting your time and money there.

For the safest option, always charge batteries with both the balance and discharge leads connected. Most chargers work best this way.
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Look at the pictures of the latest conversion I on the brushless tail motor. That's exactly what I used, and Turnigy 9X transmitter and a Flysky 6 channel RX. I used that RX because that was all I needed and I had it and did not want to waste the Turnigy RX.

Pictures
Basic Instructions

As for the kit at topstoys, all I can sa is beware. The throttle channel in the PCB for the brushed motor does not supply a constant voltage. It is stick dependent. If it is only suppling say 4 volts at low throttle, I can't imagine the ESC not shutting down from low voltage and also getting hot, again from low voltage. Remember, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Once you get it, if it does not work, you are probably out your money as Chinese vendors do not often honour warranty. Buyer beware.
Thanks for your quick review. It looked awfully simple compared to what you and others have had to formulate to obtain good results. I think I'll just buy a "box of motors" and replace them at the 50 flight (or so) interval! Just having too much fun flying these birds to mess with them too much.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:17 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Most here (incl. me) are convinced it is actually a Li-Ion 7.2v Battery. I charge my stock battery on my iMax B6 as a Li-Ion and I still get the usual 8-10 minutes flight time with it.

Some Li-Ion batteries can actually be 7.4v batteries, but if it isn't and you charge it as a LiPo, chances are you will damage the cells over time. Under charging will hurt it a LOT less than over charging
It is a Li-Lion battery.

It is very simple to work it out, Li-Lion batteries are incased in metal so they are hard round single cells the same as AA batteries sraped together.

Li-Po batteries are soft cells and they are flat rectangle cells placed ontop of each other.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:28 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Thanks guys, just the info I was after. By the looks of the back of this one (not to mention the price ) it's a "non-genuine article" and not worth even contemplating.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Im...r-p-46220.html

Wondering if you think a genuine Imax B6 would be something like what I should be looking for.

At the moment I'm flying (apart from the name) v911, so the stock usb charger I suppose is perfect for it. My intentions in the near future are to mod one or more v911s to take the batteries for mcpx etc and to get myself a F45 and a couple of Turnigy (or similar) batteries. I may or may not get into 6-ch CP flying sometime (probably will, to tell the truth ) but don't need to go there equipmentwise til it's set in stone. I have a battery voltage tester with buzzer on the way for the F45 and need to see about getting a charger.

Question is, is there anything else you would really recommend I get in the meantime given what I have in mind? If this is a bit off-topic, could someone hit me with a link to where it belongs.

Thanks for your time guys
Tigg
Ok there is nothing wrong with the non genuine B6 chargers they are the same unit as the genuine B6 as they are made in the same factory but they don't have the sticker on the bottom. I know this as I have spoken to the manufactura about them and they are all made by Skyartec just cheaper as they are not branded with the sticker.
There are many other products on the market that do the same thing they just brand them with another name ect.

For eg: Vacuum cleaners Electrolux also make Hoover and Volta vacuum cleaners which are all the same but sold at a different price because they are not branded with Electrolux.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig