Closed Thread
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:23 PM
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
There's definitely something wrong with your CMOS module. Wobbly and moving dirt, so it looks as if something internaly has broken off and the processor is receiving wavy information from the CMOS module.
I think you mentioned that you had opened and broken something. That's too bad, because this is a case for replacement. However, if you can solder SMD, you may be able to persuade the seller to send you a new CMOS module, including the cable, or maybe the'll give you a good discount on a new camera.

I'm afraid you don't have any other choice. A real bummer, I know.
Good luck
Unfortunately, the pliers I was holding the sensor with slipped and must have damaged something else on the circuit board, so It's difficult to know what needs replacing. Thanks for the suggestion though.
modea2 is offline Find More Posts by modea2
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:41 PM
United States, AR
Joined Mar 2009
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lead foot View Post
I've finally stepped up from the edvr to the #11. Looking at raw or natural test video with quicktime it jumps 2x per second like it has dropped some frames. After putting it on youtube to ask questions here I see it's nice & smooth. So first, does the raw vid require some conversion to clean it up even though it is an .mov file? Is quicktime possibly the culprit & I should use a different viewer? Or could my winxp system not be up to the task?

Other casues?

Thanks,
Doug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXx-hQakxrE
Try KM player It really improved playback on my ancient XP machine. Much better than VLC media player.

http://kmplayer.en.softonic.com/
Randbo39 is offline Find More Posts by Randbo39
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:35 PM
Stafford. UK.
Joined Feb 2009
88 Posts
Continuous camera mode

Hi Gents,

Is there a software fix so that when the #11 is in camera mode it takes photos at set intervals until the camera button is pressed again?.......

or do we have to solder in a servo channel controlled switch to fire off shots when we are in the air like this?

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=2718

Thanks,

Paul.
draxx is offline Find More Posts by draxx
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:02 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by draxx View Post
Hi Gents,

Is there a software fix so that when the #11 is in camera mode it takes photos at set intervals until the camera button is pressed again?.......

or do we have to solder in a servo channel controlled switch to fire off shots when we are in the air like this?

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=2718

Thanks,

Paul.
There is no auto photo mode with this camera. And worse, the photo mode records UPCONVERTED images, expanding the native still image 640x480 pixel frame size by about a factor of 4.05 to produce the still images it saves on the flash card. In effect, it records the equivalent of a digitally zoomed image, maybe with image enhancements, but compared to the video frames, the photos are blurry and less defined. Copying good individual still frames from the HD video normally produces better still images! This is not the best choice of cameras for shooting still images.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:15 PM
Stafford. UK.
Joined Feb 2009
88 Posts
Thank you Tom for the quick response, You've just saved me a tenner on one of those camera actuators

Paul.
draxx is offline Find More Posts by draxx
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:28 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Oct 2008
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Copying good individual still frames from the HD video normally produces better still images!
Especially if you do some processing on the video, like temporal noise reduction. Those filters analyze multiple frames to create a higher quality video (and also better stills).
mavlo77 is offline Find More Posts by mavlo77
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:55 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavlo77 View Post
Especially if you do some processing on the video, like temporal noise reduction. Those filters analyze multiple frames to create a higher quality video (and also better stills).
As does sharpening, saturation reduction, "hot spot" color correction and vignetting brightness/color correction (the latter being less of an issue with the stills due to the smaller 640x480 subsampled image from the sensor.

If we could only get a better CMOS/lens module, much of this would not be needed.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Aug 12, 2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:42 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Just wandering if my video quality could be improved if I update the firmware of my #11

Here is my 1st video posted on youtube ... done some time ago ... but not in the 2009

Tchuss

e_lm_70

Pawlowice - Wroclaw - Aerial Video (4 min 11 sec)

ps: I do direct streaming (no re-encoding) in all the processing ... actually I save the .MOV into AVI from VLC, and then I used VirtualDubMOD for convert into .mkv (this format is finally playable on my Samsung LE B6xx) as well via VirtualDubMOD I just crop the central part of the video, cutting the switch on and switch off phase that are quite booring ...
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:54 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Just wandering if my video quality could be improved if I update the firmware of my #11

Here is my 1st video posted on youtube ... done some time ago ... but not in the 2009

Tchuss

e_lm_70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxamn8RDOwo

ps: I do direct streaming (no re-encoding) in all the processing ... actually I save the .MOV into AVI from VLC, and then I used VirtualDubMOD for convert into .mkv (this format is finally playable on my Samsung LE B6xx) as well via VirtualDubMOD I just crop the central part of the video, cutting the switch on and switch off phase that are quite booring ...
What firmware does it now have? Have you updated it at all? If not, when did you get the camera. The best software is available for download in the link in post #3. Depending on what firmware you have, it might have some slight exposure improvements. It may not be all that noticeable, but it certainly won't make it worse.

BTW, If all you need to do is trim and repackage into .mkv container, you can do that with a direct copy using AviDemux editor, which imports the .MOV file directly and outputs in .mkv directly. MUCH easier than what you are currently doing.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:11 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
What firmware does it now have? Have you updated it at all? If not, when did you get the camera. The best software is available for download in the link in post #3. Depending on what firmware you have, it might have some slight exposure improvements. It may not be all that noticeable, but it certainly won't make it worse.

BTW, If all you need to do is trim and repackage into .mkv container, you can do that with a direct copy using AviDemux editor, which imports the .MOV file directly and outputs in .mkv directly. MUCH easier than what you are currently doing.
Thanks for the tip ...

The camera is some months old ... around 3 .... got it from eBay, from the best

I may try to update the firmware someday ...

Thanks a lot for all the info and help that you are putting on this thread

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:24 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Thanks for the tip ...

The camera is some months old ... around 3 .... got it from eBay, from the best

I may try to update the firmware someday ...

Thanks a lot for all the info and help that you are putting on this thread

Tchuss

e_lm_70
I forgot to mention, the time stamp can also be removed, which for many is a big improvement!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:36 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
Question about av cable

Hello,
Just joined today. I had a quick question about the camera. i can't get smooth playback on my laptop. It's definitely my old computer, because I tested the video on a friends newer computer and it plays perfectly. I tried the various converter programs and players but the video still freezes and jumps.
My question was if anyone knew of a cable that could hook the camera up to the AV jacks on my TV. My fuji digital camera has this and it works great. Is there such a cable, Fuji cable won't fit, and if so does anyone know what it would be called?

Thanks in advance, I hope to actually contribute to the discussion in the future.
Bowbuilder is offline Find More Posts by Bowbuilder
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:56 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowbuilder View Post
Hello,
Just joined today. I had a quick question about the camera. i can't get smooth playback on my laptop. It's definitely my old computer, because I tested the video on a friends newer computer and it plays perfectly. I tried the various converter programs and players but the video still freezes and jumps.
My question was if anyone knew of a cable that could hook the camera up to the AV jacks on my TV. My fuji digital camera has this and it works great. Is there such a cable, Fuji cable won't fit, and if so does anyone know what it would be called?

Thanks in advance, I hope to actually contribute to the discussion in the future.
This camera has no video-out jack, so you can't stream video out to a monitor with it.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:09 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
Thanks Tom,
Guess it's time to start saving for a newer laptop, LOL.
Bowbuilder is offline Find More Posts by Bowbuilder
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:22 PM
Joined Jul 2011
27 Posts
I recorded my first video mounted to my T-28. Is there anyway to limit video bounce? It's real bad at full throttle. Thanks!
RCRobbie is offline Find More Posts by RCRobbie
Last edited by RCRobbie; Aug 12, 2011 at 09:01 PM.
Closed Thread