HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:26 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,492 Posts
Darn internet keeps going off line!
Oh ok, now I have a question about Bob's ordeal. If that Xtreme head was made for an upper rotor that turned CW, could he reverse the polarity of the motors, and switch the upper and lower blades around to make the extended head work? (it probably wouldn't be the best for the motors to do that)
BTW good eyes Heli Pad!!
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:09 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,421 Posts
I'm Polish yet my upper rotor doesn't turn clockwise and I have serious doubts that ANY heli does.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:43 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
I'm Polish yet my upper rotor doesn't turn clockwise and I have serious doubts that ANY heli does.
It's been a while ago now, but someone was saying they had a helicopter that the rotors rotated the opposite direction of the CX2's. I can't remember the model they were talking about though.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:15 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
It's been a while ago now, but someone was saying they had a helicopter that the rotors rotated the opposite direction of the CX2's. I can't remember the model they were talking about though.
I think for the BOL size Artech/Blitzwork/Carson (all the same) was the one turning CCW on top
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:22 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,033 Posts
Man, I have been off this thread a while. Had to catch up tonight. HP, dang good job buddy!!!
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:04 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Lasakro, I don't own a CX2. But your chicken dance video was so intriguing that I have to chime in. I think you assembled the rotor head wrong.

In a 45 Flybar system. The FB should make a 45 angle with the LEADING edge of the rotor. I'm not familiar with the CX2 enough to tell you how the head should be assembled and how is it possible that you got it in the current configuration. But the picture tells me that the FB is making a 135 angle with the leading edge of the rotor. That's why you heli is not flyable.

See if you would agree with my assessment. If so, I'll let you figure out how to get it right, cause I have no idea.
Good job HP. I think you'll make a fine CP pilot

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:52 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,851 Posts
My flying buddy keeps telling me that if I want to be a good CP pilot, I need to leave the coaxial forum and concentrate on the CP. Well, as you could tell, I find myself still a bit useful around here. I guess that why I suck at CP. LOL
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:56 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,033 Posts
There are just too many good people in this area to leave it. And ya never know when you can get a chance to welcome and help a new member.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:35 PM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
i want to thank you guy for staying around too it helps us newbees
nathan
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:25 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnier00 View Post
i want to thank you guy for staying around too it helps us newbees
nathan
Nathan, what have you been doing with yours lately?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:15 AM
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
Quote:
Nathan, what have you been doing with yours lately?
Well i have been doing some flying, the heli been flying good except for some vibration in the top rotor I thank the fly bar is just a little to worn out. I was using a lama +12 rotor head and blade holder it worked ok (but). I'm going to change back to the +5 xtreme head and try a MicroHeli alum. fly bar and a set of xtreme alum. blade holders (bcx021, bcxo22) I got a good deal on the set. I liked the carbon fiber xtreme holders but the little screws where starting to strip. Maybe all that will help some, also checking the blade balance too, I was also using ceramic bearings but the ones i got had a lot of slop so going back to old school with them too.
Got my new er9x TX setup and using it on the CX, that change was like going from a VW to a BMW in self, love the programmable tx
I got a good deal from a friend on a trex 450 clone alum. frame so i guess I'm going to make the jump to CP when I can get the parts that are needed for it.

That all, how about you been flying the quad much?

PS the little Russian heli went to pieces on the first crash I thank i used the wrong paint or the material was just crap
Last edited by sonnier00; Feb 07, 2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:18 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,421 Posts
Sorry to hear your mods are not working out. I have the Xtreme CF grips and like them. It's hard to believe more expensive ceramic bearings have excessive slop.
I can see why quads have such a following. They would be better than the best heli because of their speed and agility, BUT, I just can't get the hang of them. I cannot get mine to turn like a heli. I've seen plenty of videos showing what they can do, but I just don't get it!!!!!! I'll wait for nice weather and go outside with them again, but if it doesn't work out, I'll sell them.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:17 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,625 Posts
Quote:
Sorry to hear your mods are not working out. I have the Xtreme CF grips and like them. It's hard to believe more expensive ceramic bearings have excessive slop.
I can see why quads have such a following. They would be better than the best heli because of their speed and agility, BUT, I just can't get the hang of them. I cannot get mine to turn like a heli. I've seen plenty of videos showing what they can do, but I just don't get it!!!!!! I'll wait for nice weather and go outside with them again, but if it doesn't work out, I'll sell them.
A quad will NEVER turn like a heli ... EVER!!!

And because they dont fly like helis (for example) I mostly lost interest in them and I am selling almost all the stuff I had for quads. I will keep Bonnie, because it was the first quad I ever owned and I will keep my HOTEN X. (because its awesome and I did a pretty smashing paint job on it ... ...)
All the other stuff will subsequently go on the classifieds ...

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:09 AM
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
Quote:
it's all good jack the CF grips are great I just got the alum. grips for $8 for the pair. I'm going fix the 4 small screw holes on the CF grips. They are much lighter so less mass to spin up so I'm sure i'll be putting them back on after there fixed The blue motors I'm using are so powerful on a 3s that the heavier mass will probably just strip the main gears more. I have been getting 15-20 mins of flying time on 3s 1600 mah and all most 10+mins on 2s 1000 mah so most of the mods have done what I want them to do. I'm just tinkering to see if i can't get better.
thanks to E2 the shafts have been working great and Luv pointing me to right part to use for the inter shaft it can take hit and I don't have to spend 30-45 mins fixing bent shafts. Because of the vibratio I have had to turn down the gain on the Olliw's ga250 coax mixer making flying a little more challenging.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:13 AM
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
Quote:
it's all good jack the CF grips are great I just got the alum. grips for $8 for the pair. I'm going fix the 4 small screw holes on the CF grips. They are much lighter so less mass to spin up so I'm sure i'll be putting them back on after there fixed The blue motors I'm using are so powerful on a 3s that the heavier mass will probably just strip the main gears more. I have been getting 15-20 mins of flying time on 3s 1600 mah and all most 10+mins on 2s 1000 mah so most of the mods have done what I want them to do. I'm just tinkering to see if i can't get better.
thanks to E2 the shafts have been working great and Luv pointing me to right part to use for the inter shaft it can take hit and I don't have to spend 30-45 mins fixing bent shafts.
Because of the vibration I have had to turn down the gain on the Olliw's ga250 coax mixer making flying a little more challenging.and that's why I'm tinkering on it