HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2013, 03:57 PM
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Joined Sep 2007
679 Posts
Rave
Multiplex LN-5014 Charger

Well, it gave up its ghost today. I can no longer activate it with the button.

I bought that charger when I came to electric flight eight years ago as an "e-saiplaner" after many years on the hi-starts. It's been my only charger. I paired it with an Astro-Flight Blinky balancer.

A fancy charger by today's standards...nope, but absolutely reliable.

I can't say how many charges I've done, but I fly almost every day weather permitting. That means two or three planes at the field with one charging and me flying the others. The 5014 was a reliable piece of equipment for me. I did have to repair a cracked button twice and was no stranger to "popping the hood" and carefully using air to clean things up.

The better news...I'm moving to the X-1 Touch which I just placed on order. Was I tempted by some other chargers? Sure, but I need something reliable with good support. A company with a phone number and knowledgeable staff at the other end.

Keep the good products coming.

Regards,
Dave
Highride is offline Find More Posts by Highride
to remove ads between posts