Dutchraptor is online now Find More Posts by Dutchraptor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:47 AM
United States, PA
Joined Feb 2013
87 Posts
Anything new with the sound system?

Good tip Danny. thanks.
I see you started the build thread for the new version of the Full Arduino control system. Between that radio project and this sound system, you guys are going to force me to build a boat!

HD
Heavy_Duty is offline Find More Posts by Heavy_Duty
Old Apr 13, 2014, 06:36 PM
---o-O-o---
United States, NJ, Livingston
Joined Mar 2012
1,432 Posts
Hello HD,

Nothing new with the sound system. We are moving into sailing season now, most of us will be busy with that . Also, I will soon start construction of a new radio system using Danny's plans. After this season, I am thinking about a new version for users who want something very simple and easy to use. The interface will be any smart phone with no hardware hacking needed. In the boat will be the sound system taking commands directly from the smart phone. It will be simple and not interface to the receiver, so it won't have the throttle following or switching features, just the sounds. The user will push on-screen buttons on the smart phone to start and stop the soundfx. Similar to the way it's done on model rr controllers. It's all conjecture right now, and depends on:
  1. what the users want and if I get a decent amount of interest
  2. how much range we can get in an ad-hoc wireless network between the smart phone and the boat.

That last item will require some testing to make sure the range is acceptable.

blutoh
blutoh is online now Find More Posts by blutoh
Last edited by blutoh; Apr 19, 2014 at 05:48 PM.