HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2014, 12:36 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little ROG View Post
Another snow day in Va. Beach. Setting up another plane. Used the sub trim omg so cool. I didn't realize the servo was moving it was so smooth and quiet. The more I use this radio the simpler it seems. This radio will do pretty much anything you can come up with. Slowing my retract servo down will be so nice.
The circuit of a standard retract servo is bang bang from one side to the other, it can not be slowed down.
Fortunately, there are many good cheap digital servo which are more powerful and can be used in place of standard servo.

Some good tips on retracts:
. Aurora 9 - Retract Servo Slow - Video of Heli Tri gear set up. (NB use analogue or digital servo as retract servos are 180* On/Off only
and cannot be slowed)post #5121. - Retract Curves post #5706.

. Aurora 9 - Retract Wheels - Lock Steerable Nose & Tail Wheels whilst retracted.
. Aurora 9 - Retract Wheels and Flaps Set up with Various Flight Conditions - posts #2052 & #2054.
. Aurora 9 - Retract Wheels - Three Position Switch (Down_Up_Down in lieu of two position Up/Down)

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, 9 X AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers Receivers Telemetry,
- FAQ, Setups & Tips.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2014, 01:34 PM
Va.Beach Va.
Joined Feb 2007
227 Posts
Oops that's rite I think I need a little gizmo between the servo n receiver. I thought I saw something about being able to slow it down.I will look again. That plane is a little ways off I don't even have a receiver for it yet. But I could have swore it could do that.
Little ROG is offline Find More Posts by Little ROG
Old Mar 04, 2014, 02:13 PM
Va.Beach Va.
Joined Feb 2007
227 Posts
Look at page 88.
Old Mar 04, 2014, 07:27 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,698 Posts
Quote:
Oops that's rite I think I need a little gizmo between the servo n receiver. I thought I saw something about being able to slow it down.I will look again. That plane is a little ways off I don't even have a receiver for it yet. But I could have swore it could do that.
Quote:
Look at page 88.
Page 88 of the manual refers to the slow down of all ordinary servo, not retract servos.
A retract servo does not have the normal circuit, just an on/off from one end to the other as confirmed:
. HS-75BB as described by Servocity:
"The HS-75BB is our only Hitec retract servo. Retract means that it was designed specifically for the landing gear of aircraft.
If you are thinking about using this servo for another application, you need to know that it is not a proportional servo.
It operates like a two position gearbox. "

Please re-read the information provided post #361.

Further information is available under sub section:
Retract Undercarriage, Flaps and payload release"
below

Alan T.
Old Mar 05, 2014, 06:34 PM
Va.Beach Va.
Joined Feb 2007
227 Posts
Like I said the radio will do most anything you can come up with. That servo can't be slowed down by anything and most of us use just ordinary servo's. I can slow down any channel I want and put that channel on any switch I want even if it's wrong. Since this radio is totally programmable the only limit is your imagination.
Old Mar 08, 2014, 02:05 PM
Va.Beach Va.
Joined Feb 2007
227 Posts
That servo stuff is pretty simple to us old timers. Allen I have the telemetry issue of not getting the max reading. I have the a9x and an optima 7 receiver. Do I need the firmware upgrade for the receiver or the transmitter ? I have seen the posts but it seems like they are referring to the a9 so I really can't figure this one out. When I look at the radio information it says I have version 1.00 is that what version of firmware I have ?
Old Mar 08, 2014, 02:40 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,698 Posts
Quote:
That servo stuff is pretty simple to us old timers. Allen I have the telemetry issue of not getting the max reading.
I have the a9x and an optima 7 receiver.
Do I need the firmware upgrade for the receiver or the transmitter ?
I have seen the posts but it seems like they are referring to the a9 so I really can't figure this one out.
When I look at the radio information it says I have version 1.00 is that what version of firmware I have ?
Your Aurora 9X has the current operating system, there have been no upgrades as yet.

The majority of the information provided on the A9 FAQ page also relates to the A9X which is simply
an enhanced version of the Aurora 9.

"I have the telemetry issue of not getting the max reading." is not understood, what reading are you referring to?

Alan T.
Old Mar 08, 2014, 03:14 PM
Va.Beach Va.
Joined Feb 2007
227 Posts
On the easy view screen it has the current speed an altitude and below it shows max speed n altitude in a box and sometimes I see a rct or rsd box don't remember which ? Next to the altitude max reading. On one of the posts it said if you use imperial setting the radio won't hold the max reading on altitude and won't sense over 64 mph. On just the two flights I used it I got no max altitude reading and exactly the same high speed reading of 65 mph full throttle straight down.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 04:21 PM
Norway, Hedmark, Hamar
Joined Sep 2009
68 Posts
Two questions:

Just got my new 9X and there are some defects.
The side sliders, where can I find replacements? One is to hard to move, I can barely move it with one finger, and the other beeps out of center.

And is there some way to read my stored model files? I backed up my old A9 to my computer after seeing a video on youtube that I could transfer them to my new A9X using the HPP-22, but I guess that was not the case. I sold my A9 and now I have 22 setup files for my models on my computer that I can't access. I hate thinking that I need to reprogram 22 models manually in to my new radio.
Denominator is offline Find More Posts by Denominator
Old Mar 12, 2014, 04:32 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denominator View Post
Two questions:
Just got my new 9X and there are some defects.
The side sliders, where can I find replacements? One is to hard to move,
I can barely move it with one finger, and the other beeps out of center.
And is there some way to read my stored model files?
I backed up my old A9 to my computer after seeing a video on youtube that I could transfer them to my new A9X using
the HPP-22, but I guess that was not the case.
I sold my A9 and now I have 22 setup files for my models on my computer that I can't access.
I hate thinking that I need to reprogram 22 models manually in to my new radio.
1. Best to refer back to your LHS for a replacement or direct to:
Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
service@hitecrcd.com any time you have a question"
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

2. An HPP-22 is a must for transferring files except at this stage the Command Center doe not permit action <> A9X.

3. Files can not be transferred from an A9 to A9X as they use different processors, see note dated 14Mar2013.
. . Aurora 9X - FAQ - Relevant A9X Questions & Answers on all forums todate

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, 9 X AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers Receivers Telemetry,
- FAQ, Setups & Tips.

Alan T.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 08:08 PM
Norway, Hedmark, Hamar
Joined Sep 2009
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
1. Best to refer back to your LHS for a replacement

Yea, that would have been the best solution. But I bought the A9X from a seller on Ebay in the US, I live in Norway, and I have experienced that this can cause some problem. Shipping it back cost way more then shipping it to me.
I I could get my hand on these two sliders, I can change them out myself without any problems. I changed out some broken flip switches on my A9 and it worked out great

Hitec should make a program making it posible to read the stored files from the A9, so we at least could see what we had the models set up like
Denominator is offline Find More Posts by Denominator
Old Mar 12, 2014, 08:36 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,326 Posts
Cal hitec. They will sell you the flips
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Apr 06, 2014, 06:40 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,210 Posts
Had issue with my maxima 9 on a plane with an os gt. 33 gas motor every time I started the motor the rx would lock out. But had no problems on my other plane with da 60 with same components except the motors
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Apr 06, 2014, 06:43 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,210 Posts
Worked find with optima9 rx but not with maxima. Could the ignition be the culprit? I isolated with a 4.8v battery and still had same issue, rx works on my other plane no problems.
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Apr 06, 2014, 06:50 PM
Go fast, pull up.
United States, NY, Clarence Center
Joined Nov 2008
1,207 Posts
If you're using a Maxima, EVERY servo is digital correct? It's designed for pure Digital, so an anolog servo in play could be a problem.

If your using all Digital, then it sounds like you may have found a bug in the software that needs to be looked at. Hitec had a problem before with ignition engines, which is what caused the patch 1.08 for the Aurora 9 if I'm not mistaken.
Fidelity101 is online now Find More Posts by Fidelity101
RCG Plus Member