HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:22 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,183 Posts
Discussion
Wingthing2

For those of you that purchased the wingthing2 first id like to say thanx and hope it has worked well! Ive have had a couple questions re the CG which is 4.5
in.back from the point, thats where they fly. Anyone contenplating purchasing one of these wings or has in the past and have any questions is more than welcome to contact us at any time
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; Mar 29, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:15 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
I will be working on getting the gear in mine this week... forcast is for rain through the weekend so i will build and plan to fly on the first clear day

construction is solid and well thought out the wing is pretty stiff, a good thing for wing over 70mph....

Once i have it dialed in i will start video taping the flights.. actually will film most of the flights including the maiden always good to have the dial in sessions filmed for fun...
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:34 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi View Post
I will be working on getting the gear in mine this week... forcast is for rain through the weekend so i will build and plan to fly on the first clear day

construction is solid and well thought out the wing is pretty stiff, a good thing for wing over 70mph....

Once i have it dialed in i will start video taping the flights.. actually will film most of the flights including the maiden always good to have the dial in sessions filmed for fun...
thanx again for taking on this project
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:52 PM
Krued Up
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Jul 2004
4,313 Posts
I will b starting the build tomorrow,what is suggested as far as setup?
snolord1 is offline Find More Posts by snolord1
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snolord1 View Post
I will b starting the build tomorrow,what is suggested as far as setup?
setup is a piece of cake! cut your servo slots and CA 2 thin ply strips under each servo lug for screws to go in, make sure control rods line up with the horns, mount your gear and go, main thing is get the CG right and is 4.5 back from the point, thats where they fly. The wing likes to go fast and dont know what motor your running but assuming its atleast 2900KV if not more. elevon deflection is around 25-30 degrees depending where your comfortable, but is a starting point.

The carbon L.E. enhances both strength and manuverabilty as the carbon strips on the elevons which keeps them striaght and from flexing. cut some slots for the EZ install horns and CA in............... The wing will flip on its back and stay thier with a flick of the stick. rememeber this is a flat wing with a unique semi airfoil built-in and will do most tricks. The wing is built for high speeds but will slow down and stay thier depending on your flying skills. My setup will go vertical and spec out in about 6 seconds! but again being its so versatile can do almost anything the pilot can do.......... let us know how it goes and stay tuned for upcoming in-flight footage
Last edited by lectroglide; Apr 13, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:43 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Sleeper2

SLEEPER2 By Foam-Tec Design By LectroGlide (7 min 12 sec)
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Jan 15, 2014, 06:02 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,183 Posts
Nice job paul however with the right power system the model will push around the 100 mph mark.