HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:52 AM
Brazil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Mar 2009
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi, we have that feature on our UI request list, but have not gotten to it yet.
Bill,
Can u answer this?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=881
I made the post 3 times in there, without any responses.
junioro16v is offline Find More Posts by junioro16v
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Hi, sorry that question got missed! We have that feature in our queue, but several issues need to be addressed, and I don't know when or where the feature will be available. Sorry I can't be more precise about this right now!
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:49 PM
Brazil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Mar 2009
319 Posts
Quote:
Hi, sorry that question got missed! We have that feature in our queue, but several issues need to be addressed, and I don't know when or where the feature will be available. Sorry I can't be more precise about this right now!
Well. At least I got an answer. Thanks Bill.
And about this?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=154
junioro16v is offline Find More Posts by junioro16v
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:58 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Hi Junior, it's still in the same status as I posted here. Our UI guy is working on some cool stuff ahead of this.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:56 AM
France, Bourgogne, Nevers
Joined Feb 2012
400 Posts
E-logger app won't work with laptop

Help!
My e-logger V4 works fine with my home computer- Win7 64 bit, running elogger application version 10.53., e-logger V. 1.22
When I downloaded the newest App (V.10.44) to my laptop, trouble began. I can't find app version 10.53, so gotta run with the release 10.44
The laptop is an Acer 3302WXMi runnin Pentium "M"740 at 1.73 gig 533 mhz FSB 2mbL2 Cache. Running XP. Slow, but we're not predicting weather patterns here-should work.
When my e-logger v.1.22 is hooked up to laptop, it wants to back-update to V. 1.21, and when I try, the update fails, with error codes 144 or 128, so I can't use the laptop for anything- can't get past the update stage..
Ideas?
wazoo22 is offline Find More Posts by wazoo22
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:09 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Hi, it sounds like there's an incompatibility with your laptop and the eLogger. It would be an issue with the USB subsystem, rather than processor power.

If you have one available, could you try a USB hub with your laptop? That will probably fix it.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:50 AM
Joined Feb 2012
400 Posts
Quote:
Hi, it sounds like there's an incompatibility with your laptop and the eLogger. It would be an issue with the USB subsystem, rather than processor power.

If you have one available, could you try a USB hub with your laptop? That will probably fix it.
Thanks, billpa. Will try one.
I forgot to mention that when the software is called on my laptop, without any device, it says I must hook up something from Eagle tree first. On the main computer it just loads and shows the regular PC instrument page.
Why the difference?

Another issue:
When I use the tachometer intended for brushless -with the two wires that hook to the motor leads- the tach works fine, as long as the motor is running. However, when the throttle is backed off to zero, the rpm reading will begin to jump from zero to about 5,000 erratically but often enough to produce an almost solid band of erroneous traces in that range when I chart the data.
Could it be counting stray pulses? From where? ESC is off.
What to do?

Thanks, Bill, in advance.
Jim
Last edited by wazoo22; Feb 14, 2013 at 07:01 AM. Reason: unclear at first
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:05 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo22 View Post
... When the throttle is off, the rpm jumps from zero to about 5,000 erratically but often enough to produce an almost solid band of erroneous traces in that range when I chart the data.
Could it be counting stray pulses? From where? ESC is off.
What to do?
Mine too (presuming I'm interpreting your description correctly) -- and I find it particularly frustrating, making me really not like the results the product is providing. As a result, as much as I was originally excited I've hardly used my ET system in several months.
Bill(pa) I don't mean to sound so negative -- unfortunately that's just the way it is.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:17 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
wazoo, once the software detects the type of device you are using (in your case the eLogger) it will configure itself for that device, and won't put up that message again. So, getting it detected on the laptop once is all that's required.

wazoo/starhopper, there are a few things that can cause the pulses you are seeing when the ESC is not running:

1) ESC brake. Some ESCs can be configured to provide a braking function, which actually sends pulses to the ESC, which the sensor detects. Assumning you are using the eLogger with prop planes, you can usually tell if this is the case by hand-rotating the prop with the ESC powered, and then with it unpowered, an seeing if you see a change.

2) 50/60hz line noise. If you are seeing this only when the system is in your house, and perhaps only when connected to your PC, it's likely line noise from your AC power being picked up by the sensor. The eLogger tries to filter this out, but sometimes harmonics still get through. It tries to filter out both 50Hz and 60Hz, FWIW.

ESC 'song' - I'm assuming you're seeing the spikes some time other than when the ESC is making its startup tones with the motor? The eLogger actually tries to filter those out too, but some of them are harder to filter than others.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:17 AM
Joined Feb 2012
400 Posts
Quote:
wazoo, once the software detects the type of device you are using (in your case the eLogger) it will configure itself for that device, and won't put up that message again. So, getting it detected on the laptop once is all that's required.

wazoo/starhopper, there are a few things that can cause the pulses you are seeing when the ESC is not running:

1) ESC brake. Some ESCs can be configured to provide a braking function, which actually sends pulses to the ESC, which the sensor detects. Assumning you are using the eLogger with prop planes, you can usually tell if this is the case by hand-rotating the prop with the ESC powered, and then with it unpowered, an seeing if you see a change.

2) 50/60hz line noise. If you are seeing this only when the system is in your house, and perhaps only when connected to your PC, it's likely line noise from your AC power being picked up by the sensor. The eLogger tries to filter this out, but sometimes harmonics still get through. It tries to filter out both 50Hz and 60Hz, FWIW.

ESC 'song' - I'm assuming you're seeing the spikes some time other than when the ESC is making its startup tones with the motor? The eLogger actually tries to filter those out too, but some of them are harder to filter than others.
Bill, in my case there's no song or brake, so it may well be 50 cycle hum.
Can't find my spare usb hub, so not sure yet.
Thanks for the help.
Jim
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:51 PM
Sky Raider
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
345 Posts
So I recently got an eagleTree system v4 logger and osd etc. I was wiring it all up recently and accidentally connected a +v wire to the Tmp 2 + pin from the 3s battery powering the camera/vtx in hopes to get the voltage readout on the OSD. I did this without a 15k resistor. Since then, I get no OSD on my screen, and trying to plug in my eLogger to the computer just locks up the software as soon as I plug it in. The logger also seems to get quite hot quickly if plugged in.

Anything I can do about this, or how can I troubleshoot?

Thanks!
surf1punk is offline Find More Posts by surf1punk
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QAV400 quadcopter with CC3D
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:06 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Hi, unfortunately it sounds like the microcontroller on the eLogger was destroyed by the high voltage from the battery. The rest of the system is probably ok. If you open a ticket with us, we can offer a replacement at considerably lower cost than a new one, if that helps.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:55 PM
Sky Raider
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
345 Posts
Quote:
Hi, unfortunately it sounds like the microcontroller on the eLogger was destroyed by the high voltage from the battery. The rest of the system is probably ok. If you open a ticket with us, we can offer a replacement at considerably lower cost than a new one, if that helps.
Thanks, will follow up on the ticket.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:22 PM
Sky Raider
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
345 Posts
I just got a replacement v4 logger and I want to connect a 3s battery, which is powering my Vtx and camera to temp 2 sensor for voltage readout. I have a resistor now, 15k 1% 1/4 watt, putting this inline with the + line from the 3s battery to the elogger into center pin on temp 2 should work right? I wasn't sure how much wattage was going to be required, is the 1/4 watt enough?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:32 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Hi, that resistor should be perfect!
Site Sponsor