HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2010, 02:33 PM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2009
251 Posts
Build Log
Stork 4 Electro

Electro version of a successful field proven fully-moulded F3J glider with completelly new fuselage and lighter (but strong enough) wing. You can enjoy flying your Stork just for fun or you can utilize its potential and fly electric soaring contests. Stork is ideal for an altitude limited FXJ (and F5J) where you can circle in weak thermals in small altitude over the ground far away and then fly back thanks to F3J flying characteristics.
Wingspan is 356 cm now. Empty weight is 1280 g so you can reach RTF weight 2100 g easily. For the completition of the model you just need to install accessories(everything you need is contained) and innards.
Manufacturer Patrik Heinrich ( http://www.heinrich.sk/index.html ) is producing composite models for almost 20 years and Stork 4 is at the top of evolution...
So let´s have a look how it is done
Marko Gala is offline Find More Posts by Marko Gala
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2010, 12:41 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,279 Posts
Nice pictures on the web site

http://www.heinrich.sk/pages/stork4_elektro.html
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Last edited by 320pilot; Dec 01, 2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2010, 02:00 PM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2009
251 Posts
It is hard to say which matter of 2 in the picture is more sympathic
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:49 AM
Europe - Belgium
Joined Mar 2005
1,521 Posts
That does not matter at all, as you dont "use" them simultaniously.
Speaking of that, maybe to give it a try someday

BTW, nice to see a out of the mainstream fine model in the forum, thx for the posts.
Regards, Jurgen
Jurgen is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:34 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2009
251 Posts
hey,hey ! That is manufacturer´s wife so be careful
Old Dec 02, 2010, 01:06 PM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2009
251 Posts
Another bunch of photos...
Old Dec 03, 2010, 12:26 AM
Europe - Belgium
Joined Mar 2005
1,521 Posts
My sorry,I have the greatest respect for all the Chech people, making the f3x scene. The joke was intended generalising, instead of personally.
J.
Jurgen is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen
Old Dec 03, 2010, 04:15 AM
Joined Sep 2009
348 Posts
I & a couple of friends have purchased Stork 4's, so a bit of info on the build would not go amiss.

Can you detail what motor you are using. Looking at the photo's it would appear that there has been another motor mount added in front of the fibreglass one supplied, can you confirm , please.
As a tip I have found that grinding a groove with a Dremel, behind the motor plate around the fuselage wall, not to deep to weaken it, gives the epoxy a good grip to prevent the motor knocking it backwards on a heavy landing. The normal taper on model noses, act's like a relief taper as on moulds.

Do the wings need the extra reinforcement that you have added to the servo bays, if using servos which are mounted on a tray as Hyperion 095's?
Essex BOF is offline Find More Posts by Essex BOF
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:06 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2009
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
My sorry,I have the greatest respect for all the Chech people, making the f3x scene. The joke was intended generalising, instead of personally.
J.
I understand, do not worry. No problem
BTW ...Stork is made in Slovakia
Old Dec 03, 2010, 09:10 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2009
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex BOF View Post
I & a couple of friends have purchased Stork 4's, so a bit of info on the build would not go amiss.

Can you detail what motor you are using. Looking at the photo's it would appear that there has been another motor mount added in front of the fibreglass one supplied, can you confirm , please.
As a tip I have found that grinding a groove with a Dremel, behind the motor plate around the fuselage wall, not to deep to weaken it, gives the epoxy a good grip to prevent the motor knocking it backwards on a heavy landing. The normal taper on model noses, act's like a relief taper as on moulds.

Do the wings need the extra reinforcement that you have added to the servo bays, if using servos which are mounted on a tray as Hyperion 095's?
Hi, I am using Hacker b40 6L F5F carbon motor with 5,2:1 gear box on 4S 2600 lipols. With RF 17x13 prop current reaches peak 230 A (used CC ICE 100 without problems). Climb rate is 35 m/s. This configuration is perfect for current power-based so called "EURO F5J" rules. The same powerful but more Amps friendly is drive unit used by Rok for his Hyper AVA:
"Motor: Mega 16/25/2
Gearbox: KPG 25 5.2:1
Controler: YGE 80A
Bateries: 1800Mah 6S 43C
Propeller: 14x9 or 13x10 "
or different types of Mega motors - 16/35/1 etc.
For FXJ you do not need so fast climbing (at least 10 m/s) I am using max. 3S lipos for the above mentioned Hacker or wide variety of much cheaper motors.
Yes, there has been another motor mount added. It is not neccesary, single motor mount is absolutelly sufficient and strong enough.
Yes, it is perfect sign of Stork´s fuses and strengthens its whole front part.
You really do not have a problem on a heavy landings because almost every motor has axial free motion = when motor is working force drags away spinner from fuse (1mm gap so it can spin without contact with fuse) and when spinner hits the ground its all circumference is in contact with mould part of motor mount so forces are absorbed by fuse and not by motor (gearbox) shaft.
That carbon is there from produce. There have been no reinforcements added to the bay by me. My servo (Savox 0255MG) with home-made frame is just simply glued inside.
If you would like to use flat Hyperion 095 servos you will need to add some material under mountings to screw in screws.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 09:21 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2009
251 Posts
In general you do not need to add any extra reinforcement to Stork Electro. It is done to be able to sustain heavy landings and to be light as well. That comment "One of carbon reinforcements in the glass light electro wing tips" should express that only the most stressed parts of wing tips contain carbon (of course there is carbon centre part of the wing also at the Electro version of Stork).
Old Dec 03, 2010, 06:39 PM
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Sep 2007
370 Posts
I have a stork 4 F3j glider. Is the new tail for both the electric and the f3j glider? How can I order one in the USA? thanks.

Randy
burke757 is online now Find More Posts by burke757
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:02 PM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,914 Posts
Stork 4 Electro

Randy,

I think you do have the larger tail now on your Stork 4....
These models are available in US from us if there is any interest.
Patrik is one of the best builders out there, we love his models!
Any questions?
bob@soaringusa.com

Best,
Bob
Bro is offline Find More Posts by Bro
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 04, 2010, 04:05 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2009
251 Posts

Bob, thanks.
Randy - Yes, new bigger tail is the same for both versions of Stork 4.
It is also recommended for smaller (3,2m) Stork 2 V-tail and Stork 3.
Last edited by Marko Gala; Dec 04, 2010 at 10:53 AM.