SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Dec 2009
415 Posts
Ya, I spent an hour the other night laboriously sorting all the models I imported from my DX9 into my DX18 and now I have to go back and do it on my 9 too, :-(

I still can't believe these "Computer" radios can't just be plugged into a COMPUTER to take advantage of the rich user interface that can only be provided by a mouse, keyboard, and dual 27" monitors!
Yeti1234 is offline Find More Posts by Yeti1234
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM
aka: Scott Ellis
United States, MT, Billings
Joined Dec 2012
1,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti1234 View Post
Ya, I spent an hour the other night laboriously sorting all the models I imported from my DX9 into my DX18 and now I have to go back and do it on my 9 too, :-(

I still can't believe these "Computer" radios can't just be plugged into a COMPUTER to take advantage of the rich user interface that can only be provided by a mouse, keyboard, and dual 27" monitors!
Yeah, you'd think that would happen, wouldn't you?
Xeric is offline Find More Posts by Xeric
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
26,049 Posts
Sounds like you want HDMI and USB host ports on there!

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,586 Posts
Only if it supports 2 monitors, though.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2007
524 Posts
I dunno... after using computers a good portion of the day at work, I'm kinda glad I don't have to use one for my hobby..
fizzwater2 is online now Find More Posts by fizzwater2
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2012
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
Wasn't than announced in the DX256?
ronaldj is offline Find More Posts by ronaldj
Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
26,049 Posts
DX256 stimulates your brain directly. No need for display, sticks, vibe, or sound.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
26,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwater2 View Post
I dunno... after using computers a good portion of the day at work, I'm kinda glad I don't have to use one for my hobby..
That's EXACTLY how I feel!

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,586 Posts
Its kinda like the eyephone...

Futurama- Eyephone (0 min 46 sec)
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:46 AM
Joined Sep 2007
16 Posts
Quote:
QUOTE=AndyKunz;30628627]No, it shows you on the Monitor screen what you should have plugged in and where.
This is the "Ah Ha" moment! I went back thru the setup and 1. THR changes to MOT, 3. ELE changes to REL, and 4. RUD changes to LEL after V-Tail A is selected. So, as you say the Tx tells you where to plug in the servos. How much simpler could it be?

Quote:
Yes, the logic is evident once you start playing. One of the design goals was to make the radio usable (not fully self-explanatory, but usable) without a manual. Many of the people online here will attest to the success of that method.
I agree completely ; that goal has been surpassed!

Quote:
If anybody made a full-scale plane V-tail without ailerons he'd probably get laughed out of town. Yes, it's possible, but you need to have the right dihedral to make it work. It's just not nearly as efficient or safe as having controls for all axes.
I was trying to ask if control surface movement was the same for models and real airplanes, but that's a question that does not need an answer!

Quote:
Go back and look again. It's there. Both versions.
I had checked the manual and meant to delete that statement, but forgot.

Quote:
The Monitor screen shows you what to plug into each servo port. The ports are in order. Use the same order on the ports as you see in the screen.
Quote:
Yes, and the Monitor is telling you where to do it too.
Andy
I also looked at Channel Assignment and the same changes that show up in Monitor also appear here. I had more or less skipped over the Monitor paragraph that says ". . . is useful to verify programming functions, trim settings, mix directions, etc."

It just did not occur to me that the labels were changing even though I had looked at Monitor to check which channels were moving when sticks were moved. Today I looked thru the manual and found other examples where default channel labels had changed. This makes everything a lot easier to understand and changes the whole game!
Steve1916 is offline Find More Posts by Steve1916
Old Today, 02:07 AM
United States, KS, Newton
Joined Aug 2005
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
Devo 10 has model programing, firmware updating via the USB cable with Deviation. Miss those features a little on my Spectrum DX9. Would like to lose the SD card and go to USB cable programing. Sending unit back to Horizon for a botched update.......wish that would never happen.
ufoman is online now Find More Posts by ufoman