View Poll Results: If you are reading this thread are you an IOM owner
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM
Calgary Alberta, Canada
Joined Feb 2008
298 Posts
Well crunchy looks like no one uses that combo? Go power sails from NewZealand, just the name alone is cool!
A.B. is online now Find More Posts by A.B.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Gringo42
United States, MI, Canton
Joined Jul 2014
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedFlack View Post
Sounds like typical Sailing Anarchy crap, anything to make a headline. If you read the thread the guy doing all the whining finally admitted that it happened in 2005.
There from the the land east of the Hudson River,,,, what do you expect!
Gringo42 is offline Find More Posts by Gringo42
Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM
United States, CT, Essex
Joined Mar 2013
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo42 View Post
There from the the land east of the Hudson River,,,, what do you expect!
That's right... well played.

Personally, I cannot speak to the issue that took place in 2005, what I can say is that I have hosted two events here in CT and both times (2013,2014), the Central Park folks have come. They have been good competitors, extremely appreciative of our efforts and have been a great group to sail with. They are very eager to restore IOM Sailing to this area and have been willing to work to that end.

SJ
SailingJunkie is offline Find More Posts by SailingJunkie
Last edited by SailingJunkie; Yesterday at 10:08 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM
Joined May 2013
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy Frog View Post
So I'm looking at a new rig/sails combo. Thinking of BG rig and the Croatian one-panel sails. Anybody with this combination want to comment on how well these work together?
When you say a BG rig do you mean as specified for BG sails? In which case, if you do order sails from Zvonko you'll find he has his own very definite, specific and unusually detailed ideas on how a rig should be set up for his gear. Don't see a mix and match working for you.
Emintaka is offline Find More Posts by Emintaka
Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM
IBEX Lair, Cavalero Hill
United States, WA, Lake Stevens
Joined May 2012
21 Posts
rig/sails mix no match

Ahe Calgary,
I agree with Emi' just to add: If you have a fresh spar ready to prebend and drill, go with the Jelacic numbers. If you are sailing on a budget and you want to use your old BG rig for your 3Dmonofilm sails, I say go for it. Comparing both BG and Jelacic setups: both have relative low shrouds (BG slightly lower) and spreaders are ballpark (Jelacic moves his). Pre-bend is similar (Jelacic has more) and Jib pivot point is close. As I say, go for it and let us know. IOM rigs are designed to be very tunable for even the most bastardly combinations.

Click on photo for Invitation.
USA 42 is offline Find More Posts by USA 42