SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 10:01 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umdpru View Post
You can't upload the FrSky 2.0.9 firmware via companion. It needs to be flashed using the DeFuse tool.
You can flash FrSKY 2.0.9 fw via companion.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 10:06 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
Well it's certainly more than possible that I'm confused - but I have 2 files I've downloaded to my computer that I believed were digital firmware update files for the XJT module - their titles are opentx_x9dp_mode1_1010.dfu and a similar one for mode2. They are both 385 KB which I think is a lot smaller than the OpenTX firmware files for the transmitter (which can be easily uploaded to the transmitter by Companion anyway - I've already done that - I'm on 2.0.15 and the S-bus issue remains). The only thing that's stopped me uploading the DFU files is that on both my computers, the transmitter is not being recognised as a DFU device by the DfuSe software (in spite of appearing as a correctly working device in control panel).

In the 22 min long video (I've seen shorter biographies!) the file he uploaded that caused his S-bus channels to start working was one of those, and he used DfuSe to do it.

I'll be doing the XJT module update when my SPort cables arrive from Aloft (tracking says they're on their way). In the meantime my Hexacopter is working with all functions, just using one extra receiver to get the extras.

Cheers,
Richard
You don't need SPort cable for flashing internal XJT and external SPort devices. You can do this with Taranis...but you need different firmware.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Today, 11:09 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
5,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikraj View Post
I have x8R and Taranis,,working great
after my quad fall out just 1 meter my x8R just dead,,

when I give 5v ,, there is no lED light at all,, theres no Hot/warm component

when i try to test with multimeter obviously the ground pins on the SBUS port, 1-8 channel and RSSI port, they not connect to any ground wiring on the PCB layout,, this is normal??

so I try to give 5 volt via Smart port, because the ground pin is connect to the ground wiring on PCB layout, but still no LED at all
maybe someone have any suggest,,

I 'm asking help to sales4tech@gmail.com
The Answer is:

"Seems the power chip of the receiver has some problem, please contact our dealers for inspection and after sales service."

just info :
-one of my Antena pcb is broke from cable,, but i still can fly before fall out

I Hope someone can Help,,
thanks
Get it looked at under warantee , nothing much you can do your self I fear.

I have a x6r waiting to be installed in a glider, it has those antennae on it, I am going to change them to the normal ones before I fly , this is not the first report of them coming off.
Did you have them fixed firmly in place or just dangling?
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Today, 11:54 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2006
2,150 Posts
I would think the rf IC would have some rf (SWR) protection. That said one should never operate with any antenna damage as it is a tuned system. Any change in the antenna length, shorted antenna, no antenna, can and may have damaged the rf ic. If this was a receive only setup your range would be compromised and you could expect loss of control or dead spots. Being that this is also a transmitting antenna system, this is where the overheating or other damage to the rf IC can happen. The fact that the receiver seems really dead makes me think there is more damage to other components due to the crash.
Basically, the damaged antenna system could have caused the crash, ( we all agree) and the crash then damaged other receiver parts like the regulator IC.
If you purchased your receiver from a Frsky distributer that honors the Frsky warranty, they may just replace it for free. This is where the dealer is more important than the price. Free replacements.
Either way, you need to ground this receiver and try a new one, maybe without the PCB antennas? Even if you manage to wiggle/tap it back to life, it's damaged!
Please post your progress on a replacement, free or not free, and the dealer.
Helps others decide on where to purchase for after sales support.
Sorry for your loss.
SM
showmaster is online now Find More Posts by showmaster
Old Today, 12:00 PM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
3,598 Posts
Hey pilots whats your take on this: Do rare earth mini mags have any negative
impact on RF signal? In my new PAK-FA T50 I was going to place the X8R in nose
and the PCB antennas in cone, but I have the mini mags there, any thoughts if this is a bad idea!?
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; Today at 12:20 PM.
Old Today, 12:44 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2006
2,150 Posts
The PCB antennas "clustered" together in the same polarization and that close IMO will be more of an issue than any near field magnets. Any metal against or closer than a wavelength to the antennas can affect antenna resonance, detune it. I don't think the magnets are close enough for that. I'm sure a strong magnetic field can shape the antenna gain but I've never seen any posts that verify that.
Myself, I'd have one antenna forward into the cone, the other going back into the fuse, not up against any wiring.
Better yet, cats whisker antennas that you could insert in tubes to better route them in clear areas and polarization.
Fortunate thanks to real time RSSI and voice alerts, you'll know early on if you have a range issue. Long before any loss of control would happen. For insurance on your first flights, set you RSSI higher than 42/43 and see what the displayed numbers end up being.
I don't think the magnets are an issue but you have the ability to verify that in air safely.
I hate saying "never" when $ are at risk.
Ground range check is good to do always but it's just ball park.
showmaster is online now Find More Posts by showmaster
Old Today, 01:00 PM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
5,051 Posts
I agree, move the antennae apart and at 90 degree angles to each other.
Wiska ones are easier and less likely to to fall off!

I just swapped my x6r over to wiskas, was small and fidely but I am much happier about using it now.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Today, 01:23 PM
C17 Instructor
Yorkshire, England
Joined May 2004
279 Posts
Taranis RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
I thought the Taranis transmitted data for 8 channels every 9ms regardless of mode?

Fred
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post
Yeah- If I remember back it was discussed that stand alone X Series transmit at 9ms, but if you add an SBus or 2nd X series Rx like 2 x X8Rs it drops to 18ms across all channels- no time now to search for those posts!
Hi Guys

I'm sorry but this is gonna sound like a moan, its not honest.

I think I said in the post I made Taranis RF Signal Put Simply that it was not complete because my Spectrum Analyser, whilst a superb bit of kit, is simply not an industrial device costing 10's of thousands of pounds. So it can only scan 10 to 11 times a second which means in cannot measure the time between pulses given a Taranis could be transmitting at a 100 times a second for all we know.

What it did do is offer a visualisation of what is generally happening to hopefully help give some guys a little idea of what is going on without delving into too much boring detail.

I believe that the statement made by IntheTubeDeep is correct but in all honesty guys I'm not spending a fortune to find out, you can, I'm not. I'd rather spend it on a new Roto 170 FS.

Its one of the reason I hate posting any form of measured data on forums but in this case I did because so many guys were sounding confused about firmware and EU RF issues I thought it needed showing rather than talking about.

Right, that's that over.

I'll be posting the EU RF plot in a few minutes and that should cause some discussion.

Paul
(AKA Veri-Gash)
Veri-Gash is online now Find More Posts by Veri-Gash
Old Today, 01:24 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,598 Posts
ok good to know, I'll run one in cone and other in canopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmaster View Post
The PCB antennas "clustered" together in the same polarization and that close IMO will be more of an issue than any near field magnets. Any metal against or closer than a wavelength to the antennas can affect antenna resonance, detune it. I don't think the magnets are close enough for that. I'm sure a strong magnetic field can shape the antenna gain but I've never seen any posts that verify that.
Myself, I'd have one antenna forward into the cone, the other going back into the fuse, not up against any wiring.
Better yet, cats whisker antennas that you could insert in tubes to better route them in clear areas and polarization.
Fortunate thanks to real time RSSI and voice alerts, you'll know early on if you have a range issue. Long before any loss of control would happen. For insurance on your first flights, set you RSSI higher than 42/43 and see what the displayed numbers end up being.
I don't think the magnets are an issue but you have the ability to verify that in air safely.
I hate saying "never" when $ are at risk.
Ground range check is good to do always but it's just ball park.
Old Today, 01:31 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,598 Posts
I'm glad you posted that RF data VG, very informative!! Especially since a pilot in Su35 and PAKFA threads recently bought a DX18 over Taranis he found your data very interesting and may be second guessing his decision Looking forward to your next post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veri-Gash View Post
Hi Guys

I'm sorry but this is gonna sound like a moan, its not honest.

I think I said in the post I made Taranis RF Signal Put Simply that it was not complete because my Spectrum Analyser, whilst a superb bit of kit, is simply not an industrial device costing 10's of thousands of pounds. So it can only scan 10 to 11 times a second which means in cannot measure the time between pulses given a Taranis could be transmitting at a 100 times a second for all we know.

What it did do is offer a visualisation of what is generally happening to hopefully help give some guys a little idea of what is going on without delving into too much boring detail.

I believe that the statement made by IntheTubeDeep is correct but in all honesty guys I'm not spending a fortune to find out, you can, I'm not. I'd rather spend it on a new Roto 170 FS.

Its one of the reason I hate posting any form of measured data on forums but in this case I did because so many guys were sounding confused about firmware and EU RF issues I thought it needed showing rather than talking about.

Right, that's that over.

I'll be posting the EU RF plot in a few minutes and that should cause some discussion.

Paul
(AKA Veri-Gash)
Old Today, 01:37 PM
C17 Instructor
Yorkshire, England
Joined May 2004
279 Posts
Taranis RF Signal Put Simply II

Hi Guys

Further to my post about Taranis RF Signal Put Simply.

I've done the post EU FrSky RF grab.

First if you look at the Spektrum DSMX grab from my DX18 its exactly as before. Jumping its way around the spectrum.

Now look at the EU Compliant Taranis in D16 mode grab. Interesting isn't it. We still appear to have more transmissions that Spektrum DSMX but not as by a greater margin as the pre EU Compliant RF.

In my opinion it supports the theory that FrSky have reduced the duty cycle to get the XJT RF to comply. but we won't know for sure without spending a load more money.

So time and model flying will tell as to whether our RF link is as robust as we're used to.

Don't forget, other guys have proved that we frequency over more channels that Spektrum, so that's in our favour.

My opinion, don't worry about it. We still appear tom have a better RF link than Spektrum and we have OpenTx.

Happy with that.

Paul
(AKA Veri-Gash)
Veri-Gash is online now Find More Posts by Veri-Gash