HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:48 AM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Mar 2014
26 Posts
Real shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
you are quite welcome sir. i have been in contact with Tom Z, he has no plans to keep his site up any longer. good luck with your super!
Darn shame when a resource is "lost" .... AreTom's info/settings archived anywhere ?
I'm on page 245 skimming-reading this thread ....bunch of info setting suggestions....be great to
Have beginner setting "range" and same "range" for intermediate I figure by advanced I'll
Have 7e's options somewhat ironed.out ... My CD reader - driver is on the fritz =NO instructions
I'm flying ...intimidated with standard settings Timer sorta set and TH activated all my other settings
Stock first CP and luvin her!
Now at pg. 300 ...I'm thinking ...as recommended (string razor on 374) ... Download/learn Deviation now ? and I'm thinking easier to beg borrow deviation SCP models , then find "old" devo numbers for beginners
4jacksman is online now Find More Posts by 4jacksman
Last edited by 4jacksman; Jan 26, 2015 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Brain fart
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jacksman View Post
Darn shame when a resource is "lost" .... AreTom's info/settings archived anywhere ?
I'm on page 245 skimming-reading this thread ....bunch of info setting suggestions....be great to
Have beginner setting "range" and same "range" for intermediate I figure by advanced I'll
Have 7e's options somewhat ironed.out ... My CD reader - driver is on the fritz =NO instructions
I'm flying ...intimidated with standard settings Timer sorta set and TH activated all my other settings
Stock first CP and luvin her!
Now at pg. 300 ...I'm thinking ...as recommended (string razor on 374) ... Download/learn Deviation now ? and I'm thinking easier to beg borrow deviation SCP models , then find "old" devo numbers for beginners
Jackman,
I am not sure how competent you are at flying heli's but I would try TomZ's setting that are shown and then dial back on the Ail/Elv throws and dial in more expo. I did them and found them to be a bit to much for inside and dialed them back. They are still more responsive than my original settings but pretty easy to control inside. Or, if you would like, I can post my original setting which are pretty darn dialed back and VERY easy to fly inside. After playing around with the 7E I find it pretty darn easy to get use to it UI.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
1,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jacksman View Post
Download/learn Deviation now ?
That would be my strong recommendation. Getting a Devo and putting Deviation on it are the best investments in time and money I have made so far. I'm flying Walkera V120D02S, V450D03, and now Mini CP on it right now. In the past I also used it for Blade 120SR and WLToys v930. I love being able to fly all the helis on the same TX and being able to program them all in the same format. I do all of my editing in Notepad++ on the PC and then transfer the file to the TX when I am finished editing. I never program using the TX any more unless it's something simple like adjusting a timer.

The Super CP probably flies about like the Mini CP, although I could be wrong there. I just flew my Mini CP for the first time last night, and yikes! The settings that are posted online even for "beginners" are pretty squirelly. I'll be creating a more tame model.ini for Deviation in the next few days. I will set it up with a toned down beginner mode in FMOD0, a slightly more responsive mode in FMOD1, and a "very responsive" mode in FMOD2 to allow progressing with the flip of a switch. I did it for the V120D02S, which didn't fly worth a hoot with the Deviation files I found online, including the servos binding due to the file being just plain wrong. When using a file that you find online, always treat it as a starting point. Test it and tweak it if needed. Next up is the Mini CP.

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is offline Find More Posts by Florida Heli
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
383 Posts
Hey Florida Heli, once you've created your model.ini could you upload it here so I can try it? All I've been flying are 4 channel FP's and Quadcopters for a few years which are quite easy to program on my Deviated Devo 10 and 7E. This Super CP is my first real adventure into the world of CP Heli's. I've tried TomZ's model.ini's for the Super CP and Istill find the heli difficult to control and I can't really understand all the settings and what I should change.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
2,030 Posts
Would the Mini CP .ini file be used with the Super CP?
vincent713 is online now Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Today, 11:16 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
Would the Mini CP .ini file be used with the Super CP?
I can't see why not.
According to the model.ini files provided by TomZ on the DeviationTX forum he says they should work for:
Walkera V120D02S
Walkera V120D02S V2
Walkera Mini CP
Walkera Super CP

Walkera Genius CP V1/V2
Walkera V100D08

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest