HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:36 AM
Joined Jun 2006
87 Posts
Discussion
Millenium PTU problem

I just bought the Millenium PTU. It really is a blast to fly and gives much
better control than the IR type transmitter toys. I do have a problem.
After I fly for about 30 sec. the receiver stops getting a signal and of course
the heli drops out of the sky. When I pick it up and set the transmitter back to low throttle it reinitializes and will fly for another 30 seconds. I packed it up
and will send it back for a replacement.. Does anyone who owns one have the same problem, or did I get a lemon (which does happen)? If there is an easy solution to this without replacing it, let me know also.

Thank,
--Bruce
bruceden is offline Find More Posts by bruceden
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2007, 03:47 PM
Southeast PA
Joined Oct 2005
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceden
I just bought the Millenium PTU. It really is a blast to fly and gives much
better control than the IR type transmitter toys. I do have a problem.
After I fly for about 30 sec. the receiver stops getting a signal and of course
the heli drops out of the sky. When I pick it up and set the transmitter back to low throttle it reinitializes and will fly for another 30 seconds. I packed it up
and will send it back for a replacement.. Does anyone who owns one have the same problem, or did I get a lemon (which does happen)? If there is an easy solution to this without replacing it, let me know also.

Thank,
--Bruce
I never heard of that. Replace the lemon!
Vario3 is offline Find More Posts by Vario3
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:28 PM
Joined Jul 2007
18 Posts
I bought my brother one for Xmas, and now less then a month, his has started having the same problem.
JDski is offline Find More Posts by JDski
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:33 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Yikes! I googled it and it's some sort of robot man toy helicopter. If you liked THAT.. get a honeybee FP (or equivalent) and a get a simulator and get down to learning how to fly a real R/C helicopter and have a really fun time!

Something like this toy has no upgrades, not easy to get parts, and not much challenge or control either. It's just a small stepping stone to getting into R/C helis.

Go to www.youtube.com and search honeybee FP to see what I mean... it doesn't cost that much more than your toy!
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:38 PM
Suspended Account
Troy, Ohio
Joined Jan 2008
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster
Yikes! I googled it and it's some sort of robot man toy helicopter. If you liked THAT.. get a honeybee FP (or equivalent) and a get a simulator and get down to learning how to fly a real R/C helicopter and have a really fun time!

Something like this toy has no upgrades, not easy to get parts, and not much challenge or control either. It's just a small stepping stone to getting into R/C helis.

Go to www.youtube.com and search honeybee FP to see what I mean... it doesn't cost that much more than your toy!
Good point.
wackedheli is offline Find More Posts by wackedheli