HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 AM
United States, CO, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2006
284 Posts
Discussion
The FPM SLE 01

I am excited to introduce my stream-liner turned road-racer project I have been working very hard on since last July! It has exceeded my expectations in design and function.
I apologize to Lazzlo and the others for some of the extra FS parts and things. I will get back to it.
This is my micro servo driven and braking center-hub steering chassis, second test. I have a lot of time with a SB5 body on it but thought I would first post the run without it. It limited the cornering clearance.

FPMSLE 01 (3 min 49 sec)

Cheers.
Nolan
Nolan Farmer is offline Find More Posts by Nolan Farmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2014, 08:54 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
762 Posts
Looks like a very capable bike Nolan, No Naked Pic's or is this top secret?.
DLAWW is offline Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:49 PM
United States, CO, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2006
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW View Post
Looks like a very capable bike Nolan, No Naked Pic's or is this top secret?.
The steering is quite different from anything I have seen so I think it may be wise to keep the details close until I get close to producing a first run Dwayne. It could be copied easily. I will machine the first run of parts until I can get tooling done. I still need to do a lot more testing of my detailed prototypes in the extremes before I can be sure I have something that will hold up. Then I can come up with some simpler machined pieces In a smallish quantity to get it rolling......
This bike does not have many parts so maybe I will live long enough and can afford to produce it.
Nolan Farmer is offline Find More Posts by Nolan Farmer