Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:10 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzu View Post
Voodoo...Nice bro,gota luv the echo when closing throtle quickly
Dup...True!! Built sth island strong ay,awesum!

Looking like i'm heading in the direction of the scorpion that WarMachine posted..
hk 3026 1900kv,5s,27043rpm,130a,7x10....not to sure wether thats static,logged in flight,or prop calc?

Except i'll be on dup's 6x10's so amps will drop abit,mayb 120a? Also can source motor in n.z and at $140nz its cheap..
The other motor i could consider is the mega 22 35 1.5er,but its 50g heavier and dunno if it'd give same performance? can't find much data on it.....and the more you chip at that throttle,the more the esc and lipo start to dislike you ; )

hmmmmmm
You had posted that you want a "good all around plane" if that is the case,i would go 1600Kv on the Outrunner with the 7X10 folder on 5S.....1900Kv would be good for speed runs in burst,and that is about it.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:21 PM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
700 Posts
Yip quite true Voodoo,sometimes my apendage gets in my way of thinking faster is better
Yip 1600kv would push it alng nicely...how fast do you estimate? Its a pitch of 414 kmph @ 17v
blitzu is offline Find More Posts by blitzu
Last edited by blitzu; Dec 06, 2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: sorry my kmph was out on first answer
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:46 PM
Cyprus
Joined Mar 2012
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
You had posted that you want a "good all around plane" if that is the case,i would go 1600Kv on the Outrunner with the 7X10 folder on 5S.....1900Kv would be good for speed runs in burst,and that is about it.
I have some 6s 1800 HK 65c already what kv would you suggest for as above.
Good all rounder.
savneo is online now Find More Posts by savneo
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:59 PM
Joined Dec 2012
700 Posts
Thrs a 3026 1400kv,but on 6s it would be a speed machine...not hoon machine (gd all rnder)
Just seen theres a 1210kv as well...
Last edited by blitzu; Dec 07, 2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Found more info
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:13 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,812 Posts
Apc 5.25x6.25

I forgot all about this graph which I made 2-3 weeks ago.

.....Not so sure that the limited battery room on Swist will allow that many Watts during high speed passes....remains to be seen.

Static data from 1 second after the peak AMP spike.
%KV under load was looking pretty good, I ran out of cell count so I could not fully push the 28mm MEGA motors for the short duration.

Good luck to you all,

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,794 Posts
Quote:
Yip quite true Voodoo,sometimes my apendage gets in my way of thinking faster is better
Yip 1600kv would push it alng nicely...how fast do you estimate? Its a pitch of 414 kmph @ 17v
Pushing anything to it's limits is a rush for sure....but at the end of the day,your chances of coming home with some messed up stuff is very high....after playing with a bunch of powertrains i soon found that with these go-fast elec missles,it is MUCH WISER to find a system that works without trashing equipment if you plan to sport fly a bunch (setups that can only run for 15 to 30 second bursts can be a Pain in the Nutz some days),and that can be pretty hard when you think with the apendage
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:33 AM
Joined Dec 2012
700 Posts
hehe yea bro..
Decided over the weekend it wont be going rnd a course that much,so has evoulved into mre of a quick hoon machine (when susa get bck to me...) When i think of it,it'l only be flying in 10-15sec full thottle bursts,thats two laps and a 1000ft climb,b4 i come screaming dwn,power off
Hey did you stick with a carbon tube for elev main linkage,what dia/wall thickness did you use?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:42 AM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
I forgot all about this graph which I made 2-3 weeks ago.

.....Not so sure that the limited battery room on Swist will allow that many Watts during high speed passes....remains to be seen.

Static data from 1 second after the peak AMP spike.
%KV under load was looking pretty good, I ran out of cell count so I could not fully push the 28mm MEGA motors for the short duration.

Good luck to you all,

Gryphon
I want to hear a 5.25x6.25 at 45,000
SlowBarless is offline Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:45 AM
Joined Dec 2012
700 Posts
It may snd strange,but this is my first full carbon etc airframe,when you talk about epoxying the stab/elev to fuse-are u just using standard 5min & 30min epoxy? I always thought you had to use a special carbon type glue..?
Get any flying in today? cheers
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:27 AM
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
945 Posts
Standard 30min will be fine. I rough up the saddle and drill some small .5mm holes into it so the epoxy forms these small 'epoxy rivets' helps hold it on. I've only had a tail let go when it went nose first into the ground at 300k and then caught fire
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:20 AM
Joined Dec 2012
700 Posts
Cool,and epoxy sweet for motor mounts too?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:38 AM
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
945 Posts
I use Hysol for motor mounts and then reinforce the front of the firewall with carbon rovings and laminating resin after the hysol has cured. I also then put the whole thing in an oven at 50 degreesC to finish the cure.

Ive never had a problem gluing mounts with normal 30min epoxy, but just be aware as the motor heats up the glue will soften. That's why I tend to use rather exotic adhesives for motor mounts. Never had a firewall pop out (:
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,794 Posts
Quote:
hehe yea bro..
Decided over the weekend it wont be going rnd a course that much,so has evoulved into mre of a quick hoon machine (when susa get bck to me...) When i think of it,it'l only be flying in 10-15sec full thottle bursts,thats two laps and a 1000ft climb,b4 i come screaming dwn,power off
Hey did you stick with a carbon tube for elev main linkage,what dia/wall thickness did you use?
A few things to remember,there is a big difference between a setup that can only run for 15 seconds and have to get off the throttle before things start melting....and flying at 15 seconds burst on a lower power system and you are just stretching the flight ....but in the end,on a FAST plane,i feel both of those are no good.......I have smoked 2 ESC's just cause every time you get on and off that throttle,the ESC starts building heat at every hit,and we are talking 20+ degrees every hit .
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,794 Posts
Quote:
It may snd strange,but this is my first full carbon etc airframe,when you talk about epoxying the stab/elev to fuse-are u just using standard 5min & 30min epoxy? I always thought you had to use a special carbon type glue..?
Get any flying in today? cheers
What Slowbarless says,scuff and 30 min epoxy.....When i did my mounts,i also use 30min epoxy with no issue,but i do also notch the edges of the mount (in my mind that will help keep them in place) and i also put a bead of 30 minute epoxy mixed with magic carbon fiber dust around the outside as a blocker.....and yes,Got 3 flights on my Swist today,and 2 on my X ....On a side note,i am not to happy with my new Gens Ace Lipos Time to go back to what i know,Thunder Power 65C.
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Dec 09, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:46 AM
Joined Dec 2012
700 Posts
Heya Voodoo/SlowBarless...Cool cheers for advice and handy hints
lol yea i think the same way and on ply mtr mount used a hacksaw and cut about 8 slots rnd the outside or it ...